Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make miners and woodcutters wear armour (basic idea)  (Read 1490 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
How to make miners and woodcutters wear armour (basic idea)
« on: November 09, 2013, 05:09:54 pm »

Step 1: Go into the raws and change mail shirts, helms, etc. to be clothing.
Step 2: Reload game.
Step 3: ???? (see below)
Step 4: Your miners and woodcutters are now wearing their newly-recategorised civvies.
Step 5: Go into the raws and change the mail shirts and other armour items back, otherwise they'll remain vulnerable to wear.

Step 3 is ???? because I don't know any efficient way of getting a dwarf to wear a specific bit of clothing without it being part of a uniform. Maybe set a uniform for them, remove the labour so they'll go and pick it up, and then lock them in a room while they change from mail-as-uniform to mail-as-clothing?

I'm not sure how this interacts with the Hunter labour.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to make miners and woodcutters wear armour (basic idea)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »

You can use the forced command in the raws, or just delete other item types. That's how I got goblos to wear chest armor and helms.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~