Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Author Topic: Magical Spambot Girls - Magic, Robots, Girls, and Amazing Products! - SORRY  (Read 67476 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Magical Spambot Girls
Magic, Robots, Girls, and Amazing Products!

What is Magical Spambot Girls?

Magical Spambot Girls is a game about the titular girls braving the dangers of the internet to bring people the word about affordable items they don't need. If you want a game with a deep and thought provoking plot, you've come to the wrong place. If you want to see 6 to 13 year olds blow up robots to post information about cheap kitchens in the UK, welcome aboard.

How many players are you taking?

I'm aiming for a minimum of four players. If, somehow, I manage to get flooded with a swarm of applications, I'll probably take a maximum of eight or ten, mostly first come, first served unless some later applicants have some good skills/ideas that the party would really need.

Where the hell did you come up this idea?

Why, from this fancy post of course!

Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sales (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Potions and Items (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign-up Sheet (click to show/hide)

(If you have any questions/concerns/suggestions, feel free to tell me. I have no idea what I'm doing.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:16:13 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean I want to play. Sheet in due time.
Spoiler: done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:25:14 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

You caught my interest. Guess what character I'm using?

Spoiler: Angel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:59:33 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 30 points, do I spend them on just hp and mp or everything?

You can spend them on everything, so HP/MP or any of the combat/defensive/magic/sales skills.

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

Everything looks good! Welcome aboard Grace Pastor.

-snip-

Angel has one more skill point that she should (perhaps because you switched the hood out for the ribbon), but otherwise everything checks out. A bunch of the details should be filled in though.

-snip-

Seeing how I changed a skill's name to Innocence at the very last minute, I can't exactly object to your character's design. However you've only distributed 20 skill points when you have 30 points. Her inventory is perfect though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Angel has one more skill point that she should (perhaps because you switched the hood out for the ribbon), but otherwise everything checks out. A bunch of the details should be filled in though.
Will fix, cap'n!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Is this ok? (click to show/hide)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

Prefect!

Anyways I'll probably start the game tomorrow or Wednesday, so that Xelada has time to fix their character sheet. And to give time for someone else to join. Sound good?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Excellent. Excellent idea, too, I have to say.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks rather amusing, definitely the sort of insanity I'd rather participate in rather than observe.
Spoiler: Sign-up Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-

-snip-

Aw yes, two more perfect character sheets. And a pretty good spread of Sales skills too.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MISSION START

The year is 25XX. The internet has become a strange and dangerous place. Terrible worms and fell viruses clash with powerful drones and massive robots. And in between these two forces comes a new group, purveyors of wonderful news and useful products. They are as powerful as they are intelligent, as magical as they are persuasive. They are the Magical Spambot Girls, and they are here to change the internet forever.

Router- 5.14.XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

This router has an activated Magical Spambot Girl Beacon in it. Through the power of magic and affordable products, you teleport from headquarters to this server using the beacon. If you find other beacons on the internet, you can activate them to connect them to the teleportation network. Besides the beacon, the router is empty and uninteresting. Sniffers report that this section of the internet is calmer than most, making it a good place for your first mission as Magical Spambot Girls.

The router almost unused and has only one connection, leading to the north.

Spoiler: Angel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Grace Pastor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rosie-Lou-Lou (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sakura-Chan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tzuke-Tan (click to show/hide)

For mapping reference, all servers in the internet are identical squares. If you have any questions, or if I've made a mistake, feel free to tell me. Otherwise, let's get on with the game!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:01:52 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sakura-chan looks at her colleagues.
Code: [Select]
var friends = new Array();
friends[0] = "Angel";
friends[1] = "Grace Pastor";
friends[2] = "Rosie-Lou-Lou";
friends[3] = "Tzuke-Tan";
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)