Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: killing corpses  (Read 966 times)

doomyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
killing corpses
« on: November 08, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »

So I travel across the planet to kill a cougar which is apparently causing havoc in a hamlet (from across the planet). I kill the cougar, and on the walk back stop for water. As soon as I stop, we are under attack from 2 swallow woman corpses, a swallow man corpse and a giant kestrel corpse. The party barely manages to kill them. I am bleeding, with a broken leg. The river is frozen, so I can't even get water. As we start moving away from the river square so we can travel again, the corpses start attacking AGAIN!

Is there any way I can kill these? If I go back there (can't exactly remember which of the blighted rivers it is) will my former party attack me? Do I need to go back to get proof of killing the cougar with the next party, or will going to the cougar's lair and returning suffice? I only took the head, not the body.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: killing corpses
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »

Sounds like you ran into a reanimating biome. An evil biome where dead things refuse to stay dead. If any of your former party die, they will rise again and attack you. Though they will have dropped their equipment on death, so they will be somewhat less deadly in death.

There isn't any way to stop them outside of having them encased in ice or obsidian, or find some way to burn them. All of which aren't easy to do in adventure mode, and burning them will take quite a while before they finally melt. From what I understand, in the next version there will be a 'pulping' feature; if a body part takes enough damage it will turn into a pulpy mess, meaning it will be unusable and cannot rise from the dead.

You don't need to take back a corpse of a quest target, or any other part of them. Anything you take is basically just a trophy for yourself.

doomyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: killing corpses
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:29:30 pm »

Yea, I found about the trophy. I started the next game and spread the good news but the Child said "Tales of Fantasy can not help us" so I thought he didn't buy it. Turns out, he did, he's just a punk.

Other than Fun, I can't think of any reason to go back to the reanimating biome. Next challenge: killing the ettin with shield bashes.