Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Elven Mafia RTD: IC/Game Thread!  (Read 2553 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Elven Mafia RTD: IC/Game Thread!
« on: November 11, 2013, 08:08:05 am »

Post formatting: Normal text for descriptions and such, Bold for actions, "Color and quotation marks" for speech, colored italics for thoughts.

For discussion, character sheets and questions, go to OOC Thread!

====

Uncle Imil is dead.

It was an accident, really. He slipped on wet rag and struck his head against a cabinet. Very unfortunate, but what you can do.

This terrible event, however, allows the rest family to finally begin to put their plans in the motion. The gold form the rest of the family back in the elven kingdom have arrived - two thousand gold coins. It would be enough to simply lay down and live like that in a mediocre apartment, but those arent' the plans of the family.

The Imperial City of Taizeron is ripe for conquest - the dumb humans and their overlords are squabbling over offcial positions and membership in various guilds and factions. A concept of teamwork and unity seems to elude most of the population. But soon, they will learn the names of their new masters.

The Elven Mafia of Musirkmi Family.

Turn 1

Ilsumi, Harvingel, Zekiah Feceithri and Obi Wanala are currently in the luxurious house adjacent to the guildhouse previously owned by Uncle Imil. The chest containing golden coins is hidden under Ilsumi's bed.

The guildhouse complex is located in southern part of the city.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Mafia RTD: IC/Game Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:23:31 am »

Harvingel walks into the dining room and bows in respect to his aunt for several seconds before speaking.

"The money has arrived aunt and with your permission I would like to construct 2 inns.
If you'd be so kind as to give me the money I'll arrange the construction right away and set to work on recruitment.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:56:49 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:07 am »

Harvingel walks into the dining room and bows in respect to his uncle for several seconds before speaking.

"The money has arrived uncle and with your permission I would like to construct 2 inns.
If you'd be so kind as to give me the money I'll arrange the construction right away and set to work on recruitment.

((Y-you do know that Uncle Imil is dead, right?))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:46 am »

(( I'm nephew to the new head not him. So your nephew. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:02 am »

(( I'm nephew to the new head not him. So your nephew. ))

((Ah, okay. It's just confusing because Ilsumi is a woman. So... she's not your uncle.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:43 am »

Ops. Fixed.
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 09:48:15 am »

Ilsumi lounges behind the table, wearing a light-purple dress with a floral pattern on it. "Harvingel, Harvingel, please don't call me aunt. I am not an old maid yet. And as for the money... Well, as much as I would agree with you, let's hear from the rest of the family first, shall we? 2000 gold is not a lot in this world, and we would be wise best to invest it properly."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:02:20 am »

"What could be worth more then a source of income, information and money all rolled into one?

In any case I have work to do, let me know what you decide if the others are out of bed by noon.

Harvingel turns on his heels and walks away going to the guild house.

Looks for recruits and listen for any rumors that are important, put the word out I want a meeting with a representative of the merchants guild.
Caine's law.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:23:47 am »

Ilsumi sighs. "Patience is a virtue, you know. You would be a fool to rush forward without consulting the rest of the family."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:26 am »

While Harvingel strides outside, I consider the options.

"In any case, I do think that owning our own inn would be a great source of information and a good starting point."

Walk out to the streets. See if I can find any good information about the noble kind through the commoners.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 02:09:19 pm »

@Harvingel:

[charisma: 4+2] Harvingel managed to find out that there are three young men with some interesting skills, and that there are two groups of rough looking men living near the guildhouse who won't mind doing dirty jobs, for a good payment, that's it.

[street: 1] The only rumor that Harvingel heard amongst the youth is that recently an elf called Imil have died and a bunch of ugly relatives took over his house. At least, that's what the teens heard.

[charisma: 1+2] Finally, Harvingel told the guildmasters that he is looking for a contact with someone from Merchant's Guild. The guildmasters looked at each other and shrugged.

"I will see what I can do fer ya." One of them said, sounding very unconvincing about that.

@Zekiah:

[street: 4+1] On his short trip onto the streets, Zekiah learned quite a lot.

The nobles live in the northern part of the city, where the most of administrative buildings are located as well.
Commander of the City Garrison is the son of Harald Jurgen, leader of the one of the most prominent noble families living in Taizeron.
Currently most nobles have agricultural or mining enterprises away from the city or conduct trade with foreign countries, so not many of them are interested in the city politics.
Finally, Zekiah also heard a rumor that Tarbald family, one of the minor noble families, recently had a feud with the Inquisition, but no commoner could tell any details about this.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »

Recruit the 3 men and 2 groups. Get a full report from each on skills and send them to the guild house.
Caine's law.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 02:51:18 pm »

@Harvingel:

Unfortunately, the moment the recruits and thugs heard they won't be getting a house to live in, they decided to not join the elves.

@Ilsumi:

Someone entered the house. It was the loyal lieutenant of the family, Aaron Than. He bowed before Ilsumi.

"The funeral went without incident, ma'am."

(+Aaron Than: Accounting 1, Medicine 1)
SigFlags!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

"Well, if they're all the relatives we have, I cannot say I'll be disappointed if we find them in the city prison. Though he had the right idea on expansion, just not far enough. I'd say we build double the amount of inns he wanted, and add in a couple of wineries to supply them. We'd be able to comfortably pay any outstanding costs any other facility of ours incurs. After that, some housing for some grunts, or a change of pace from this dreadfully small hovel would be sustainable." Obi-wanala said, standing out of wherever he hid, garbed in an unassuming robe.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

Tell them housing will be ready soon, remind the merchants I want a meeting. Look for any housing blocks near or home and ask owners of each to meet with me.
Caine's law.

Pages: [1] 2 3