Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Elven Mafia RTD: IC/Game Thread!  (Read 2551 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Elven Mafia RTD: IC/Game Thread!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

"Well, if they're all the relatives we have, I cannot say I'll be disappointed if we find them in the city prison. Though he had the right idea on expansion, just not far enough. I'd say we build double the amount of inns he wanted, and add in a couple of wineries to supply them. We'd be able to comfortably pay any outstanding costs any other facility of ours incurs. After that, some housing for some grunts, or a change of pace from this dreadfully small hovel would be sustainable." Obi-wanala said, standing out of wherever he hid, garbed in an unassuming robe.

"I am glad that my own brother has some sense. Hopefully the rest of the family will emulate you in time." Ilsumi sighs and turns to Aaron. "Thank you for your efforts, Aaron. I shall visit Uncle's grave later. Too much work and not enough time to do it in. Such is life when we claw our way to the top." Ilsumi slowly stands up and smooths out her dress. "The rest of the day is yours, brother. I trust that you will consult me before you do anything too drastic. I won't be able to afford bail after purchasing so much land. However... If you have the time I would appreciate it if you were to investigate the wine merchants in the city. We would be wise to scout out our competition beforehand." Ilsumi begins to stride to the door.

"Aaron, come with me. I need someone with a head for numbers to check the figures. You know how contractors can be."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:57 pm »

@Ilsumi:

"Yes, ma'am." The human obediently followed his mistress.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 04:18:25 pm »

"Very well then sister. I shall go and investigate the competition." With that, and a nod, he left, falling into the cityscape.

Investigate the other wine merchants of the city, along with any other potential "Competitors"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »

"Excellent."

Ilsumi heads into town to see about constructing four Inns and two Wine Breweries

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »

@Obi:

[street: 3] After thorough investigation on the streets, Obi found out that there are at least three wine breweries in this district, but none of those brew elven wine.

@Ilsumi:

This endeavor took Ilsumi through the streets to the very administrative heart of the city - the City Hall. A young man with black hair and goatee was the clerk at the Office of Construction.

"Hmm, an elf. How can I help you?"

"This fair elven lady needs permission to construct a chain of four inns and two wine breweries." Aaron explained but the clerk went pale for a brief moment.

"That's, that's six permits... we don't issue two per day to the same person... unless exceptional circumstances appear or... maybe if you have contract from the Emperor..."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »

Sneak into one of the breweries, and attempt to ascertain the owner.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »

Ilsumi sighs. "Unfortunately for you I am on a tight budget. Make three permits then, a Winery for me and two Inns for my colleague here."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:24:30 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »

NOTE: I am actually the nephew of Ilsumi. Don't know why I put cousin. But nephew.

Zekiah steps in from behind Ilsumi.
"Mister, I'm afraid the lady you are speaking to is a person of great nobility." Zekiah gestured towards Ilsumi. "With complete respect, I implore you to consider authorizing the six permits she requests. It would be troublesome to bother the Emperor at this time, now would it? After all, the Emperor is so busy at this time, and very impatient. Besides, we have the money and we shall be quick about our proceedings. We ask this in all gratitude, of course."

Zekiah put all of his willpower behind his words, hoping he could change the clerk's mind.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »

Ilsumi waves her hand at Zekiah. "Let the little bureaucrat enjoy his games. We have three people here, so we can leave with our permits while this fellow here follows his instructions to the letter."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 07:48:41 pm »

@Zekiah:

[charisma: 1+1] "Hmph! Elven nobility? Right, as if."

@Elves at City Hall:

"Anyway, if you're so inclined, I can grant each one of you a permit, so it will be three permits." A minute or two later, he had the documents prepared.

"Sign here." He said, giving them three pieces of paper, where it is written:

"Hereby I acknowledge that I hath procured a construction permit, from VITOLD RUMPELTAINN, and below is the signature of my persona:

[empty space]"

@Obi:

[covert, -4 for daylight: 5-4+4 = 5] This wine brewery, located almost under the city walls, proved no match to skilled elven spy that was Obi. Even in daylight, he managed to sneak inside through the backdoor in the alley. Obi quickly found the room of the owner, who like most of the shopkeepers these times, lived above his enterprise. From the signatures on documents and letters to family, Obi found out that the owner is named 'Leyla Armin', and that she is selling wine from vineyards somewhere in the southern Empire.

@Harvingel:

[street: 3] Harvingel heard that there are few housing blocks that could be bought, but he got an info only about one of them, two streets away from his family's dwelling. It is owned by elderly couple of humans who were housekeepers for three decades and now are selling the house so they can retire and move to the countryside.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:51:41 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 08:15:11 pm »

Zekiah frowned. That hadn't gone the way he had planned, but they still got the permits at the end of the day.
Sign the document: Zekiah Feceithri.
He decided it would be good to get some ties started, some strings set up. After all, you can't pull strings that don't exist.
Go out into the streets. Find out where the Tarbald family lives, or at least hangs around at.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »

Meet with the couple and put my charisma to work negotiating the best possible price. (( So meeting with the guild can't happen before tomorrow? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 08:29:54 pm »

@Zekiah:

Zekiah have obtained one construction permit.

[street: 3+1] Zekiah learned that the Tarbald family lives in the northern district, like most of the noble families, and their estate is located at Goldcrafter's street, but no one around seems to know the house's number.

@Harvingel:

[charisma: 3+2] The couple have decided that they want no less than five hundred coins for the housing block. There's no visible damage to it nor the few rooms that Harvingel could see, so it's almost like new building.
SigFlags!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »

Harvingel waits for his aunt to get home sitting impatiently just inside the door.

" I've got men waiting for a place to stay and a house I can buy today for less then it would cost to build our own and 26 days sooner, I need 500 gold to get it done and get back to work before somebody else takes the house first. "

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:28:32 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 08:39:07 pm »

Ilsumi rolls her eyes. "Thanks."

Ilsumi signs the permit and then leaves once Aaron is finished as well. Afterwards she goes to inquire about constructing two inns and a winery on the properties.

( Yes I'm basically taking the money without permission. ))

((I'd like to point out that you don't know where the gold is, merely that I have it. Ilsumi isn't entirely stupid.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3