Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Necrochambers-RM(The Fell Fortress has Risen again!)  (Read 9816 times)

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necrochambers-RM
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 01:08:43 pm »

That Depends. If it happened already, I really want to say no due to the nature of Necrochambers. But if it did(or does) yea sure one more go.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 04:15:43 pm »

Well, I'm sure he means something along the lines of immediate necromancer siege or dying before the end of Spring. That hasn't happened yet, so I think we can make an exception for him.

So yeah. Go right ahead and savescum within good judgement. No cheating! <3
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 11:51:22 pm »

Well, I'm sure he means something along the lines of immediate necromancer siege or dying before the end of Spring. That hasn't happened yet, so I think we can make an exception for him.

Yes, that's what I mean.
Because right after you unpause it, you get ambushed by ettin skeleton. Our guys don't have time to pick up the weapons and have to go melee on him, that is nearly useless.
The best result that I got is what embark team contains 3 archers, 3 hammerdwarves, oneminer and 3 war dogs, and luckily some archer could pick his crossbow, quiver and bolts in the middle of fight and shoot that bastard down. But there were only two dwarves left. Those two managed to burrow into old fort (that one with depot airlock). But then on got injured by undead horse and the other went insane. It ended by the mid-spring, that's the best score I got so far...
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »

Yes, that's what I mean.
Because right after you unpause it, you get ambushed by ettin skeleton. Our guys don't have time to pick up the weapons and have to go melee on him, that is nearly useless.
The best result that I got is what embark team contains 3 archers, 3 hammerdwarves, oneminer and 3 war dogs, and luckily some archer could pick his crossbow, quiver and bolts in the middle of fight and shoot that bastard down. But there were only two dwarves left. Those two managed to burrow into old fort (that one with depot airlock). But then on got injured by undead horse and the other went insane. It ended by the mid-spring, that's the best score I got so far...
Oh dear god...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 01:43:56 am »

Ok, now it's slightly better. Four survived, but one went insane short afterwards and one is bedridden with broken leg and some other injures. Two others are fine physically, but aren't mentally - both are very close to madness. It's mid-spring here again, lets see where it brings us...
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 02:26:21 am »

Oh, wow.  With every description, my anticipation grows!  Thanks, Geallen, for giving me a go at this - it can only get better by the time my turn is up!
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 05:19:43 am »

Oh I didn't realize the Zombies would stay. Dayum. Yea until you can get enough dwarves to actually play, savescum all you want. Within reason  8).

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 09:32:41 am »

I don't know if it would break the rules (more) than savescumming, but it might be easier to just use DFHack's 'startdwarf' command, to send a few extra meatshields sacrifices delaying tactics stalwart beards into the fray.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 09:52:29 am »

I don't know if it would break the rules (more) than savescumming, but it might be easier to just use DFHack's 'startdwarf' command, to send a few extra meatshields sacrifices delaying tactics stalwart beards into the fray.
No, that's too much.
If I fall one more time, I'll try to use changemode command to possess dwarves and equip them before they blindly run into the battle. Equipped dwarves surely can kill those initial undeads.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »

Finally those two survived till first migrant wave. Now there is total population of 9, three of them are children. One child got his leg torn apart by violent ghost, but now it's been put to rest.
Things are going dull. The only undead that left here is a kobold skeleton that chases ducks around.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 05:09:41 pm »

Well, sometimes the only way you can make things not dull, is to make things not dull! ;D

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 03:45:16 am »

Well, sometimes the only way you can make things not dull, is to make things not dull! ;D
Well, now we need to retake the whole place. Safely retake, I mean.
Our miner leader (one of those two reclaim party dwarves who survived) dug into cavern and saw there a beast made of vomit swimming in the cave lake. We WON'T drink from that lake. Let it swim, maybe if we ignore it, it will dissolve or go away.

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:48 am »

Ahh so thats where all the vomit went. Down the drain! Anyways on a serious note, why was vomit ever taken out?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 12:38:03 pm »

I said dull? Shame on me.

Our miner was found dead contorted in fear. There's a ghost of little child who starved at 68.

We reclaimed old part of the fort. And here comes dwarven caravan!

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 01:35:49 pm »

Good luck. From here on out you'll have to probably carve out a big ass room for all the ghost memorials. From my fort alone there's over 30 dead not entombed! And that's not counting the rest of the ghost army haunting Necorchambers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10