Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Adventurer Mode: Crash on Loading any Fort  (Read 1290 times)

xeranes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]Adventurer Mode: Crash on Loading any Fort
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »

Hello! With the two most recent builds (5.01 and 5.02) I have been consistently having the game instantly crash (dwarffortress.exe has stopped responding) when my adventurer enters a site with an npc fortress on it. This has happened across multiple worlds of differing age and race makeup.

Is this a known bug? Is there any fix?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:29:07 pm by xeranes »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Adventurer Mode: Crash on Loading any Fort
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »

I dont know much about Adv mode. Which race did build the fort? And which race do you play?

Could you post the last entries of the gamelog, and maybe the errorlog, if there is any? Did you try to disable dfhack and see if the crash happens without it?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

xeranes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Mode: Crash on Loading any Fort
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »

I do not know which race built each fort, but it happens with EVERY fort and no matter which race I pick to play as. The last entries of the gamelog were just "you cannot travel through the fortress," and the error log cuts out after complaining about "Unrecognized Inorganic Token: TEARS_OF_ARMOK" and a ton of duplicate tokens.

I will try it without DFHack!

EDIT:

Tried without DFHack, still crashed.

EDIT 2:

Error log got me thinking that something might be wrong with my raws, I've wiped them and I'm genning a new world to test.

EDIT 3:

Worked like a charm! Sorry about that! I must've screwed up the raws somehow! G'day!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:28:44 pm by xeranes »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [SOLVED]Adventurer Mode: Crash on Loading any Fort
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:43 am »

Please post your errorlog. Thats super important. Otherwise I can never ever fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::