Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug with Migrants leaving.  (Read 1384 times)

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bug with Migrants leaving.
« on: June 05, 2014, 12:02:22 am »

I started a fort in Dwarf mode (only one I've been able to get to work properly for some reason) and a diplomat showed up and even though he was not trapped or anything it kept saying 'a diplomat has left unhappy' and I would have dwarves leave with him.  Only he didn't leave and it would keep repeating and content dwarves would keep leaving.  I finally had to order my military to attack him and I guess he ran for his life and it got the message to go away.  Not sure if it's a known but but something to look at with the migrants leaving maybe and getting stuck in loops like that with diplomats

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with Migrants leaving.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 01:05:31 am »

So are you saying that with the emigration script and a stuck diplomat you pretty much had a constant stream of emigrating dwarves?

If so that is concerning.

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:07:57 am »

Yes, I had a stuck unhappy diplomat -- Not sure if I had my expedition leader busy and ignoring the guy or what but he got unhappy and was supposed to leave but never did for some reason even though it was an open fort etc.

Because of this every time it'd show him as unhappy and leaving I'd get the message of "so-and-so has left with the diplomat" or whatever and I noticed it at least 5 times before I figured out something was just flat out buggy and wrong and decided to kill the guy.  Whatever was broken that seemed to fix it though because they went to kill him, he fled and actually left and I stopped losing dwarves.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:05:22 am »

Hm, well if a diplomat gets stuck due to an external problem you will have a constant emigration problem, because the script simply checks if there is one on the map at the time.  As for the script actually causing the diplomat to get stuck... unlikely, but possible.  Maybe adding new units designated as diplomats confuses the game since normally you only get one at a time.  I'll remove that bit, then.

capennington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:55 am »

I don't know what it could have been external -- No invasions in progress, I was killing any thieves/snatchers etc as they came up.  The fortress wasn't enclosed or anything so I don't know where it came from.  It's like it's like the script was just looped because of an odd factor.  Anyway, thanks for the response and I will keep an eye open for odd diplomat/merchant actions like that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 06:15:27 am »

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::