Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 70295 times)

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2013, 05:56:32 pm »

Are you getting flickering on all tabs? The materials are disabled intentionally for now. Theme changes are much worse now with the decision to go with a grid for the civ tab so it will probably have to be changed to apply on restart if its that slow.

Flicker on all tabs.

(When I first read your reply and checked, there was no flicker, however, my cat was laying across half the keyboard. No cat = flicker. Cat = flicker. Looks like the solution is to include a kitten with the next update.)

Also, getting an odd color palette popup on the Graphics Settings: Color control

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Sorry for the small image. My first spoiler.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:12:45 pm by There Is No Vic »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2013, 11:01:35 pm »

This is a very cool Perl script, I should say. Automation of detecting permitted and undefined reactions is really impressive and can help much, I think.

Thank you for your contribution McTeellox. You do much to make MasterWork better fixing bugs and improving its balance - the aspects that I always considered to be of the most importance.

Thank you very much! I'm always delighted to get feedback, and I really appreciate your kind words.  <3

~ T

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #227 on: December 17, 2013, 05:28:28 am »

Are you getting flickering on all tabs? The materials are disabled intentionally for now. Theme changes are much worse now with the decision to go with a grid for the civ tab so it will probably have to be changed to apply on restart if its that slow.

Flicker on all tabs.

(When I first read your reply and checked, there was no flicker, however, my cat was laying across half the keyboard. No cat = flicker. Cat = flicker. Looks like the solution is to include a kitten with the next update.)

Also, getting an odd color palette popup on the Graphics Settings: Color control

i've noticed the flickering usually only happens on the first time you click on a tab, when it's got to draw everything. i put in some hackery that i thought fixed it, but if it's still doing it then i'll have to see about a bulk order of kittens.

the color palette pop-up is intended, so you can see what color scheme you've selected. the colors look ok (default+). what am i missing?

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2013, 12:04:45 pm »

Just wanna say, looking at the new interface for civs and their levels, materials, etc. WOW :) Nicely done. UI is much easier now.

Splinterz FTW!

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »

Flicker on all tabs.

i've noticed the flickering usually only happens on the first time you click on a tab, when it's got to draw everything. i put in some hackery that i thought fixed it, but if it's still doing it then i'll have to see about a bulk order of kittens.

the color palette pop-up is intended, so you can see what color scheme you've selected. the colors look ok (default+). what am i missing?

I've never played with the color palette, so I wasn't sure what it was for.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2013, 01:14:52 pm »

I can't seem to spawn anything at the coliseum, townportal, transform changelings into magma/waterlings - pretty much all of those spawning mechanics simply aren't working for me (with the exceptions of the guildhall-type buildings). DFhack spews an error at me (this is from the coliseum):

I can't really see anything in the game/errorlog that's relevant. This has been a problem that I've often run into, even in the non-SWP version, even though at the moment I'm using a fresh install of the latest unified version with all default settings and no cheats (by that I mean I didn't mess with DFhack at all) and I've tried genning multiple worlds. Should I have put this in the bugs thread since it's probably due to dfhack? I don't really know if it's exclusive to SWP .

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2013, 01:27:57 pm »

probably all entries of "spawn" should be replaced with "spawnunit", since the spawn script is for r3, but r4 includes a newer version named spawnunit. All inorganics that are created need that new SYN_CLASS:spawnunit.

thats my best guess.

Whats the error with the magmalings, they should still work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2013, 01:55:45 pm »

Oh I hadn't realised that was different, after trying just now it didn't produce an error message at all. It just doesn't do anything to the changelings.

Oh I should say that I disabled the researcher's study in order to test it quickly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2013, 04:00:37 pm »

probably all entries of "spawn" should be replaced with "spawnunit", since the spawn script is for r3, but r4 includes a newer version named spawnunit. All inorganics that are created need that new SYN_CLASS:spawnunit.

thats my best guess.

Whats the error with the magmalings, they should still work.

It's always been called spawnunit. Anyway, it'd just be easier to rename "spawnunit.lua" to "spawn.lua" if all the raws are already built for that.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »

I can't find any spawnunit script, either in R3 or in R4. And given that the error messages reference the spawn.lua file, and legitimate positions in it for the error, I don't think it's failing to load.

However the spawn.lua script does show differences between R3 and R4. I'm investigating now.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2013, 06:05:09 pm »

I can't seem to spawn anything at the coliseum, townportal, transform changelings into magma/waterlings - pretty much all of those spawning mechanics simply aren't working for me (with the exceptions of the guildhall-type buildings). DFhack spews an error at me (this is from the coliseum):

And that error message was incredibly helpful! The error about an unclosed function was indeed correct, and should now be fixed.

You should be able to grab this copy of spawn.lua and overwrite the old file (in the Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/ directory).

I'm currently at work, so I haven't had a chance to *test* that new copy, so letting me know of its success or failure would be grand! :)

(Unified and all relevant downloads have also been updated with the new file.)

Many thanks,

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 17, 2013, 10:05:22 pm »

Thanks to splinterz' excellent work, missing black/white altar reactions are enabled, and many syndromes have better names. These have been integrated into all branches and downloads.

~ T

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2013, 01:52:29 am »

Thanks! The coliseum reactions worked just fine by replacing that spawn.lua file, I'm not sure if it should have, but it didn't affect the alchemist problem. I won't be able to test the other workshops 'til later though.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2013, 07:03:01 am »

Thanks! The coliseum reactions worked just fine by replacing that spawn.lua file

Huzzah!

I'm not sure if it should have, but it didn't affect the alchemist problem.

Drats! Does DFHack spew any more errors? If not, I hope I'll get a chance to look into it in the morning. Is this the alchemist reaction turning changelings into magmalings / waterlings? I'm guessing that the new DFHack autosyndrome probably wants different tags on it (ie: it's only affecting the operator, when it should be affecting workshop contents), but that's just a hunch at this stage. I haven't actually played Dwarves very much, so all the alchemist reactions are new to me.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2013, 09:44:37 am »

If changeling to magma/waterlings doesnt work, then pet to armored pet also doesnt work. Ogre to armored Ogre in Kobold Mode the same.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39