Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 70314 times)

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2013, 10:05:18 am »

Yeah I meant the changeling transformations into both the waterling and magmaling (which still don't work), neither failures produce an error in dfhack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2013, 10:09:18 am »

Its a syndrome that should only affect these creatures, not the worker. So... guess r4 needs some more work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2013, 01:51:12 pm »

What happened to the in-game labor manager from the unit list? "ul" used to bring it up. I can't find it in the dfhack guide.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »

I created a fork with the Merchant coin stack corrects, not sure if I did a pull request properly in order to get it into the 'master'.

Fixed coin stacks to be in groups of 500.
Fixed Blackpowder/dynamite swap
Fixed Sell megabeast soul for 5000 sovereigns so that it is 10000 instead, since that his how much it produced (seemed appropriate amount)

I did a second commit on my fork with the same changes to orc since I forgot them in my first.  Not sure if they are also covered in my pull request which I did before the orc fixes.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:33 pm »

Replying from work, so apologies for the short responses.

Its a syndrome that should only affect these creatures, not the worker. So... guess r4 needs some more work.

Autosyndrome in DFHack r4 only affects the worker by default. Anything which targets non-workers needs special tags to indicate this.  This is essentially the reverse of how things were in r3.

I've raised an issue for tracking this. The fix shouldn't be particularly hard; just looking up what the tag needs to be, and adding it to all the reactions.

Quote from: There Is No Vic
What happened to the in-game labor manager from the unit list? "ul" used to bring it up. I can't find it in the dfhack guide.

That's a great question. DFHack r4 requires that anything that changes GUIs to be explicitly enabled (either on the DFHack console or in its config file), so it could be something as easy as needing to enable a plug-in. I've opened an issue to track this, too.

Quote from: Billy Jack
I created a fork with the Merchant coin stack corrects, not sure if I did a pull request properly in order to get it into the 'master'.

I adore you! The pull request was perfect, and the way in which pull requests work is they track to the end of the branch you made them on, so the second commit came through fine. :)  Thank you so much, this has been merged into master and distributed to all the relevant branches.

Many thanks again, everyone!

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2013, 01:42:01 am »

I've fixed a bunch of DFHack r3 autosyndrome commands with incorrect slashes. However I'm not really sure how the make_legendary script is supposed to work from some of the inorganic_zmasterwork_2 autosyndromes. It appears the make_legendary script expects to have a unit selected under the cursor, however the relevant BLOWGUN_L1 and related reactions don't select a unit, instead they pass in the unit location (twice!) before calling the command. Is that some DFHack magic that treats a unit as if it were selected via the GUI? (If so, that's super-cool!)

Having said that, it looks like these reactions aren't actually used anywhere, so it may be that they're completely vestigial and can be removed. I should probably update my linter to spot unused inorganics (and inorganics which are referenced by not defined).

In any case, armoring wolves, cougars and unicorns should now be more correct under DFHack r3 branches.  r4 updates for armoring and alchemy coming soon.

~ T

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2013, 01:51:03 am »

The Researchers study has "Conduct research in the field of Air Pressure (I)" available but it doesn't go beyond level I.  It also looks like nothing would use the final science report anyways (ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_SIREN_DISCOVERY).
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2013, 02:01:55 am »

The Researchers study has "Conduct research in the field of Air Pressure (I)" available but it doesn't go beyond level I.  It also looks like nothing would use the final science report anyways (ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH_SIREN_DISCOVERY).
Correct, I disabled this, because I removed the Alarm Siren. The reaction for the alarm is now included in the Garrison, for free.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2013, 02:54:22 am »

Correct, I disabled this, because I removed the Alarm Siren. The reaction for the alarm is now included in the Garrison, for free.

Are you cool with us removing the relevant entries from the raws, then? That'll avoid folks like Billy Jack and myself scratching our heads over how a reaction is used, only to discover that it's not. ;) The original entries will still be in the revision history, so we can always check-out an older version of the raws if we need to refer to them for some reason.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2013, 02:55:59 am »

In other news, I've just added \ALLOW_NONWORKER_TARGETS tags to everything in DFHack4 which previously had \ALLOW_MULTIPLE_TARGETS tags. In theory that should get everything working that was working in r3. However there's a few things to note:

* In some cases, we may not want the \ALLOW_MULTIPLE_TARGETS tags anymore. DFHack r4 autosyndrome allows us to reliably apply a syndrome to a single creature, meaning we can armour a single animal, or transform a single changeling, rather than everything which is in the workshop. (Being able to armour your hundred dogs with a single reaction felt like an exploit.)

* In some cases, I'm not sure that the reactions will actually work at all. For example:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:GOLEM_SPAWN_SPIRIT_S] produced in transmutation
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Activate golem]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Activate golem]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:Activate golem]
   [SYNDROME] [SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND] autosyndrome command begins here
   [SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION] [SYN_CLASS:\ALLOW_MULTIPLE_TARGETS][SYN_CLASS:\ALLOW_NONWORKER_TARGETS]
   [SYN_CLASS:\REACTION_INDEX] [SYN_NAME:animation]
         [SYN_CONTACT][SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:GOLEM_TRADE:MALE_SWORD]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
         [CE:CREATURE:GOLEM_TRADE_ACTIVE:MALE_SWORD]

This is a \COMMAND, so according to the docs, anything after the \COMMAND tag are treated as command names or special arguments, so \LOCATION, \ALLOW_MULTIPLE_TARGETS, \ALLOW_NONWORKER_TARGETS, and \REACTION_INDEX would all be treated as either command names (which won't exist) or as special arguments (which will be passed to a command which doesn't exist).

I'm assuming all this really wants (in both DFHack r3 and r4) is the CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION code, and not the \COMMAND code at all. In the case of these permanent transforms (START:0, but no end) then in DFHack r4 we may wish to consider True Transformations, but we can likely do that as a separate step. The new r4-flavoured reaction would look like:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:GOLEM_SPAWN_SPIRIT_S]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:Activate golem]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Activate golem]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:Activate golem]
   [SYNDROME] [SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME]
   [SYN_CLASS:\ALLOW_NONWORKER_TARGETS]
   [SYN_NAME:animation]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:GOLEM_TRADE:MALE_SWORD]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
         [CE:CREATURE:GOLEM_TRADE_ACTIVE:MALE_SWORD]

If you're reading this and have any knowledge of how the transforms are supposed to work (Meph, Putnam, Billy Jack, you?), then I'd love feedback on my assessment. Removing \COMMAND components from CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION reactions is probably something I can automated, but I don't want to change all the DFHack r4 flavoured raws without someone double-checking this is a good idea.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2013, 04:05:02 am »

Also a short note that the long list of missing reactions has been updated to include filenames. This list has two parts, reactions which are defined in entity files but do not appear in the raws (these are bugs, because the game will never find them), and reactions which are defined in the raws, but not used by any entities (these may represent bugs and typos, old reactions which can be removed, or partially implemented features).

If anyone wants easy bugs to go squish, I'm hoping this list will be a good starting point. :)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2013, 02:35:23 pm »

Your golem reaction looks fine. It doesnt require true-transform, because it only transforms the creature once. I only use truetransform for things like castes. It looks fine, but of course I havent tested anything with r4 yet.  ^^

The pet armor should look the same.

These is everything that uses dfhack in reactions, I just want to make sure that all work. Could you please mark the ones that you know and have tested?
 - Stables:
 - Golem from Dwarf:
 - Golem activation:
 - Golem Training:
 - Turret Training:
 - Turret/Landmine Spawning:
 - Colosseum:
 - Guardian of Armok:
 - Temple reactions (slayrace):
 - Red Marker in Archeologist:
 - Pet Armoring:
 - Pet Training:
 - Megabeast Spawning:
 - Combat Training from Megabeast Soul:
 - Training from Libraries:
 - Mages:
 - Misc Magic reaction, like weather:
 - FB spawning:
 - Demon spawning:
 - Pet spawning from trader:
 - Town Portal:
 - Alchemist Water/Magma Spawning:
 - Music:
 - Speeches:
 - Guild:
 - Military Groups:

Anything I forgot?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2013, 05:41:47 pm »

Your golem reaction looks fine. It doesnt require true-transform, because it only transforms the creature once. I only use truetransform for things like castes. It looks fine, but of course I havent tested anything with r4 yet.  ^^

Sweet! I just noticed that True Transform was in r3 as well. That makes me feel much better about the conversion.

These is everything that uses dfhack in reactions, I just want to make sure that all work. Could you please mark the ones that you know and have tested?

Rejoice! For I have transformed this into a ticky list, which heralds the approaching of a new age of glory!

Having said that, I haven't actually fired up DF in weeks, but I *did* hand-test stables, and there seems to be a general consensus that guild transforms are working. :)

I'm currently trying to crush my work To-Do list, but if I get that under control I'll write up a Call For Testers, since I'm sure many of our amazing players have already tried many of these reactions, or will just be generally eager to help out with development efforts :)  (Having said that, feel free to beat me to doing anything I say that I intend to do...)

~ T

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2013, 04:53:30 pm »

Just downloaded the "The 'unified' branch (recommended)" and generated a world. Maybe I've missed something but for some reason there's no goblins. I activated them in the settings (they were deactivated by default).
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2013, 12:06:04 am »

Just downloaded the "The 'unified' branch (recommended)" and generated a world. Maybe I've missed something but for some reason there's no goblins. I activated them in the settings (they were deactivated by default).

Oh my. Goblins should definitely be *on* by default! I've fixed that in all the branches now. Thank you so much for spotting that! <3

If you generated a world without goblins, then changing the settings won't add them into your existing world, you'll have to generate a new one.

If you changed the settings *before* generating a world, then you should have goblins, although one can (rarely) have them die out during world gen. You can try generating another world to see if they exist. (If they don't, we may have bigger issues...)

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39