Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 70282 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release
« Reply #570 on: June 03, 2014, 04:55:39 pm »

*cough*Mephpromisedtousegithub*cough*
I AM. I made a github. thingy. And then I realized after a while, that Git is an actual program that needs to be downloaded and installed... *beh. Downloaded and installed it anyway, but then it had to audacity to ask for a reboot. I havent rebooted my PC since... I dont know, the week I have been here? So I never had the opportunity to try it out.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #571 on: June 03, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Are you going to do that in your repo? I might just start over in mine, once the rapid releases stop. (Not that I want them to, keep it up, Meph. Though now that I think of it, it would be nice to get to keep a fort once in a while..)
yeah i might (not manually merge, just restart) for this 5.x release, as you said, once the major raw restructuring is done. it's just going to be very hard to do a comparison with the massive changes, file splitting etc. happening.

*cough*Mephpromisedtousegithub*cough*
I AM. I made a github. thingy. And then I realized after a while, that Git is an actual program that needs to be downloaded and installed... *beh. Downloaded and installed it anyway, but then it had to audacity to ask for a reboot. I havent rebooted my PC since... I dont know, the week I have been here? So I never had the opportunity to try it out.
haha yeah i know, i'm just harassing you so you can make all our lives easier you know :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #572 on: June 03, 2014, 05:10:41 pm »

With how fast I am doing updates atm, all you need to do is post the raw changes, and I add them in 24-48h anyway. :P

But yeah, I promise I will read into Github some more, but all my time atm is in the cleanup/merging of raws.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 04, 2014, 12:08:34 pm »

But yeah, I promise I will read into Github some more, but all my time atm is in the cleanup/merging of raws.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1) dl GitHub

2) Hit 'Fork' on the Studded with Patches GitHub page, or just create a new project altogether and upload version 5.03

3) There will now be a version of masterwork df in Documents/GitHub/. make all of your changes to that one instead. When you've gotten it where it doesn't crash no more, hit 'commit' to make it public. Write a small change log.

4) People will want to help you clean up. They will do this by taking the project and making their own commits, and asking you to insert them into your project as if you wrote them. These are 'pull requests'. You can accept them or reject them. If you reject them it would be constructive to give a general reason why.

That's it. really, it is.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:06:53 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]