Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 69648 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »

i meant an r3 of unified.

Unified = 4e + master changes + harmonised raws + nerfed diseases + DFHack r4.

The links I posted are exactly the same, but without DFHack r4. So it really is is DFHack r3 version of unified.  ;)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2013, 05:32:25 am »

Does the r4 version work completely now?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2013, 08:36:15 am »

i know showunitsyndromes doesnt

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2013, 03:32:51 pm »

i mentioned a couole posts back i have nobidea how im to read/apply that. i see a lot of unk_6s referencng dff name changes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2013, 03:49:33 pm »

i mentioned a couole posts back i have nobidea how im to read/apply that. i see a lot of unk_6s referencng dff name changes

1. ctrl+f unk name on that page I linked
2. replace it with thing it was replaced with

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »

unk_6c is changed to chance, multiplier, AND tile!... which one is it?

unk_70 has the same problem. its changed to chance, AND color.  whice one is it?

hemce i dont know how to read that doc. it apears those unk names mean diff things at diff lines of the code.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »

It does. You need to check the class type, too.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2013, 07:22:14 pm »

i dont know how to do that. i know what a class is but i  still wouldnt know what im sposed to change the unk too refrencing classes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »

Actually, what exactly does showunitsyndrome do with those unk values?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »

I'm in the middle of one of my busiest work periods of the year, so I'm going from memory on all this.

Does the r4 version work completely now?

It appears that the core masterwork functionality is working, including autosyndromes (eg: guilds, stables, etc), itemsyndromes, the library system, and the like. Given how many times I've see reports of r3 guild transformations failing, I think r4 may even be more reliable on core functionality.

I don't have stonesense and rendermax compiles for r4. So they don't work at all. But for typical masterwork players who don't live in the DFHack console, everything should be working.

Some supplemental scripts, such as showunitsyndromes, are not yet working. Usually this is because of API changes in DFHack. So DFHack power-users may still hit the occasional bug. Unfortunately I've got almost full-time insanity for at least another week, so I won't have a chance to go bugfixing as much as I would like.

R4 does give us a *much* nicer autosyndrome, and much improved functionality in general. It didn't take me long at all to implement code to allow chance autosyndrome events (eg, an autosydrome command of `random 25 force megabeast`to have a 25% risk of megabeast attack). However I haven't fully checked out all the things which r4 gives us.

Most importantly, we've managed to work through all the major teething problems, which you definitely don't want in an official release of Masterwork. :)

I'm hoping to start a R4 Orc Fortress game on the boards for everyone to follow along with (in a similar vein to Cursecoppers), but I need to get past my work insanity first.

~ T

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »

Actually... I think that Drow might be almost there.

It's r4, sure, but we've updated to r4. All I need are some good things you can get out of sacrificin' shit.

And that won't take me long at all.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2013, 11:10:47 pm »

i changed unk_25c and unk_e4 to their respective change s(btw, unk_e4 is only used in commented code...)

and I still get errors

before

and after

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I started comparing line to lines, but I'm stuck on line 353 which isn't even referencing a unk entry, or an entry changed... it's referencing an old entry...

here's line 353 context, issue is with verb
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2013, 02:37:42 am »

Ok, when I am back home I will test and work on r4 from then on.

Edit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_dqtirMCJvtY0J6Y0w5ZEoxZWc/edit?usp=sharing

Here is a Stonesense version for r4. It shows one error message when it starts up, but works all the same. Japa compiled it for this :) I also wrote warmist about Rendermax, lets wait and see what he says. Besides that only a few non-essential scripts seem to be broken, which is not a problem. I will try all the mod features once I am back, and if everything looks good, do a R4 release. Thanks for the groundwork and the raw changes :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:37:18 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2013, 07:29:09 am »

Here is a Stonesense version for r4. It shows one error message when it starts up, but works all the same. Japa compiled it for this :) I also wrote warmist about Rendermax, lets wait and see what he says. Besides that only a few non-essential scripts seem to be broken, which is not a problem. I will try all the mod features once I am back, and if everything looks good, do a R4 release. Thanks for the groundwork and the raw changes :)

Added to the dfhack_r4 branch, tested, and merged into unified. Thank you very much!

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39