Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 70546 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »

here's something I proposed to Splinterz (and Meph a while back).

An option to alter the startdwarf count as well as embark points count on the front gui.

I pretty much have 75% of it figured out.

I think it would be a great idea.  I always start with higher than normal # of dwarfs/embark points to "quickstart" myself into play

this script would be autorun (i.e. dfhack.init).  I just don't know how to tell it to listen until this condition is true.

local vs = dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen()
if df.viewscreen_choose_start_sitest:is_instance(vs) then
   print("Can apply points & startdwarf")
   else
   print("Nope!")
end

now I just have to figure out how to call a script within a lua script and read variables from a text file.

But now a player could specify in the gui the starting embark points and startdwarf number

I'll update my progress

Update:
a script is just going to run/close as soon as it's ran.  if I want it to listen for an event... then i'm probably going to have to build a plugin

eventhandler could do it.  But i've never actually programmed one of those except for in class... I guess it would be easier with dfhack, but if the event handler isn't defined...

update:
For anyone else who wants to try this out jj from dfhack said
"<jj``> when you're on a screen, type 'rb_eval p df.curview._rtti_classname' to show the name"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:49:17 pm by thistleknot »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2013, 08:40:46 pm »

Well, the naive way would be to have a timeout loop that does that code there every frame.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2013, 02:19:28 am »

I had that idea a long time ago. I did write someone for a little popup/ingame ui for it...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:05 am »

I've merged my raw harmonisation efforts into master, since they're both stable and they fix dozens of bugs.

There are still discrepancies between the masterwork tilesets and everything else, but there are now many less than discrepancies than there were previously.

~ T

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2013, 06:33:20 am »

I had that idea a long time ago. I did write someone for a little popup/ingame ui for it...

i remember you asking about popups.  i wasnt sure what their response was.  maybe ill try and give it a shot when im on vaca.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2013, 08:07:12 am »

GOLBINS are less frequent, and other typos have been removed from the raws. However a question still remains regarding the correct treatment of goats (see link for details).

Thanks to splinterz for the spot.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2013, 09:53:01 am »

Meph (or anyone else with experience), splinterz and I need a little bit of advice fixing goats and elves. In particular, there seems to be a missing tissue layer in goats, and we're wondering if we can just add it back in, or if it's actually gone for a purpose.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »

Why, whats the problem with goats? And Elves? If there is a tissue problem, the errorlog should show it... otherwise, just embark with some goats, butcher and shear them, see if all things work. If everything is ok, I dont see a problem.

Edt: And what exactly is ''Manual harmonisation'' ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2013, 05:40:23 pm »

Windows, 7e, unified branch

World Gen Tab: Changing embark points and ending year for ALL before starting DF does not alter these settings in-game

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2013, 06:31:56 pm »

Why, whats the problem with goats? And Elves? If there is a tissue problem, the errorlog should show it... otherwise, just embark with some goats, butcher and shear them, see if all things work. If everything is ok, I dont see a problem.

The whole ticket with goats and elves is in this ticket. In my previous post I tried to link to the most relevant part of the thread. But in summary:

* Elves and Evil Elves will never siege, because their PROGRESS_TRIGGER_*_SIEGE variables are set to zero. Is this intended behaviour?
* Goats produce errors in their whiskers, which we've traced down to a missing tissue layer ( [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS:BOTTOM] ). Was the tissue layer removed on purpose?

Edt: And what exactly is ''Manual harmonisation'' ?

It's where I've manually fixed discrepancies in the tilesets, rather than having one of my tools do it for me. All the 'harmonisation' changes are where I've found non-display differences between the masterwork and non-masterwork tilesets (missing caste tags, differing population frequencies, missing or extraneous entities, etc etc), and I've changed things to work the same way as the masterwork tilesets.

There are still lots of non-display differences between the masterwork and non-masterwork tilesets, but we've made a really decent headway in rectifying many of them.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2013, 04:04:07 am »

Ok, thanks for the exlanation.

Whiskers have not been removed for a reason, and elves do siege... the game just has to fullfill one of the three triggers to activate sieges; even if one is set to 0, the others will work.

Oh, another bug that surprises me (I saw two mentionings of it in succession forts): Goblin ambushes arrived on Voracious Cave crawlers that are opposed to life. o.O
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:30:29 am by Meph »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2013, 06:08:05 am »

Whiskers have not been removed for a reason, and elves do siege... the game just has to fullfill one of the three triggers to activate sieges; even if one is set to 0, the others will work.

Awesome. I'll add the whiskery bits back in. I haven't had a chance to inspect the elves triggers myself, but I'll double-check at least one is non-zero. :)

Oh, another bug that surprises me (I saw two mentionings of it in succession forts): Goblin ambushes arrived on Voracious Cave crawlers that are opposed to life. o.O

I have no idea what's causing this. I certainly don't remember touching them, and in my 4c Orc Fort I've had dwarven invaders turn up with cave crawlers who were just fine. I'll pop it on my tracker just in case, though.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2013, 06:32:47 am »

Maybe its from the arena/colosseum-versions. I had to copy some creatures and make them crazed or opposed to life automatically, so they turn up as hostiles when you spawn them in the fighting workshops. Maybe the goblins somehow have access to them in worldgen and bring them as warbeasts, instead of the normal version. Its the only thing I can think of.

And for the elves: Just add a 2 on all the missing numbers. Splinterz is working on something to affect these numbers with the GUI anyway. In future people should be able to choose if they want to have caravans and invasions early or late, and they can select that on each race individually.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2013, 06:42:05 am »

Not sure if this is really a bug specific to Unified, but the greenware/leather-hard/bone-hard fake tools made from Kaolinite seem to come out weighing 25k. I haven't made any Fire-clay or normal clay ones, so not sure if they do as well.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2013, 08:32:45 pm »

Not sure if this is really a bug specific to Unified, but the greenware/leather-hard/bone-hard fake tools made from Kaolinite seem to come out weighing 25k. I haven't made any Fire-clay or normal clay ones, so not sure if they do as well.

I don't think I've done anything with clay at all, so I'm guessing this exists in regular Masterwork as well. However I've added it to my list of known issues.

~ T
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39