Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39

Author Topic: «*MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches*» - Unofficial release  (Read 69660 times)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
Re: «☼MASTERWORK-DF - Studded With Patches☼» - Unofficial release
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2013, 08:50:01 pm »

Hey, I just put the changes-only SWP on top of a clean install of 4e, and every time I start up DF, it spits an error entitled "Dwarf Fortress.exe - Entry Point Not Found" at me, saying that:

The procedure entry point
*crunch*
could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll

Is this something I should worry about? Normally I would just play and not worry if it crashes, but this is for the my next LP fortress, so I want things to be stable.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »

Hey, I just put the changes-only SWP on top of a clean install of 4e, and every time I start up DF, it spits an error entitled "Dwarf Fortress.exe - Entry Point Not Found" at me, saying that:

*crunch*

Is this something I should worry about? Normally I would just play and not worry if it crashes, but this is for the my next LP fortress, so I want things to be stable.

Drat. The changes-only files are automatically generated, and unfortunately there's no way in a zipfile to stay that something should be removed from an existing directory tree. If you're using the unified changes, it could be that an old dfhack binary file is floating around and causing pain. I could potentially get the zipfile to contain zero-length files for things which should be removed, and that might work as far as DFHack is concerned.

If this is happening with the master (not unified) changes file, then I need to do some more digging. That shouldn't contain any binary changes to DFHack, and so we shouldn't see any sort of .dll errors.

The full downloads are about 77 MB in size, and github is pretty speedy, so for now I'd recommend downloading a full copy rather than just the changes zip.

If you super care about stability, then the master download is the way to go, since it only contains conservative changes. Unified has DFHack r4 (which may still have a few bugs lurking), and the nerfed diseases changes from thistleknot (which appear to be working, but I haven't had a chance to wrap my head around them all). I think we've got all the bugs in those ironed out, and people are reporting less problems with DFHack r4 guild transforms than with r3, but if you're super-paranoid then master is an easy "Masterwork + bugfixes" download. :)

In any case, I'm hugely looking forward to your next LP!

~ T

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2013, 09:15:50 pm »

*crunch*

Drat. The changes-only files are automatically generated, and unfortunately there's no way in a zipfile to stay that something should be removed from an existing directory tree. If you're using the unified changes, it could be that an old dfhack binary file is floating around and causing pain. I could potentially get the zipfile to contain zero-length files for things which should be removed, and that might work as far as DFHack is concerned.

If this is happening with the master (not unified) changes file, then I need to do some more digging. That shouldn't contain any binary changes to DFHack, and so we shouldn't see any sort of .dll errors.

The full downloads are about 77 MB in size, and github is pretty speedy, so for now I'd recommend downloading a full copy rather than just the changes zip.

If you super care about stability, then the master download is the way to go, since it only contains conservative changes. Unified has DFHack r4 (which may still have a few bugs lurking), and the nerfed diseases changes from thistleknot (which appear to be working, but I haven't had a chance to wrap my head around them all). I think we've got all the bugs in those ironed out, and people are reporting less problems with DFHack r4 guild transforms than with r3, but if you're super-paranoid then master is an easy "Masterwork + bugfixes" download. :)

In any case, I'm hugely looking forward to your next LP!

~ T

I was going to use the full version, but there's a problem there too...I was going to do the next Fortress with Rendermax for the pretty-pretty screenies, but Rendermax isn't in the full version of SWP. The world of plugins and dfhack is a closed ledger to me, so I was hoping I could just drop SWP on top of 4e and not have to worry about it. Is rendermax something that can easily be dropped in? Sorry for the noobly questions, but I would rather sort out these questions now than in mid-fortress.

And thanks for the enthusiasm! You are the wind beneath my wings :P
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2013, 09:57:59 pm »

I was going to use the full version, but there's a problem there too...I was going to do the next Fortress with Rendermax for the pretty-pretty screenies, but Rendermax isn't in the full version of SWP. The world of plugins and dfhack is a closed ledger to me, so I was hoping I could just drop SWP on top of 4e and not have to worry about it. Is rendermax something that can easily be dropped in? Sorry for the noobly questions, but I would rather sort out these questions now than in mid-fortress.

If you're using rendermax, you can't use unified, since I don't yet have a compiled rendermax for r4.

You should be absolutely fine with master, and the patches zip *should* work just fine from the master branch. If you're still getting errors with a freshly unpacked 4e with a freshly unpacked master changes-only over the top, then I'm really really interested in hearing about it.

And thanks for the enthusiasm! You are the wind beneath my wings :P

You are so welcome! Your LPs rock. :)

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2013, 07:12:41 am »

Currently working on integrating Splinterz' new GUI tool, which looks grand. But in the meantime I've fixed some missing brackets on INVERTED_TILE tags. I'm assuming these were left out by accident, since they're present in all the tilesets except for the masterwork ones.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2013, 08:00:06 am »

I'm delighted to say that all branches have been updated with a new release of splinterz' configuration tool. This allows for great configuration of individual world races, bugfixes, and better worldgen.

If you find that it runs a little slow with the default theme, then pick the 'Blue' theme from the toolbar acrosss the top.

Enjoy!

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2013, 09:02:33 am »

Medicine production has been rebalanced. Previously there was little reason to make anything other than medicine, since the reaction was comparable to the distillery/brewery in efficiency, and was a cheap way of training diagnosis to boot. With this patch it now produces about half as much medicine, meaning one has to actually choose between producing booze or meds.

Those playing on unified should be seeing less disease from thistleknot's changes. Feedback on anyone who's had a chance to play with these (any unified release from about the 5th December onwards) is deeply appreciated, but I'm hoping these changes make disease more balanced overall.

~ T

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2013, 11:09:24 pm »

Oh hey, I know you like bugs, so I wrote some code to find more of them. :)

Here are all the reactions which are permitteed in the entity files, but aren't actually defined anywhere. These are almost certainly bugs, and we should either define these reactions, or remove reference to them in the raws. Some of these are in the non-playable entity files, but many of them affect actual playable races:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would love help in cleaning these up, so if you feel like assisting, feel free to fork studded with patches, make your changes, and push those commits to github. For those new to git there's a short tutorial on github to get you started.

~ T

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2013, 04:49:42 am »

This is a very cool Perl script, I should say. Automation of detecting permitted and undefined reactions is really impressive and can help much, I think.

Thank you for your contribution McTeellox. You do much to make MasterWork better fixing bugs and improving its balance - the aspects that I always considered to be of the most importance.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »

Dec 14th unified, Windows 7.

- Still getting flickering controls when changing tabs. Not sure if this was supposed to be fixed.
- 20 seconds to change to blue theme, 52 seconds to change back to default.
- I like the new Civilizations tab. Very useful to be able to change caravans and invasions, and know when I'm likely to get wiped out.
- Materials column not working.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Edit:

- Genned a new Island Region. Fatal Error: Missing Inorganic Gloss: MORION. DF crashes.

Edit 2:

- second islands region genned fine.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:21:14 pm by There Is No Vic »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2013, 06:41:03 pm »

Came across a few possible bugs with Dwarves that are turned into Golems. Not sure if they are because of DFhack r4 or not, as this is the first time I've tried to use them.

The two I made can be trained at the Magma Golem Forge just fine, but almost immediately have their skills change to Very Rusty and degrade to nothing.

The weapon training reaction also trained the wrong weapon skill, at least on the one I tried to train up. It was a Speargolem, but the reaction was training the Sword skill.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2013, 06:49:00 pm »

The weapon training reaction should train all three skills, sword, spear and hammer. The skill rust I can change in the creature file itsel, set it to 0, which means it will never rust.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2013, 07:48:37 pm »

After messing around with the two I had made a little more it seems only one of them was doing the weird super rusting. The other seems to have trained up and stayed, so not sure why the other was being weird.

I would try to train it a bit more, but it just got absolutely shredded by a beakless bird FB. It broke half of it's limbs, drained its oil, and then shook it around by the eye until it died.

All while the second, which had kept the training, stood at it's station about 10 tiles away watching the bolts fly over it's head.

I'll try the weapon training again and see if it does more than just Sword now that it has dabbling in Spear though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2013, 05:26:12 am »

Update living rock reactions bug => Commented on it, its a wrong report.

Ghosts can spread diseases => Commented on it, its a bug Toady has to fix, nothing modders can do a about it. All ghosts can cast interactions.

A philosophical question: What would happen if a ghost lifemancer appears next to a lifemancer corpse? Because he can resurrect himself... :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 05:38:36 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2013, 02:32:05 pm »

Dec 14th unified, Windows 7.

- Still getting flickering controls when changing tabs. Not sure if this was supposed to be fixed.
- 20 seconds to change to blue theme, 52 seconds to change back to default.
- I like the new Civilizations tab. Very useful to be able to change caravans and invasions, and know when I'm likely to get wiped out.
- Materials column not working.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Edit:

- Genned a new Island Region. Fatal Error: Missing Inorganic Gloss: MORION. DF crashes.

Edit 2:

- second islands region genned fine.
Are you getting flickering on all tabs? The materials are disabled intentionally for now. Theme changes are much worse now with the decision to go with a grid for the civ tab so it will probably have to be changed to apply on restart if its that slow.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 39