Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: General Doctor Who Thread: JESUS CHRIST 50TH ANNIVERSARY HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS  (Read 9807 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

Well, since the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who is coming, I decided we needed a thread. I don't CARE if other people don't watch it, I NEED A THREAD.

So, let us discuss... The 50th anniversary episode. (JESUS CHRIST OHMYGOD SO AWESOME).
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Can't talk. Too busy hyping.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

We've been going back and watching all of the old Dr. Who. Looks like we might actually make it through everything before the 50th special!

The evolution of the show over the years is pretty fascinating.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I'd like to post here, but spoilers. ((Not that I'm behind on the series, but still...))

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

I'm going through everything from the 9th Doctor and on, even though I've watched it all a million times already. I like how they're getting back in touch with the old show, piece by piece.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

How good or bad is the old show exactly?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it ran for 26 seasons, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

How good or bad is the old show exactly?

Overall, quite good. Although there is the caveat that you have to keep in mind when each Serial was made. The pacing of the 60's episodes is much, much slower than more modern episodes.

The stuff from the 1st and 2nd doctor are sometimes a bit hit and miss, but in general they're enjoyable. Things improve a bit as you get into the 3rd doctor and onwards, as the writers get a bit better.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

SHAMELESS BUMP: The BBC just released a 6 minute mini-episode, starring
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badass.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohh man ohh man! SOO CLOSE TO THE END if this isn't just flat out the end of Dr. Who.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

They've already cast the 12th Doctor. I highly doubt they'd end it already.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

There was an old episode that said the Doctor's 13th regeneration would be his last (and that one would also be evil).  I hope they actually stick to that because it would be a good endpoint.

I really liked the first couple of series of the reboot but they seem to have seriously run out of ideas.  It really all just feels kindof samey by now and the last two finales weren't too great.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile

I'm honestly guessing brilliant performances and writing, right up to the downright Shyamalan-esque 'WHAT A TWEEST' moment to keep the series from dying. Moffat's been doing that over and over, and honestly, it's getting rather asinine.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They've already cast the 12th Doctor. I highly doubt they'd end it already.

Yeah but we don't know if he will keep his 12th form.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

The mini-episode has redeemed Moffat to an extent in my mind. I just hope this form continues.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10