Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: General Doctor Who Thread: JESUS CHRIST 50TH ANNIVERSARY HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS  (Read 9808 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mini-episode has redeemed Moffat to an extent in my mind. I just hope this form continues.

Is he 9th doctor? the guy who said he would never be in another episode of Dr. Who again because he honestly only became the doctor because he thought he was joining a failing show?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

Nope, the current writer who has caused incredible controversy by being awful (In my and many others opinions)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

YMMV.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the 9th doctor's actor still being a baby about hating the show?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Quite a few people do like him you know(Moffat). Got quite a few awards though. Problem is that he generally focusses on scary/action episodes, which are not always liked.

Link(Spoilers)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Also, I prefer his subtext to RTD's text.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

He wrote some very good episodes (I mean, he did The Empty Child and Blink) but I'm not convinced on his abilities as a showrunner.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He wrote some very good episodes (I mean, he did The Empty Child and Blink) but I'm not convinced on his abilities as a showrunner.

Yeah but even then... Blink did lead to the really terrible angel episode that I am sure everyone loved but I hated.

Though I doubt he also wrote that... and if he did, then yeah that was pretty bad. (once again I am sure everyone loved that episode... but I disliked it because it ENTIRELY destroys what the weeping angels were just to make them the villains of that episode)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

I have to agree with this. He managed to be terrifying until he became head writer. then suddenly he just became very..... meh.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to agree with this. He managed to be terrifying until he became head writer. then suddenly he just became very..... meh.

It would be what I guess I'd call: Great Highs but low average

Which makes him an excellent occasional writer, but not one who gets a lot of work.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

The other episodes with angels were bad because they ruined what made the angels a good monster, yeah.  That doesn't stop the original episode being good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The other episodes with angels were bad because they ruined what made the angels a good monster, yeah.  That doesn't stop the original episode being good.

OHH thank goodness... I was worried people liked the other Angel episodes.

Also yeah the original episode was excellent and was EXACTLY the reason why the later ones were bad.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Any more specifics on why he's so bad, you're staying very vague.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like some of Moffat's writing but I feel that as of late his shows have been more about drama and action than high-level timey wimey mind-blowing psychologically terrifyingness.

As well, he seems to be really revealing the doctor, lining up super-significant events one after another. The doctor is suddenly becoming much less of a mystery, which was one of the original great points of the show.

Tl;Dr. Moffat writes good action flicks but it's much more for-the-masses than the older shows and storylines.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Anyone concerned about the new lead actor should go and watch The Thick of It.  So should everyone else.

Ohh man ohh man! SOO CLOSE TO THE END if this isn't just flat out the end of Dr. Who.

Not gonna happen, for at least a few more years.  The Valeyard needs to crop up again before the end, and even then I'd be amazed if some kind of Xanatos Gambit or retcon didn't give the Doctor more regenerations.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10