Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: General Doctor Who Thread: JESUS CHRIST 50TH ANNIVERSARY HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS  (Read 9810 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Anyone concerned about the new lead actor should go and watch The Thick of It.  So should everyone else.

Ohh man ohh man! SOO CLOSE TO THE END if this isn't just flat out the end of Dr. Who.

Not gonna happen, for at least a few more years.  The Valeyard needs to crop up again before the end, and even then I'd be amazed if some kind of Xanatos Gambit or retcon didn't give the Doctor more regenerations.

It's already been established that there are ways for Time Lords to exist past their 12 regenerations. The Master did it after he ran out of regenerations during the 4th/5th Doctors era, and during The Five Doctors the Time Lords offered The Master a new (full?) set of regenerations if he would agree to help the Doctor.

So I'd be surprised if they didn't pull some trick out to keep the Doctor going.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long as the BBC is making money, the Doctor can and will regenerate. I won't complain.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Video has been deleted.

A map, of all timetravel thingies.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:04:06 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I saw it just 5 minutes before it was taken down. Now that's timing.

I'm gonna be watching the anniversary with friends at our school's auditorium. It's wonderful what buddying up to the relevant people can do.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Video has been deleted.

[urlhttp://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131119-doctor-who-travels-through-time]A map, of all timetravel thingies.[/url]

Rages at lack of access, due to being in the uk.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Video has been deleted.

[urlhttp://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131119-doctor-who-travels-through-time]A map, of all timetravel thingies.

Rages at lack of access, due to being in the uk.
https://mediahint.com/

Edit: Okay, that didn't work either. Not that I care, saw the vid already.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:06:21 pm by Darvi »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

It's already been established that there are ways for Time Lords to exist past their 12 regenerations. The Master did it after he ran out of regenerations during the 4th/5th Doctors era, and during The Five Doctors the Time Lords offered The Master a new (full?) set of regenerations if he would agree to help the Doctor.

So I'd be surprised if they didn't pull some trick out to keep the Doctor going.
Plus don't forget about whats-her-name, Jenny, from when he got cloned in The Doctor's Daughter. IIRC one of the actual reasons they had for doing that episode was so that it would be a potential way to continue if they run out of Doctors (or at least form into a spin-off/sequel). And would be way of sort-of answering the "why hasn't the doctor ever been a woman" question that pops up now and then.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'd be kind of amusing if she ended up becoming The Doctor. The actress is both the Daughter of Peter Davison (5th Doctor) and wife of David Tennant (10th Doctor).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will admit there is one person I always wanted to return to Dr. Who but is never going to...

His FIRST companion.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will admit there is one person I always wanted to return to Dr. Who but is never going to...

His FIRST companion.

Susan did show back up in The Five Doctors. Same actress, even, although the First Doctor had a different actor (since the original was dead). Oddly, she'd aged much better than some of the actors and actresses of later Doctors. They don't really touch on anything about her, though. She's just Susan, acting as the Companion for the First Doctor.

Obviously too late to really do much with her, but she is still alive, so it's possible to have an older Susan show up. It'd be fascinating to learn what happened to her after she left, though. Maybe The Doctor has some great grandchildren running around that the show could do something with.
Come play Mafia with us!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well she is a time lord so there is always a regeneration for a good plot twist.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Yeah, they did that with Romana iirc.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, they did that with Romana iirc.

Yeah. Although she just sort of...randomly decided to regenerate. (Her old actress wanted to leave the show). So she just started an episode trying on different looks until she settled on one. Romana was interesting.

I wonder if we'll see her again? She was in e-space instead of the normal universe last time we saw her, so they could conceivably bring her back whenever they wanted. It's not like she would necessarily have been involved in the Time War.
Come play Mafia with us!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Obviously too late to really do much with her, but she is still alive, so it's possible to have an older Susan show up. It'd be fascinating to learn what happened to her after she left, though. Maybe The Doctor has some great grandchildren running around that the show could do something with.
Personally I always assumed that Susan got killed off with the rest of the Time Lords during the Time War.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10