Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FEEL THE BURN! (Exercise thread)  (Read 1605 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: FEEL THE BURN! (Exercise thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 11:34:18 pm »

I mostly just do pushups and a lot of walking these days. In my new place I don't really have anywhere to do sit-ups or chin-ups, unfortunately.

Last night, though, I did buy a freakin' huge value pack of bottled water and lug it... oh, a few kilometres(?) back to my house. That was HARD. Arms aren't as sore today as I expected, but I barely made it back and I could barely get my backpack off. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:24 pm »

Did 40 incline pushups today. I know it's not much, but it's more than I've done in a while, and I'm sick.
You say that 40 isn't much.

I don't even know what an incline pushup is, but I could guarantee that I likely can't do one.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:04 pm »

Do bicep curls occasionally when my shoulders aren't feeling like they're gonna fall off. Usually at a fairly light weight to avoid aggravating my rotator cuff muscles :P

I also cycle between 10-30km a day, though I haven't this past week due to various crap. My record in one day without stopping cycling so far is 65km through city traffic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 09:44:58 am »

Did 40 incline pushups today. I know it's not much, but it's more than I've done in a while, and I'm sick.

I don't even know what an incline pushup is, but I could guarantee that I likely can't do one.

It's just a regular pushup, but you have your feet on a higher surface (couch, bed, chair etc.) so that more of your weight is on your arms. And just typing that made my arm hurt :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 11:57:28 am »

It's just a regular pushup, but you have your feet on a higher surface (couch, bed, chair etc.) so that more of your weight is on your arms. And just typing that made my arm hurt :P
Indeed. My feet were on the couch. If you're having trouble doing push ups, start with your hands above your feet. Kitchen counters and stable chairs work well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:21 am »

I've done full four out of six weeks of Weider Six, a while before my parents, who were training with me gave up on it, and after that I only managed to force myself to finish the fourth week before I lost motivation, but the effects are still there.

By the way, I cannot seem to do situps without unpleasantly rolling my lower back's part of spine on the floor as I lay back down, and resulting in my lower back feeling like it's on fire after I finish the exercise. WHAT DO?!

Are you doing them properly? Your back isn't supposed to touch the floor after the first one. Lower yourself to just above the floor before getting back up.
Also something soft underneath prevents your ass from going numb.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 2 [3]