Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity  (Read 19945 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Kalpa: A Game of Divinity
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:04:31 pm »

Turn 0: Creation

The Void is a turbulent ocean of chaotic nothingness broken only by the occasional island of creation, a universe. Stable and ordered, they offer a place for beings, both mortal and divine, to be born and die.

The universes themselves are not immortal or eternal, being birthed by the wills of the Void and its inhabitants and destroyed by their makers. And yet, despite the inevitability of this, the people of these pockets of peace continue on with their lives blissfully unaware of their impending doom. When their time comes, such universes are broken and destroyed, returned to the Void and born anew for yet another round, another kalpa.

Such is the fate of one universe, beginning once more. It is devoid of all matter and energy but already is home to its first inhabitants. Refugees or newly born, they would create the new world in their shape and image.

The universe is created. The Gods are born.

Code: [Select]
Psaras Dorit: 1 Major Act, 1 Act
Namq'ua: 1 Major Act, 1 Act
Teskort: 1 Major Act, 1 Act
Feros: 1 Major Act, 1 Act
Liram: 1 Major Act, 1 Act
Neyravah: 1 Major Act, 1 Act

OOC Thread
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:32:21 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kalpa: A Game of Divinity
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 11:04:55 pm »

Sheets

Spoiler: The Ancient (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ascendents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:50:49 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:05:30 pm »

Undah.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

La Carta.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:06:12 pm »

Reserve.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 11:07:35 pm »

((I see I wasn't the only guy to recycle a god.))

Neyravah looked at the five other beings sharing this void.

"Greetings. We are Neyravah. Might we ask what you are called?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:28 pm »

Psaras bowed a little, fishhooks jangling.
"Hello. I am Psaras Dorit."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 11:38:53 pm »

Teskort paces ontop the nothingness. He finds the nothingness disturbing. It is too simple for even his tastes. Still he doesn't want to be the first to make himself vulnerable by wasting his essence to fill the void.

He turns to the two headed creature when it addresses him. "I am Teskort. I would be the father of beasts, but there is no place here for beasts."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 11:42:43 pm »

Psaras considers the words of Teskort.
"Or mortals, or oceans, or fish or fishing... hmm. We can fix this though. We are, after all, the gods!""

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 11:47:12 pm »

"We are all in such straits, Teskort. I believe the six of us will need to form a world...and for this, we should cooperate."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 11:53:27 pm »

"Hmm. Well, I suppose we should all put forth what we would reside over, and what we want! Myself, I would be a god of fishing, and I would prefer an ocean upon this world, preferably a large one, with many islands, and fish. And mortal beings of intelligence. ...I know it's much to ask, but it's somewhere to start!"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 12:09:41 am »

Teskort stares blankly into nothing, and then nods at the fishing god. "Very well. My beasts can live in water or land. I will make water first out of respect for Psaras. May his fishers and my beasts fight many great battles there! Let it be known that in the begining, Teskort said LET THERE BE OCEAN!"

Teskort spends a major act defining the universe as water by default. Where there would be nothing, there shall be liquid water!

"Come my brother gods, fill this sea universe with pockets of land and sky on which beast and hunter can live!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:05 am »

Psaras claps, happily, and while his hooks would tangle around were he not a god, for one like him there was no difficulty in flicking the hooks apart.
"Now, allow me to return the favor!"
Psaras lets a few of the hooks defining his body to lengthen, and ties them together in a sort of shifting cat's cradle.
"Let there be island-globes for both fisher and beast to thrive upon! Globes of jungle, of shore!
Psaras spends a major act peppering the universe with globes, 5-35 miles in diameter. These span a variety of biomes, but the most major ones are lush jungles and shore and beach worlds, easily populated by men.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 12:28:02 am »

Namq'ua smirks at the other so-called gods. For now, he would need... bodies for his gift, or disease to grow on.
Namq'ua does nothing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 08:12:39 am »

"Well, we should all get started...don't you think, toad?"

Make sure that there is a globe of air around each of the globes.
Seed the globes with a wide variety of life, from insects and algae to drakes and redwoods.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17