Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 130188 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 42 - What is Life?
« Reply #1050 on: March 19, 2014, 03:11:10 pm »

Oh, wait, everyone's posted? For some reason I was convinced somebody hadn't.

Well, the general consensus appears to be "Lock selves into rooms with money like Scrooge McDuck".

Man, Thuun is gonna be PISSED when he can't get inside.

((Serves him right for forgetting how to knock and identify himself first.))
IMMA HUFF AND IMMA PUFF AND *Thuun summons tornado to blow the door down* :P

But seriously, I still have to spend an action to GET TO THE INN. Hopefully knocking and identifying myself comes in that as a package deal.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 19, 2014, 06:31:36 pm »

Oh, wait, everyone's posted? For some reason I was convinced somebody hadn't.

Well, the general consensus appears to be "Lock selves into rooms with money like Scrooge McDuck".

Man, Thuun is gonna be PISSED when he can't get inside.

((Serves him right for forgetting how to knock and identify himself first.))
IMMA HUFF AND IMMA PUFF AND *Thuun summons tornado to blow the door down* :P

But seriously, I still have to spend an action to GET TO THE INN. Hopefully knocking and identifying myself comes in that as a package deal.

I'll assume it does. And if everyone rolls a 1 on identifying you I'll assume you wish to defend yourself from the ensuing attacks.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 19, 2014, 06:38:33 pm »

...That would be hilarious. Incredibly unlikely, but hilarious.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 19, 2014, 07:20:35 pm »

...That would be hilarious. Incredibly unlikely, but hilarious.
Well since I can apparently spawn volcanoes at will....I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it if I was you :P

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 20, 2014, 07:47:49 am »

Because spawning a volcano in the middle of the most populated city in the country is certainly not going to have repercussions.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:08 am »

Because spawning a volcano in the middle of the most populated city in the country is certainly not going to have repercussions.

((Least of all any that would, say, immobilize or injure you and place you in a dangerous field of lava.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 20, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »

Hey, I was making a joke. A pretty relevant joke, because pretty much everytime I even TOUCH Earth magic somehow volcanoes.

Seriously, both times that volcanoes got involved, I wasn't trying to do that. The first I time was trying to have the ground come up like a mouth and eat those demon things, and with Baldurs sword I literally just meant TO WALK TO THE BLACKSMITH WITH HIM.

I think Volcanoes are stalking me.

Indeed, I do this.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 21, 2014, 12:03:29 am »

You have to admit, that would be some frickin sweet BBQ paties you could have there.

Mostly impromptu and with the smell of crispy human flesh, but whatever.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 23, 2014, 05:10:53 pm »

DAMN IT NICCOLO WHERE IS UPDATE?

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 26, 2014, 05:28:07 am »

Hi everybody!

So, I've been absolutely wiped at work. The bookshop I work at is busy gearing up for a move, so my last week has been filled with irate and demanding customers for our pre-move sale. And today was lots of boxes and filling with books.

HOWEVER! I now have time off. Soooo expect an update, probably within 24 hours.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 26, 2014, 08:59:10 am »

Hi everybody!
Hi, Dr. Niccolo!

HOWEVER! I now have time off. Soooo expect an update, probably within 24 hours.
That's good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 26, 2014, 10:19:50 am »

YAY! I was afraid this had died. I was much sads, so disappoint. Sorry bout your week.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 43 - The Glow
« Reply #1062 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:10 am »

Hi everybody! Again, sorry for the massive slackitude with regards to updating this game.

Anyway, let’s get this party started!

- Turn 43: The Glow -
The day has ended once more... The night approaches and the moon's three pieces rise steadily in the east.

Day 2: Evening

The general consensus appears to be "Lock selves into rooms with money like Scrooge McDuck".
Lyu, Felice, Ekoka and Baldur sit around a small table in the inn’s taproom. Lyu quietly and conspiriatorially informs his companions about the large amount of money he recently acquired. At first, the consensus leans towards finding the missing healer, who is almost undoubtedly up to some form of mischief involving volcanoes. The sudden influx of golden light an hour or so previously would seem to indicate that he has, in fact, already done so.

But then the group realise that they simply cannot leave ten thousand gold lying around in an unsecured inn room. Lyu suggests that the four of them barricade themselves in their rooms, make a big pile of the money and just sort of swim around in it. This idea is met with clear approval. Thuun can probably look after himself for one evening.

The four men head upstairs, glancing into every shadow as though a horde of thieves would materialise before their eyes. They finally reach the two hired rooms and Lyu splits up their gold, keeping Thuun’s two thousand for the moment. Following this, the four decide to get a good night’s rest, hoping to spend their well-earned gains on the morrow. One by one they fall into the land of slumber.

Thank seer for his help. Query about the bookcase thing. Get to inn if there's no priest lynch mob waiting outside.
“So… Uh… why are we barricaded into this room?” you ask the seer. “Are the priests superstitious about mages too?”

The seer raises his uncovered eyebrow. “Not… quite.” He glances up at the ceiling, although you get the feeling he’s looking beyond the timber roof of the room. “Your magic not only healed the stone but you also remade the temple dome. It’s still glowing, in fact. Apparently it can be seen from all of the city gates.” The seer drags the bookcase away from the door. “So, well, the city knows that there’s a mage in the temple now. Most of the priests are still terribly upset, but at least they’ve regained enough composure to keep the populace from rioting in the hallways. Still… Better safe than sorry.”

His covered eye glows momentarily before he waves you out of bed. “Now, you had best be off. Quickly. The hallways are clear, but not for long. The people’s anger and terror will peak soon, fear of the mage in the temple. Fear of you.” He sighs. “Gods, but I hate mobs.”

You hastily climb out of bed, noting that your arms and legs are swathed in crisp white linen. You’re still rather woozy from your blood loss and terribly exhausted, but promise of arson and murder upon your person gets you moving. You hurriedly dress and belt on your sword. “Thank you, seer. I hope I haven’t brought too much trouble down on the temple…” You clasp his hand. ”Stay well.”

And with that, you’re gone. As you exit the temple from a small side door, you’re stunned by how bright it is. Did you sleep until noon? You glance up at the temple roof. Once dented gold, it shines now with the fury of the sun. You whistle in amazement. You couldn’t have pulled that level of magic off by yourself, so that extra power must have come from somewhere.

Your amulet, a simple starburst, tingles. An impossible thought blooms within your mind. Could He… Could He live?

You find your way back to the inn, the glow of the temple’s dome still washing golden light over you. The door is barred, but a knock calls the innkeeper to let you in. “Come in, quickly!” he orders. “Mobs are out tonight. Some crazy mage lit up the temple. Prob’ly tryin’ to desecrate it or sommin’ after killing the Gods. Y’d best stay indoors, good sir.” You nod, not saying anything. Although you are mildly angry that he thinks you’re blaspheming and desecrating temples. A small part of you wants to immolate him right there; for a moment your tongue is that of a dragon, ancient words of fire’s true nature filling your mouth. But you clamp down on the urge and smile at the innkeeper.

”I’m really tired, so I’m going to heada to bed. Goodnight.”

The innkeeper coughs. “Good sir… You must pay today’s rent.” You grunt and hand him five gold coins before stumping up the stairs.

You find your door locked, so you knock. loudly. ”Hey, Felice! Baldur! It’s me, can I come in?”

You hear a whispered conversation. Finally, Baldur’s muffled voice comes through the thin wood. ”What did you do to the mayor?”

What? Mayor? You’re a little confused. There’s only one mayor he could be talking about, but what’s with the identity test? ”I turned him into a giant, green, rather-too-well-hung ragemonster. Why?”

”Good, it IS you. Get in here.” There’s a scrabbling sound as a heavy piece of furniture is dragged from the door. The door creaks open and one massive, hairy arm looms out of the darkness, grabs your collar and drags you in. The door slams shut behind you and the chest of drawers is replaced by Felice. ”Lyu got our money. Ten grand. Had to check, y’know. Don’t want to get it stolen!”

You chuckle. ”As long as he gives me my share in the morning, ‘s all good.” You collapse onto the bed, quickly falling asleep as your wounds drag you under…

The next day dawns bright and sunny, birds chirping happily. They're the first birds you've all heard in some time. Outside, there's no sign of any of the rioting. Strange. Maybe it just never got really bad? There's the distant rumble of wagons up and down the main street, carrying goods to the markets. People are chattering happily, there's even a bit of singing from buskers. There's a little tension in the air and disagreements become fistfights a little more often than usual, the only signs remaining of the high emotions from the night before.

The five of you make your way downstairs to the taproom, determined to get something to eat and to discuss your plans for the day...

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:38:00 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 27, 2014, 06:01:09 am »

"Good, you're here. What did you do?"

The next morning:
"Alright. We may need to leave, before things go...bad. Last night was a close enough call for my comfort."
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 27, 2014, 11:39:05 am »

Just so you know, GWG, I updated the post with a little blurb about the morning.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74