Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132649 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 26 - Sunlight
« Reply #465 on: January 02, 2014, 08:48:11 am »

Also: DAMN. Here I thought it would be basically a toggle ability :())

xD I love how you think I'll just give you a regeneration. No, what I've actually given you is, if you've noticed, the only way to heal magical price wounds without incurring an exponentially higher one.

As an estimate? Uh. Maybe a couple of days or so? Don't worry, a travel turn is coming up that'll take a couple of days. Last until then and you'll have your legs back. And your legs function fine up to your kneecaps, so you can sorta waddle around.

LASTLY: One of you guys asked how you'd report back the success of your mission. Well, that's what Cyrus is doing there, isn't he? (I've just been reading over old turns... I've forgotten a few things... Like you're supposed to be paid for this.)
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 02, 2014, 09:12:19 am »

((question for the GM, this voice I hear. Do I know wether its coming from inside the village or from the forest?))

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 02, 2014, 09:13:54 am »

((question for the GM, this voice I hear. Do I know wether its coming from inside the village or from the forest?))

Right. Sorry. No, it's inside the village. You can pinpoint it right down to one of about four buildings. I'll put that in the turn.

EDIT: Done
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:16:02 am by Niccolo »
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 02, 2014, 11:27:11 am »

Also: DAMN. Here I thought it would be basically a toggle ability :())

xD I love how you think I'll just give you a regeneration. No, what I've actually given you is, if you've noticed, the only way to heal magical price wounds without incurring an exponentially higher one.

As an estimate? Uh. Maybe a couple of days or so? Don't worry, a travel turn is coming up that'll take a couple of days. Last until then and you'll have your legs back. And your legs function fine up to your kneecaps, so you can sorta waddle around.

LASTLY: One of you guys asked how you'd report back the success of your mission. Well, that's what Cyrus is doing there, isn't he? (I've just been reading over old turns... I've forgotten a few things... Like you're supposed to be paid for this.)

((Ok so question then. If I were to cancel the regen to cast spells again, would this travel turn still give me my legs back? Due to effectively having limitless tries to get the "all 5s" thing right to turn it back on?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 02, 2014, 04:52:42 pm »

Holy shit. Thuun… Oh jeez.
That's what we want to hear.

(Lt: 2+1+1+1=5, Fi: 5+1+1-1=6) (Holy hell)
With that kind of intro, between the prelude, the 6, and the hell, I expected at minimum his new legs to be on fire.

Oh, and is the khaki guy real or just in Felice's head?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 02, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

((Ok so question then. If I were to cancel the regen to cast spells again, would this travel turn still give me my legs back? Due to effectively having limitless tries to get the "all 5s" thing right to turn it back on?))
It depends A) at what point you succeed in getting all fives and B) what point your companions get freaked out by your constant magic usage and throw you from the carriage.

With that kind of intro, between the prelude, the 6, and the hell, I expected at minimum his new legs to be on fire.

Oh, and is the khaki guy real or just in Felice's head?

I try. I didn't expect him to get all fives and sixes on his first try. It wasn't until I added up all the bonuses that I realised just how foolish I've been in offering bonuses.

And the khaki guy is quite real. But well ahead of the rest of the pack.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 02, 2014, 06:30:56 pm »

Baldur nods at Thuun, "Thanks."

Baldur walks over to the village gates and tries to force them open.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 02, 2014, 06:34:53 pm »

((One question - should Thuun really get a +1 to casting a spell if he uses that spellsword ability? Isn't that purely for attack spells, hence the choices between +1 to hit and bonus damage?))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 02, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »

((One question - should Thuun really get a +1 to casting a spell if he uses that spellsword ability? Isn't that purely for attack spells, hence the choices between +1 to hit and bonus damage?))

((Shut up. It makes perfect sense for that to work. Due to Thuun's training he can use blades as a spell focus. Think the way most mages use staves.
And for my secondary argument, STOP TRYING TO NERF THE PARTY! We're kinda screwed already, the GM doesn't need help being evil!))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 03, 2014, 12:57:32 am »

I try. I didn't expect him to get all fives and sixes on his first try. It wasn't until I added up all the bonuses that I realised just how foolish I've been in offering bonuses.

Hmm. As it is, the Spellsword ability has a three-turn cooldown. I may bump that up to four or five. I might just fiddle with the other cooldowns as well, since they're a little unbalanced at the moment.

Alternatively, BFEL, we can compromise a little. I've mentioned in the alt-text that using Spellsword focus increases the chance of your weapon shattering, but I haven't really enforced that. I might have to actually start doing that.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 03, 2014, 01:01:51 am »

Keep an eye on Khaki Man, which is possibly a good name for a superhero so I should write that down. Ahem. Also look for some kind of rock to throw at him if he turns out to be hostile.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 03, 2014, 09:30:46 am »

"You gentlemen do whataver you want, but just so you know, there's a whole bunch of these stinkin' arseholes coming our way. I'm just going to go ahead and get to relative safety now.

Also, there's someone calling for help inside of the village. Just so you know"

Back up towards the village gate, keeping an eye on our surroundings. Shoot at any kakhi's that attack the group. Enter village if my teammates get the door open.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:35 am »

Hmm. As it is, the Spellsword ability has a three-turn cooldown. I may bump that up to four or five. I might just fiddle with the other cooldowns as well, since they're a little unbalanced at the moment.

Alternatively, BFEL, we can compromise a little. I've mentioned in the alt-text that using Spellsword focus increases the chance of your weapon shattering, but I haven't really enforced that. I might have to actually start doing that.

((Piecewise truly has nothing on your sadistic GMing chops. And his slogan is TORTURE FOR FUN))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 03, 2014, 10:49:46 am »

We're kinda screwed already, the GM doesn't need help being evil!))
((Piecewise truly has nothing on your sadistic GMing chops. And his slogan is TORTURE FOR FUN))

You make me so happy, BFEL. Piecewise is my role model for RtDs!

I must admit, I've rather enjoyed how this magic system works. But it definitely needs polishing if I ever decide to use it again. And I need to put more thought into balancing skills and whatnot BEFORE the game starts up. Changing skills midway through a game is terribly gauche.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:33 pm »

Changing skills midway through a game is terribly gauche.

((Not to mention INCREDIBLY disheartening for the players. I feel like the universes buttmonkey, and not only that, but I'm the universes buttmonkey who can physically see the universe polishing its hope-stomping boots for another go.

It certainly doesn't help that when I raise a concern about game balance cockslapping me and anyone who plays my "class" the response is "don't worry, I'm currently working on a way to cockslap you HARDER"

I would have honestly preferred the healing system that has demons pop out when you use it, because as I have demonstrated, demons are something that large displays of magical might can solve quickly. And then you get wounds from that but in this system I could HEAL those wounds, thus summoning more demons and giving us a wonderful recursive success mechanic.

Whereas in THIS system, trying to fill the role my character was CUSTOM TAILORED to fill in the party results in maiming, dismemberment and losing my legs, which means that until they regrow, I am 100% fully useless as a character. And since that's apparently not happening within this mission I might as well just go dark and not post.

I honestly feel like I have to use every trick in the book and most of the ones the book never considered, just to not SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST, let alone have anything resembling success.

I'm probably overreacting, and probably reading too much into this, but it feels like what happens in this game isn't up to the cold unfeeling hand of fate, like it is in any other RTD, including those made by Piecewise, but up to the whims of the GM, and his whims are permanently stuck on "stomp the players into the dirt"))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:58:35 pm by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74