Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132171 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 1 - Barfight! (8/5)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 08:00:31 am »

Tend to bucketfacemcscrewyarm, as he is heavily injured and we want to avoid a lawsuit.

I'm not sure if lawyers have been invented yet.

Incidentally, have you ever read 8 Bit Theatre?

ITS POWERED BY LOVE.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 08:11:48 am »

"Huh. I didn't expect that to actually work." Baldur shrugs and manhandles the nearest patron out of the door.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 08:22:57 am »

I'm not sure if lawyers have been invented yet.

Incidentally, have you ever read 8 Bit Theatre?

ITS POWERED BY LOVE.

Oh, good. I hope you try this one day. I'll be honest, I was thinking of that comic in particular for your character.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:03 am »

Assist Baldur in manhandling troublemakers out of the door, put on my best scowl as I do so

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2013, 09:52:53 am »

Help get the non-injured people out of the bar.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2013, 01:02:55 pm »

I'm trying to determine the best way to sort out what order you all move in.

Ah, I know! Random.org has a list randomiser. So I shall put your names into that and see what random order it assigns you.

Turn'll be up in an hour or two.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 2 - Let's Beat Up Civilians! (8/5)
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2013, 02:09:23 pm »

Yeah. So. THREE sixes. You just know this is going to go well.

Uh... Be glad that BFEL didn't roll a six on his wisp... Or this would have happened throughout the bar.

- Turn 2: Let's Beat Up Civilians! -

You're clearing out the bar pretty well, with the only casualty so far being one idiot with his head in a bucket. The innkeeper is impressed with your efficiency!

Help get the non-injured people out of the bar.
(5) You pick up your shillelagh in your left hand and move towards the Yagalian. He takes a swing at you but you knock his clumsy swing aside and with one deft movement, hook your foot behind his and trip him onto his backside. You grab the Yagalian by the scruff of his neck and bodily toss him from the inn; he lands in a snowdrift outside. Cold, but otherwise unharmed.

There are three rowdy people left in the bar.

"Right. Maybe you would like to leave now, then?"

If they would not, bash the rowdiest one in the shin with my staff.
(6) "LEAVE NOW OR FACE MY PRIESTLY VENGEANCE!" you yell, waving your staff. The Southlander, who towers over you by a foot and is significantly more muscular, just snorts and picks up a chair.

So you take hold of your staff with both hands and crack him in the shins. You hit him in the shins so hard that his tibias both shatter and he collapses screaming onto the floor. He drops the chair in the process and it topples over and lands on your foot. "Oh just walk it off, you big baby," you tell him as he screams. You hope he doesn't notice that your foot is looking a tad flat.

The innkeeper no longer looks pleased. Perhaps you should tone it down a little.

"Huh. I didn't expect that to actually work." Baldur shrugs and manhandles the nearest patron out of the door.
(4) You pick up the screaming Southlander and drape him over one shoulder before carrying him outside. You toss him into the snowbank next to the Yagalian, figuring that the cold will hopefully help numb the pain a bit.

Two rowdy boys remain. The innkeeper is slightly annoyed, but worse has happened.

Tend to bucketfacemcscrewyarm, as he is heavily injured and we want to avoid a lawsuit.
(6) (Oh shit) "Hey, idiot!" You yell at the Cylenian with his head stuck in a bucket. "Hold still!" You decide that the best method for getting his head out of the bucket is to stop the bucket from existing. So you... Kick it. Not metaphorically. The bucket explodes into shrapnel and the man's ears are bleeding, but at least he's out of the bucket!

Not finished yet, you cup your hands. Blazing emerald light fills your hands and pours onto the wounded man. There's a sickly crackling as his arm forcibly realigns. Wanting to be perfectly sure that he's okay, you don't stop and so more and more magic pours in! His muscles begin to bulge. His clothing tears at the seams. Noticing this abnormal muscle growth, you finally decide to stop.

A seven-foot tall brute stands up, most of his clothing falling away in tatters. His pecs are bigger than your entire chest. Holy shit.

(3) All of a sudden all of the muscles in your arms seize up in pain. You can't use your arms for one turn!
On the upside, you feel you understand Life magic better. +1 exp!

There's STILL two guys in the bar... And one of them is now the Hulk. Way to go. Oh, and the innkeeper is pissed.

Assist Baldur in manhandling troublemakers out of the door, put on my best scowl as I do so
(6) (A third? Oh hell.) You howl and tackle the non-Hulkified Cylenian to the floor and club him into unconsciousness with the hilt of your dirk. You then toss him out into the snowbank. He lands on top of the Southlander.

On top of his shins, actually.

Ouch. You cruel bastard.

BOSS FIGHT: THE INCREDIBLE HULK!
HULK: ME FEEL POWERFUL. YOU PUNY MAGES!

His skin is still glowing a brilliant emerald green. He grunts and charges at Lao Thuun!

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:12:14 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2013, 02:21:03 pm »

"Well."

Run like hell! Try to trip the green man up!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:55:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2013, 02:48:32 pm »

"Finally! I was starting to think that this was going to be a boring night!" Baldur tries to tackle the hulk to the ground.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2013, 02:57:18 pm »

On the upside, you feel you understand Life magic better.
((Understanding gained: "I shouldn't do that ever again. EVER."))

Attempt to counter the life magic with force magic, without hurting him. Or getting squashed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2013, 03:13:30 pm »

"Ya big bastard, I've tackled fish bigger than you!"

Attempt to jump on the hulkified one's back and pummel his head witht the hilt of my dirk, trying to drag him to the floor

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013, 04:52:13 pm »

On the upside, you feel you understand Life magic better.
((Understanding gained: "I shouldn't do that ever again. EVER."))
It's important that we learn from our mistakes. When I saw he rolled a six I was cackling madly... I hadn't expected to write Hulk into the story, but there you go.

Good idea to try and counteract Life with Force. Hopefully the dice are kind when I get round to rolling it up.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:55:35 pm by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »

((And here I thought he would be grateful to not be a pile of twisted limbs anymore. Silly, silly me. Apparently Life Magic works as steroids.))

Deftly dodge the ungrateful lout!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2013, 07:54:40 pm »

((And here I thought he would be grateful to not be a pile of twisted limbs anymore. Silly, silly me. Apparently Life Magic works as steroids.))

You did kick him in the head to remove the bucket. A most efficacious method, to be sure, but perhaps not the best one to ensure he wasn't annoyed with you.

Right. It's 2 am and I'm typing on an ipad. There's no way in hell I'm writing the turn now; I'd throw my ipad against a wall within five minutes. I'm gonna get some shut-eye and I'll write it when I wake up. G'night, folks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:57:06 pm by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 3 - The Incredible Hulk (8/5)
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2013, 04:13:19 am »

Huh. Only an hour's work on an ipad. Still hate it!

The Hulk is somewhat depowered, Baldur is a bad sport and Ekoka learns a new skill. All in all, an amusing turn.

- Turn 3: The Incredible Hulk -

So Lao Thuun accidentally made one of the drunken fighters into the fantasy analogue of The Hulk. Way to go, Lao. Since there's currently a very angry, very large person smashing up bits of the bar, you decide it's high time he take a nap.

(3) you throw yourself to the side, but don't quite make it out of the giant green man's range. He swipes at you with his left hand! (1+1) He manages to hit you in the chest. It's only the tip of his fingers but you still feel like a hammer caught you!

(6) You spin and tumble in midair, but manage to recover your balance and land on your feet, on a table. Your head stops a mere inch from one of the rafters. You hook a foot around a candle and kick it at the Hulk! (2) But it misses. Thankfully it goes out midair.

"Well."

Run like hell! Try to trip the green man up!
"Well."

(2) You decide to mimic Ekoka from earlier. You hook one foot around his leg and heave! But... Nothing. Shit. Luckily he didn't even notice you. He just sorta absently pushes you aside when...

"Finally! I was starting to think that this was going to be a boring night!" Baldur tries to tackle the hulk to the ground.
(1) "Feh, this is a boring fight!" you say and sit down. On a chair right in front of the Hulk. He takes your attitude as a challenge and picks up a table, a very heavy table! But before he can throw it...

"Ya big bastard, I've tackled fish bigger than you!"

Attempt to jump on the hulkified one's back and pummel his head witht the hilt of my dirk, trying to drag him to the floor
(4) You decide that Lyu has the right idea, if wrong method. "Ya big bastard, I've tackled fish bigger than you!" you yell at him as a challenge. Next thing he knows, you're on his back, clubbing away somewhat ineffectually at his skill with your dirk. Since there's only one of you and he's, like, three people rolled into one you're less than effective.

But hey, at least he's not trying to throw that table anymore! Now he's flailing around trying to grab you! But his muscles are so big that his arms can't quite bend enough to grab you. Which, from the way he picked up that table, is probably a good thing.

Attempt to counter the life magic with force magic, without hurting him. Or getting squashed.
(4) Deciding that now, with the monkey on his back, is as good a time as any, you move forwards to counteract the Life magic with Force magic. You decide to ignore that they're opposites in the same way that oil and water opposites and try it anyway.

He's flailing around trying to grab Felis, so he doesn't even notice you step up and lay both hands on his chest. It's fever-hot beneath your touch and you can feel the brimming Life magic still running through him. You're not even sure that he could be hurt until the Life magic ran out!

You push the Force magic into him, definitely not thinking about imploding his stomach. You somehow target the magic itself. Angry scarlet light flares from your hands! The emerald green of his glowing skin disappears in a wave emanating from your hands, leaving behind his normal skin colour.

However, he's still... Well, he's still big. At least he probably won't immediately heal any wound!

(5) You brace for the magical cost. It's not too bad! Your chest clamps up a bit and you fight for breath for a moment, but you're otherwise unharmed. Lucky you!

(6) You've even come to better understand opposing forces! You can now dual-cast opposing magics with a -1 to roll instead of -2. Holy hell.

Hulk's Status: Perfectly fine. Probably can't rapidly heal anymore. He's also a bit calmer. He's still trying to get Felis off his back, though.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:16:45 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 74