Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 131842 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 3 - The Incredible Hulk (8/5)
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2013, 09:17:37 am »

((Wow its been 3 turns IN A BARFIGHT and none of us are injured yet. Amazing.))

Attempt to calm the hulk-man down.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2013, 09:25:33 am »

((It's logical. Earth and wind, fire and water, and light and shadow are all opposites.))

"Aha!"

Back up. Clout him in the head by summoning a chunk of earth and stone using Earth Magic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2013, 09:40:57 am »

Should calming and bludgeoning executed by my fellows not work, drive the bronze-capped staff into the dehulkified fellow's spine.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

((It's logical. Earth and wind, fire and water, and light and shadow are all opposites.))

They are, but mixing opposite magics can go two ways. For instance, had you rolled a 1, the problem of Hulk-in-a-bar would have been solved by removal of the bar at great velocity.

Mostly because I like writing about explosions.

((Wow its been 3 turns IN A BARFIGHT and none of us are injured yet. Amazing.))
I'm just as shocked as you are. But then one of you screamed half of the bar into submission and your priest has taken to breaking shins, so you've been far more effective than I expected.

Just waitin' on pancaek and USEC and I can get this show on the road!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:18:25 am by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2013, 11:35:13 am »

while I'm clinging on to his neck anyway, try to put him in a chokehold, hopefully making him go unconscious

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2013, 02:08:55 pm »

Tackle that hulk to the ground, goddamn it.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 4 - HULK SMASH!
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »

So, there's an inopportune 1 in there. BFEL, why did you tempt fate?

ALL OF YOU: tell me if you want me to continue using the list randomiser to randomly order your actions or go in the order you post. You guys got a little fucked over by the randomiser this time round, but it does keep things interesting.

- Turn 4: HULK SMASH! -

With the hulking green brute no longer green, it's time to put him down for the count. The innkeeper is extremely unhappy with your methods, but given there's a giant ragemonster in his bar he's going to hold off on docking your pay until a bit later.

while I'm clinging on to his neck anyway, try to put him in a chokehold, hopefully making him go unconscious
(4) You wrap your right arm around his neck and begin to squeeze. The Hulk immediately goes berserk, thrashing wildly from side to side. He grabs your arm with his right hand! (Probably not the best idea to give the superstrong dude a grappling point) He heaves and you are pulled off of his back, dropping your dirk in the process.

As he whips you over his shoulder, you feel the force increase. Oh no, he's not going to... He does. He flings you at Ekoka! (3) You miss Ekoka with everything but your flailing hand, which catches him (1) across the jaw. Ouch. (2,3) You, however, fail to correct your path in the air and solidly hit the table with your arms. You feel your left elbow give painfully.

Your left arm is dislocated and useless until you get it reset! All actions suffer a -1 roll penalty due to the distracting pain.

"Aha!"

Back up. Clout him in the head by summoning a chunk of earth and stone using Earth Magic.
"Aha!" You yell as his regenerative power fades. This draws his eye just as he's about to throw Felis, so you think it prudent to back up from the brute. You do so just in time to catch a fist across the jaw. It's painful, but nothing's broken.

(2) You decide it's time for some earthly payback, but for some reason you just can't get the spell straight in your head.

Tackle that hulk to the ground, goddamn it.
(5) You charge The Hulk, roaring like a madman. At the last second you leap and elbow drive him to the floor! The Hulk bellows as he begins to topple! You both fall into a heap on the floor. As you pick yourself up, both of his hands lunge up towards you!

(1,4) The left hand misses you, thank the Gods, but the right hand catches you in a devastatingly crippling haymaker (2) directly into your chest. You're blasted backwards off of him and collide back-first with the bar.

You look down. There's... something sticking out of the side of your chest. It looks white. And bony. Against all odds the ribs bent and ruptured outwards and sideways, so your pleural cavity and lungs are safe. Buuuut you're bleeding pretty heavily. (You'll bleed out in three turns)

Attempt to calm the hulk-man down.
(4) "Mr. Giant man? I'm sorry about making you into a huge monstrosity. Can you calm down?" You hold up your hands placatingly, hoping he's not about to punt you across the room like that other guy.

The Hulk seems to calm for a second - just as Baldur dives past you and tackles the bastard over! Shit. Probably wouldn't have worked, anyway.

Should calming and bludgeoning executed by my fellows not work, drive the bronze-capped staff into the dehulkified fellow's spine.
You come sneaking up behind the Hulkified fellow. Suddenly there's a huge roar from in front of him and with a heavy thudding sound, he begins to fall over - directly towards you! (4) you manage to dive out of the way, somehow. Since he's flat on his back, you decide jabbing him in the spine is unsporting.

Suddenly that Baldur fellow goes flying past you and crashes into the counter! He looks pale as a sheet. Thankfully, The Hulk seems to be having trouble standing under his own massive weight, so you're not in immediate danger.

Hulk Status: Enraged and on the floor. Struggling to stand.

By the way, the innkeeper is scared out of his mind and has legged it out of the building.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:04:04 am by Niccolo »
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2013, 03:30:11 pm »

((Order whatever.))

Summon restraints of stone Stop the movement of air above and around the limbs to bind this hulk of muscle and anger to the floor.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:03:26 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2013, 03:37:05 pm »

((Order whatever.))

Summon restraints of stone to bind this hulk of muscle and anger to the floor.

Your Earth magic level is zero, so you'll need to be within striking distance of him to do this unless you roll a 6. Sure you wanna do it?
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2013, 03:40:13 pm »

Hm.

...Could I stop the air above his limbs from moving, forming bonds of air?
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2013, 03:44:53 pm »

Hm.

...Could I stop the air above his limbs from moving, forming bonds of air?

I wondered why you didn't suggest that in the first place! You certainly can. Plus you can do it from far, far away. Since it's moving air and not solid rock, you'll have to maintain the spell. You'll still be able to dodge and stuff, but you won't be able to do much else until you let the spell go.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2013, 04:03:39 pm »

It seemed less plausible and secure to use air. I'm half-right.
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2013, 04:17:07 pm »

Try to staunch the blood flow as best as I can.

((Kinda dying here guys. Little help, please?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2013, 04:18:07 pm »

"Um, well... rargh?"

Beat the hulking fellow over the head with the staff until he loses consciousness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »

(Probably not the best idea to give the superstrong dude a grappling point)
((So if I didn't already have one arm around his neck, where did I hold on to?))

I've had worse, attempt to reset my elbow
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 74