Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 130178 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 4 - HULK SMASH!
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

(Probably not the best idea to give the superstrong dude a grappling point)
((So if I didn't already have one arm around his neck, where did I hold on to?))
Oh, his neck, but once he calmed down a little he realised the best way to get you off. Turns out ragemonsters don't think so well when they're, well, enraged.

It seemed less plausible and secure to use air. I'm half-right.

Air pressure is a wonderful thing. A jet of high-pressure air pressing into his wrists? If it doesn't drill right through his arms, he won't be moving far.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2013, 05:12:21 pm »

((Actually, I'm imagining less of a jet of air and more "The air above his wrists, ankles, etc, won't move to let his appendages through".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2013, 05:15:53 pm »

O.o That... Works too. A sort of shell of air with the rigidity of stone. Fair enough! When I write the turn up I'll make sure to describe it that way.

Rightio, I'm off to bed. G'night all! I'll write the turn up in the morning, hopefully BFEL has posted by then!
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2013, 07:26:53 pm »

Hm.

...Could I stop the air above his limbs from moving, forming bonds of air?

((Theoretically you could stop air flow to his LUNGS, suffocating him until he passes out.))

Slapping his hand to his head, Lao Thuun casts Wisp, making sure not to put any more life into the hulking monstrocity, only his comrades.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »

Hm.

((Theoretically you could stop air flow to his LUNGS, suffocating him until he passes out.))
((I don't want to kill him!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2013, 09:46:30 pm »

Hm.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »

Hm.

((I don't really want to risk permanent brain damage, either. Or risk him waking up and attacking when my back is turned.))
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2013, 02:41:48 am »

... So I've basically given GWG an ideal random-murder tool. Excellent.

Writing the turn up now.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 5 - More Green?
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2013, 03:49:56 am »

BFEL rolls a 1 at a very bad time, Ekoka rolls two 6s. Shenanigans ensue.

- Turn 5: More Green? -

You've mostly stopped the Hulk, since he's on his back and like a turtle can't seem to get back up. But one of your party is down with busted ribs. Could this be the first casualty of the tale?

Slapping his hand to his head, Lao Thuun casts Wisp, making sure not to put any more life into the hulking monstrocity, only his comrades.
(6) WELP.

You raise your right hand, filling it with a miniature star of viridian light. The entire bar is filled with Life magic emanating from the wisp that coalesces in your hand. The wisp takes flight and begins to hover around your head.

A small pot plant in the corner begins to rapidly grow, flowers the size of your head opening and filling the room with their scent. A small patch of moss on the outside stone wall of the bar begins to grow as well, covering the entire tavern in a thick green layer in a matter of seconds.

The light spills over the Hulk, and... (2) does nothing except calm him down somewhat. The light also washes over your comrades, who feel the heavily-boosted Life magic push all of their pains aside. Well done!

(1) (Shit!) The force of that much magic leaving your body is enough to shatter every bone in your right arm and hand. Your hand is a bloody, pulpy mess. Your arm immediately swells up - just enough to stop the bleeding - but the residual magic in the air can't seem to be able to touch the wound. You're in a lot of pain. And in case you can't tell, your right arm is entirely useless.

Perfect casting! +1 exp!

"Um, well... rargh?"

Beat the hulking fellow over the head with the staff until he loses consciousness.
(3) Maybe it was the healing light, maybe your heart's not in it. You poke half-heartedly at the hulking great brute on the floor.

Try to staunch the blood flow as best as I can.

(4+1) Green sparks limn the wound as you try to staunch the blood flow, holding back the surely-crushing pain. Even better, you feel the blood flow stop completely as the sparks encourage rapid coagulation! The skin follows suite, growing over the bone. With a sickly crackle your rib is pushed back into place and the wound is sealed shut!

Your rib's still broken, but you're otherwise pretty good.

I've had worse, attempt to reset my elbow
(2+1)  You steel yourself and tug on your arm, but to no avail. It just hurts a lot.

Summon restraints of stone Stop the movement of air above and around the limbs to bind this hulk of muscle and anger to the floor.
(6) You rub your jaw angrily, but the green light makes the bruise fade within seconds. So you set yourself and cast your will forth into the air itself. Some way, somehow, you still the very air itself! The air gains the consistency of stone in a huge block over the Hulk, pressing the monster into the floor. The torrent of magic flooding through you suppresses all rational thought, but you have just enough presence of mind to leave the monster a way to breathe.

(6) (Two sixes in a row. Yeesh.) You feel something give in your brain. A splitting headache lances from one temple to the other! You're not sure what happened, but you know that once you stop this spell, you won't be casting any more magic until the headache leaves.

Perfect casting! +1 exp!

Hulk Status: Enraged and on the floor. Struggling to stand, but trapped quite well.

You can hear a commotion outside. Sounds like the guards are on their way!

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:34:58 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2013, 09:14:07 am »

Try to access my inner savage, like I did with the shin-breaking episode. Bash the fellow on the head repeatedly!

On second thought, vacate the premises. This battle is about as pointless as it gets - we're sure as hell not getting paid, after all.

EDIT: Help the sailorman with the dislocated elbow if it does not interfere with running the hell away.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:05:57 am by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2013, 09:26:42 am »

((Hmm...Life Magic is weird. I mean it doesn't set broken bones, but cellular skin/muscle damage=no probs. Also it seems to be rather choosy as to who/what it will/won't heal, but that could just be to make this an RtD instead of something sensible.))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2013, 09:57:35 am »

((Hmm...Life Magic is weird. I mean it doesn't set broken bones, but cellular skin/muscle damage=no probs. Also it seems to be rather choosy as to who/what it will/won't heal, but that could just be to make this an RtD instead of something sensible.))
The wisp specifically aids in healing, rather than doing the healing itself. That's why you can just have it going, rather than having to sit and concentrate. USEC was trying to stop the blood, so it aided in that. Specifically, it healed shut a wound that would normally have taken stitches and a week. His bones will also set faster, but skin heals at four or five times the rate that bone does! What it DID was get the bone into the right place. The plants strive to grow, so it helps them grow. Pancaek tried to reset his arm, it tried to help... But it didn't quite make it.

The wisp spell gets some direction from who it's trying to help, basically.

But yeah, Life magic's a tad weird. I haven't really set limits for it, since I'm still working the kinks out of the magic system. And yes, to make this an RTD.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:29 am »

"Well, shit, I don't think I'll be able to help anymore" He notices the priest leave "Hey! uh, Luy was it? Care to give me a hand with resetting my elbow?"

Follow the priest, attempt to reset the elbow. Let Lyu help if he so pleases

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2013, 10:06:27 am »

"Well, shit, I don't think I'll be able to help anymore" He notices the priest leave "Hey! uh, Luy was it? Care to give me a hand with resetting my elbow?"

"Sure, but I can't guarantee it'll help!"

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2013, 10:08:04 am »

"Let's see. One Mage is down. While the other is holding down the Hulk, let's all leave!" You guys are the best team ever.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 74