Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132149 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 15 - Enter the Beast
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2013, 10:49:21 am »

It's the beginning of Psalm 23. Not Google Translated, taken from a German bible website. Hopefully it's actually correct; I wouldn't have the foggiest.
Looked it up to figure out what it was.
I'll take your word for it.

And that final 1 wasn't forcing you to cower. It's... well, it's your mental stability. These critters have the ability to erode your mind and will over time. There are ways to restore mental stability, but as long as these bastards keep shrieking you'll keep going crazy. (Don't worry, they can't shriek much.)
Whoo. Go me.

Long story short: These creatures are nasty. When I first created them I designed them specifically to be tough to kill, hard to fight and completely and utterly mad. They're living nightmares. <.<; Canonically, their very presence is enough to instill paralysis, but I didn't think I'd subject that to you guys on top of everything else. Like near-immunity to magic.
1. Transparent is better. White is just visible on Standard, and sticks out like a sore thumb on any weirdo using Darkling.
2. Um, you sent us from a bar brawl to a horde of nightmares. Isn't there supposed to be an intermediate bit?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2013, 06:06:18 pm »

I didn't expect you guys to want to fight them all! I mean, who does that?

Well you guys apparently.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »

We're PCs. What did you expect?

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2013, 09:05:37 pm »

xD I see that NOW. Oh well, I imagine the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu applies to these guys.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2013, 09:34:46 pm »

F^#%, I'm only fighting one.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2013, 11:34:17 pm »

((Well we 1. Didn't expect to get ganked with a horde of boss monsters right away, and 2. Running didn't really work. At all.

So basically our options at this point are DIE ore DIE AND THEN BE EATEN.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:37:28 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:29 pm »

((You could also try running.))
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2013, 01:25:20 am »

((You could also try running.))
((I DID. Unintentionally, but still. And it just made me cornered by 3 of them. So yeah, that didn't work.))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2013, 02:35:19 am »

I think I'm enjoying this way too much.

Okay, writing the turn up now.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 16 - Level 1 Derm
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2013, 03:32:24 am »

Jesus, BFEL.

I mean, I was gonna say that Baldur kicked awesome ass in this one, but then you had to go and roll a fucking 8.

- Turn 16: Level 1 Derm -

Outnumbered, you valiantly (or foolishly) decide to face off against the myriad demonic creatures rather than fleeing for the possible safety of the village...

Beat these demonic creatures into submission with my trusty staff! Focus on the ones my nearby teammates are fighting in particular, the one approaching Cyrus first of all.
You turn around, spotting the flaming demon-beast thing flailing at Cyrus. You growl and heft up your staff! (5+1, 3) With an almighty crack, your staff slams into the beast’s arm, crunching through the arm and into the ribs. There’s a horrific snapping sound as the beast’s humerus shatters like glass and its ribs cave inwards, slicing the poor thing’s right lung into so much casserole.

The dying, flaming beast is launched sideways; it smashes into another one of the creatures and both go tumbling into the undergrowth. You set yourself and wait for the inevitable counterattack when the whole place suddenly flares up with a fiery light...

Cyrus is just sorta staring at the light. There's a couple of dead monsters at his feet, charred beyond recognition.

Find another demon and slash at it!
One of the beasts soars past you, but you see that Lyu has it quite handled. You turn back to face the forest. Where could they be?

There’s a skitter behind you. You turn. Two of the demonic Elf things are behind you, their yellowed eyes glazed over with madness. One eyes you up and down and licks its lips with a blackened tongue. You shudder. You heft your sword into your right hand and charge!

(2+1, 6) You stumble as you swing, so your swipe only nicks the one creature’s foot. You brace for the shock, but nothing happens. Weird. The monsters growl and swipe at you with their hands! (1+1, 1) One ragged hand scratches you across your face, dirty nails slashing across your eye. You scream in rage as you realise you can’t see out of your left side! (5+1, 3) The second one strikes your right arm, just near the shoulder, but you let it. The critter leaves itself open to a counterstrike! (5+2, 5) With a swipe you take both of its ragged, dirty hands off before booting it in the chest. It flies backwards, slams into a tree and just sorta… explodes.

Holy shit.

You turn so as to see the one creature left with your good eye, as crimson light pours out of the forest...

You're blinded in your left eye! You'll need to get it fixed, or suffer -2 to dodge rolls for attacks from your left. Or get an eyepatch and train your senses, I guess.

Ok, just gotta concentrate, lightning is a power of wind magic right? Then I just need to use Earth Magic! That'll shut them up!
Focus power through my blade and stab it into the ground, making the Earth under their feet swallow them!
Concentrate… Concentrate… (3+1)
You growl and focus on the three creatures in front of you. You draw your sword, calling on the power of the Earth, focusing your will on the very tip of the blade. (6+2) (Oh shit) You slam the blade into the ground, releasing your will at the same time.

A rumbling, heaving wave of rock ripples out from your feet in every direction for thirty feet. Not done yet, you draw your sword up in a dramatic swing, howling your might into the forest. Crimson light pours out of the cracked, broken ground.

A second later, molten rock jets from the ground in a widening ripple around you. The heat is scorching, but you survive. The monsters, not so much.

(2) You scream and fall to your knees. A thousand tiny wounds split open all over your body and blood pours out sluggishly. If you don’t do something fast, you’ll probably bleed out. (In three turns!)

On the upside, the monsters are too fucking terrified of you to come anywhere near you. The forest goes dead quiet as every monster heads for the goddamn hills.

On the downside, the huge wave of molten lava has kinda blocked you off. And set the forest on fire.

Ridiculous overpowered casting! +2 exp to Earth magic, +1 exp to Fire magic!

Use Force magic to strengthen my staff and increase the force of its blows. Strike the demon with it, then flee some more.
You feel a sudden wave of heat come from behind you. You turn to behold liquid fire pouring out of the ground in an expanding, rippling wave. The monster behind you shrieks and vanishes into the undergrowth; you turn and growl. The wave of lava crests and breaks towards you; you focus force magic into your staff and slam it into the ground! (5+1) A bubble of force billows out from where your staff strikes the earth and the wave of lava is repulsed. Fires ignite around you, but the expanding force bubble crushes them. No lava encroaches for twenty feet around you.

(5) Somehow, you escape paying any price for the magic. You feel fine!

Perfect Force casting! +1 exp!

"Wots it going to be ya lily-livered treehuggers, I've fought plankton more fierce than you!"
Fire at the nearest demon, try to aim for center mass or head.if they come close, try to dodge  and retaliate with my dirk.
"Wots it going to be ya lily-livered treehuggers, I've fought plankton more fierce than you!" you yell at a creature that’s just dropped from a tree in front of you. It cowers as you draw back your bow, but bolts before you can sight properly. “That’s right, you better run!”

You yell after it. Belatedly you notice that the scene has turned red; you turn to find lava sluggishly flowing out of the forest, cooling into rock as it does so. Huh. Weird.

The carriage appears to be on fire from the intense heat, and small fires are burning in the forest where Thuun and Ekoka ran off to.

So, the monsters all ran from the sudden miniature volcano. The forest is on fire, but the fires are small. The lava is very quickly cooling on account of the seriously cold weather. Thuun is at Ground Zero, bleeding out. It's still far too hot to get within about twenty feet of him, but everywhere else is mostly okay. If a little on fire.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:46:50 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2013, 06:08:58 am »

"One thing we should probably do now is regroup, I believe, and head over to the village. It had only one creature living in it if I recall what the fellow said, and that is about twenty times better than the number we face here. Fortunately, it seems we did kill about half of the ones that came at us - they are not extraordinarily tough, it seems."

Get the gang together - we shouldn't be split up.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2013, 06:21:04 am »

Fortunately, it seems we did kill about half of the ones that came at us - they are not extraordinarily tough, it seems.

Get the gang together - we shouldn't be split up.

Yeah, that's what happens when a succession of sixes, sevens and eights happens.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2013, 09:54:56 am »

((HOLY WORF!))

"My. This is...unexpected."

Use Fire Magic to douse the flames, touching them with my pebbley hand.
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2013, 10:24:02 am »

"Bwahahaha. Demons aren't so tough."

Baldur grins and sheaths his sword before heading back to the carriage.

"Anybody got something for my bleeding eye?"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2013, 01:24:53 pm »

"Damn...I wanted to capture one! Ah well, terrifying an army of living nightmares will just have to do for today." At this thought Thuun smiles, until he fully notices the pain wracking his body and the many cuts he is afflicted with.

After noticing he starts pouring some sweet sciency life magic into his body, beginning the process of not dying.

((So yeah....apparently Thuun doesn't do anything halfway huh? Well anything magic related at least :P))

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74