Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132152 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 16 - Level 1 Derm
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2013, 02:24:51 pm »

"Well, at least I landed a hit before you swept in and took all the glory." Feliz looks around, and smiles "credit where credit's due, that's quite the party trick"

stay with the rest of the gang
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:54:45 am by Pancaek »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2013, 07:35:30 pm »

I love how y'all are commenting on how not-tough they are because it only took a miniature volcano to scare them off.

((HOLY WORF!))

Yeah I know. First I rolled six for BFEL, which meant he could pull off what he wanted (Since, you know, rank zero means his earth magic sucks ass). Then I remembered the +2. And swore.

Join up with the rest of the gang

You're kinda with the rest of the gang. Cyrus, Baldur, Lyu and you are all on the road, close-ish to the dead body. It's Ekoka and Thuun who decided running for the hills was the best idea ever.

After noticing he starts pouring some sweet sciency life magic into his body, beginning the process of not dying.

((So yeah....apparently Thuun doesn't do anything halfway huh? Well anything magic related at least :P))
Yeah, no. Those are magically inflicted wounds. You realise that healing them will induce another wonderful price, right? It's like punching yourself in the face to cure blocked sinuses.

And no. For some reason, when I roll dice for your magic it's either a 1 or a 6. I mean wow.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »

I love how y'all are commenting on how not-tough they are because it only took a miniature volcano to scare them off.
Actually, the big one was this:
You turn around, spotting the flaming demon-beast thing flailing at Cyrus. You growl and heft up your staff! (5+1, 3) With an almighty crack, your staff slams into the beast’s arm, crunching through the arm and into the ribs. There’s a horrific snapping sound as the beast’s humerus shatters like glass and its ribs cave inwards, slicing the poor thing’s right lung into so much casserole. The dying, flaming beast is launched sideways; it smashes into another one of the creatures and both go tumbling into the undergrowth. You set yourself and wait for the inevitable counterattack when the whole place suddenly flares up with a fiery light...
Although this:
(2+1, 6) You stumble as you swing, so your swipe only nicks the one creature’s foot. You brace for the shock, but nothing happens. Weird...The critter leaves itself open to a counterstrike! (5+2, 5) With a swipe you take both of its ragged, dirty hands off before booting it in the chest. It flies backwards, slams into a tree and just sorta… explodes. Holy shit.
certainly contributes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2013, 04:19:15 am »

xD Yeah, fair point. They weren't particularly dangerous. Honestly, they're just mad.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2013, 10:26:43 am »

((Ah, so I guess I need to find another way to heal myself?...Like cauterization?....y'see where I'm going with this? :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2013, 10:55:29 am »

I guess you COULD roll in the lava field to seal the cuts shut, but there are possibly less risky ways of doing so.

I just meant that it'll be pretty much like last time you tried to heal a magic price. Remember when your arm bones turned into dust? Your life magic will succeed, but only on a six. And the price will almost certainly involve losing your ability to cast magic for a period of time determined by Lady Luck.

It's meant to be impossible to heal the price-wounds with more magic, but thanks to the wonderful nature of this RtD system, a six will heal you. Buuuuut the price is heavy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:58:00 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2013, 11:02:59 am »

((C'mon, thermodynamics! You used to be cool!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2013, 03:53:06 pm »

((Eh screw it, cauterization it is :P))

Attempt to use convection from the lava to cauterize wounds.

((I.E. Don't thrust self INTO lava, but just hold arms and legs over it and let the superheated air cook the wounds a bit. Still a terrible idea, but hey I have a 1/6th chance of dying pretty much no matter what I do :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2013, 02:18:25 am »

((Eh screw it, cauterization it is :P))

((I.E. Don't thrust self INTO lava, but just hold arms and legs over it and let the superheated air cook the wounds a bit. Still a terrible idea, but hey I have a 1/6th chance of dying pretty much no matter what I do :P))

Note to self: NEVER ask BFEL for first aid advice.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 17 - With a Fine Honey Glaze
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2013, 08:31:19 am »

BFEL, this might be your worst idea yet.

- Turn 17: With a Fine Honey Glaze -

The monsters are defeated and fleeing. All that's left is to regroup and investigate that village...

"Bwahahaha. Demons aren't so tough."

Baldur grins and sheaths his sword before heading back to the carriage.

"Anybody got something for my bleeding eye?"
You laugh heartily. “Demons aren’t so tough!” you chuckle, sheathing your sword. You saunter back towards the carriage - which is still on fire - and decide it makes as good a gathering point as any. Your eye is rather painful, but you’ve had worse. “Anybody got something for my bleeding eye?”

Cyrus looks a tad nauseated. “Gods, you look like a bandit I once knew,” he mutters and hands you a length of bandage. “Sorry, I’m terrible at Life magic. Maybe you could ask your healer friend? Wherever he is.”

You think it’s probably a very bad idea to ask Thuun for any healing, but it is an option. You bind the bandage into a makeshift eyepatch in the time being.

"Well, at least I landed a hit before you swept in and took all the glory." Feliz looks around, and smiles "credit where credit's due, that's quite the party trick"

stay with the rest of the gang
You smile and quietly congratulate Thuun on his rather… spectacular magical dealings. (4) You manage to recover your arrow, intact! You slip it back into its quiver before wandering towards Baldur and Cyrus, over near the burning carriage.

((Is it Felis, Felice or Feliz? I swear I’ve seen it spelled all three ways.))

"My. This is...unexpected."

Use Fire Magic to douse the flames, touching them with my pebbley hand.
"My. This is...unexpected." You are rather astonished at the sheer magical effort it must have taken to cause this. Unfortunately, the forest is now on fire, so you decide to put them out with a little fire magic of your own.

Your hand flies into the nearest flame. Oops, maybe you should deactivate Alacrity? You can’t control your movements very well yet. (4) Luckily, you manage to stop your hand before your whole body falls into the fire! You also manage to put the fire out.

Your path to Thuun is clear, since most of the brush between the two of you is flattened by sudden rock injection. The rest of the fires are slowly spreading, but the thin forest will take a while to properly catch. You could probably make it back to the road quite safely.

"One thing we should probably do now is regroup, I believe, and head over to the village. It had only one creature living in it if I recall what the fellow said, and that is about twenty times better than the number we face here. Fortunately, it seems we did kill about half of the ones that came at us - they are not extraordinarily tough, it seems."

Get the gang together - we shouldn't be split up.
You eye the dead creatures. They seemed demonic, but they’re clearly mortal. Huh. You shudder at Baldur’s bravado and almost tell him what true demons are like, but decide to bite your tongue.

Instead, regrouping seems smarter. You wander closer to Cyrus, Baldur and Felice and stand with them, watching the forest slowly begin to burn. Hopefully Ekoka and Thuun find their way out!

"Damn...I wanted to capture one! Ah well, terrifying an army of living nightmares will just have to do for today." At this thought Thuun smiles, until he fully notices the pain wracking his body and the many cuts he is afflicted with.

(3)
Spoiler: Your leg. (click to show/hide)

Your legs are now burned. You can no longer walk properly. Just be glad you didn’t roll lower.

Cyrus raises his hands, concentrating. All around the group, the flames begin to waver and shrink. He grunts in effort. It’ll probably take him a minute or two.

The carriage is on the road and on fire. It’s a quarter mile walk to the village and one known lifeform is present. There’s nothing remaining in the forest, everything ever has fled thanks to sudden lava.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:33:31 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2013, 08:48:58 am »

"Right, that's most of us. But where's the others?"

Search for Ekoka and Thuun - hopefully they're not dead just yet.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2013, 09:21:00 am »

((Is it Felis, Felice or Feliz? I swear I’ve seen it spelled all three ways.))
((It's Felice, I'm apparently just really bad getting the spelling it consistently. Sorry about that))

"I'm sure they're fine, they both have magic after all." he stops for a second and scratches his head "On second though, we may want to go look for them"

Follow the priest and help search for our companions. Keep out an eye for trouble as well

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2013, 10:00:24 am »

Hah, doesn't bother me! It's your character, after all.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2013, 10:27:24 am »

Baldur shrugs. "Alright then."

Help Lyu Brak look for the two mages.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2013, 11:53:25 am »

"Ooh, that could have been bad."

Deactivate Alaracity. Head over to the others, putting out fires as I pass them.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 74