Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132167 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 17 - With a Fine Honey Glaze
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:46 pm »

((WHY IS NO ONE HELPING ME?))

attempt to crawl toward the others.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2013, 06:13:04 pm »

Because we enjoy watching you suffer for our amusement?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2013, 08:20:50 pm »

Because we enjoy watching you suffer for our amusement?
Welp, next time you guys need a bunch of crazy demon-elves to stop bothering you, don't come crying to THIS GUY. Especially if this guy bleeds to death.
That would present a serious problem to the "coming crying to me" thing.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2013, 09:02:28 pm »

For me, it's because I'm busy putting out fires, returning to the group, and basically being unaware of your plight.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2013, 12:28:34 am »

Welp, next time you guys need a bunch of crazy demon-elves to stop bothering you, don't come crying to THIS GUY. Especially if this guy bleeds to death.

May I also point out that part of it is your own damn fault? You're the one who decided grilling your legs into well-done was a good idea.

But don't worry, Ekoka is about to trip over you, presuming he can cross the lava field. Hmm. GWG, would you like to go around or through?
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:38 am »

May I also point out that part of it is your own damn fault? You're the one who decided grilling your legs into well-done was a good idea.

But don't worry, Ekoka is about to trip over you, presuming he can cross the lava field. Hmm. GWG, would you like to go around or through?
HEY I WAS JUST FOLLOWING THE ADVICE OF YOUR SIG!

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2013, 09:23:28 am »

... I honestly don't know whether I should be worried that you're applying Dwarven logic to this game. Huh.

Well folks, sorry that the turn isn't up but I just ran out of time today. I'll try and get it done tomorrow. (For those of you wondering, I'm in Aus and it's currently 10:15 pm.)
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

What, the lava field? Are you seriously asking if I want to walk through molten lava?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:58 pm »

What, the lava field? Are you seriously asking if I want to walk through molten lava?
Well given my last action he probably has a low opinion of us....

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2013, 07:10:50 pm »

Hahaha, no, the lava has mostly cooled into rock. It's just rather warm at the moment.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50:31 pm »

Alright.

You're asking if I want to walk over recently-cooled igneous rock?
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2013, 09:37:48 pm »

I'll... pencil that in as a no, then.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2013, 09:45:04 pm »

Correct. It's still burning-hot, and it's probably sharp.
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 18 - All Together Now
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2013, 05:10:24 am »

A nice, quiet turn.

For once.

- Turn 18: All Together Now -

Time to gather yourselves and treat your wounded… The monsters won’t stay gone forever.

Search for Ekoka and Thuun - hopefully they're not dead just yet.
Follow the priest and help search for our companions. Keep out an eye for trouble as well
Help Lyu Brak look for the two mages.
"Right, that's most of us. But where's the others?" Lyu asks, looking around. His gaze locks onto the burning forest and the newly-visible clearing about thirty yards into the forest full of black rock. “Ah. Naturally.”

"I'm sure they're fine, they both have magic after all," Felice points out. Lyu raises an eyebrow. Felice smiles ruefully and scratches his head. "On second thought, we may want to go look for them."

"Alright then." Baldur growls. “That’s settled. Let’s go find our mages, eh?” The three of you head tentatively towards the burning forest. Cyrus gives out a final gasp behind you and the fires ebb all the way down to no more than embers. One of you whistles softly in amazement.

Cyrus slumps against the charred carriage. “I’ll… stay here, I  think…” he mutters, already falling asleep. you can see that the magic has really done a number on him; bruising is spreading all up and down his limbs. The three of you shrug and head into the blackened forest.

The heat is intense as you approach the rocky clearing. You stop, surveying your surroundings. To your left, there’s a rustling...

"Ooh, that could have been bad."

Deactivate Alaracity. Head over to the others, putting out fires as I pass them.
You sigh and release the spell, feeling the sense of relief as your limbs slow down to match your mental commands. “Ooh, that could have been bad,” you mutter. At least now you are no longer clumsy!

(5) You reach out with your mind into a fire, but already find Cyrus’ will at work. So you stop and watch the master Pyromancer. You quietly take a few pointers in how to handle fire from one of the best!

Master lesson! +2 exp to fire magic!

You push your way through the charred undergrowth, skirting the hot field of rock. You can see Thuun lying in the middle of the field, somehow unburned - except for his legs.

Finally, you break through and find Lyu, Baldur and Felice. You nod at them in greeting. They nod back. “Where’s Thuun?” Lyu asks.

You gesture at the rock. “There, of course. Who else would do that?”

attempt to crawl toward the others.
You crawl towards the edge of the lava. Your magic has mostly faded from the rock, and along with it, the searing heat. You somehow manage to cross the field without incurring any more burns. It’s damn uncomfortable and if you tarry - or stop - you’re toast, but you’ll make it.

However, you’re leaving bits of your legs behind along with a rather alarmingly large trail of blood. You fall collapse in front of the other four, who were helpfully watching you suffer from outside the ex lava field. The sound of your blood sizzling on the hot rock is really disturbing.

(1+1) You slowly fade into unconsciousness. Thankfully, you made it off the rock and won’t cook yourself to death. Maybe just bleed out, though.

Blood loss and pain has knocked you unconscious. Luckily, since your heart rate has dropped, you’ve gained a turn to bleed out.

You all sigh as the strength given by Lyu Brak’s Righteous Litany fades.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:27:09 pm by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 18 - All Together Now
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2013, 06:52:34 am »

Huh. It WAS quiet.

"What did that idiot do to himself?"
Heal Lao.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 74