Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 130163 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 18 - All Together Now
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2013, 08:04:44 am »

"Well, whatever he did definitely worked nicely, so we probably should heal him to the best of our ability."

If Ekoka should fail at helping Thuun, go and address his bleeding wounds with more traditional medicinal methods.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2013, 10:37:51 am »

((Ah, sentences like "who were helpfully watching you suffer outside the ex-lava field" are what make this so epic. Also I'm starting to wonder just what kind of crazy history poor Thuun will end up having in this worlds canon. Right now I imagine he might already qualify for a footnote about "that one mage who did everything either really good or really badly." :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2013, 11:05:09 am »

"Thuun, the mage who single-handedly documented the myriad ways that magic could go wrong."
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2013, 03:55:42 pm »

Stand around and watch our surroundings, assist the priest if he needs help

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2013, 04:59:13 pm »

"Thuun, the mage who single-handedly documented the myriad ways that magic could go wrong."

I'm sigging this.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »

I'm sigging this.

I always appreciate being sigged.

Anyhoo, I think we're just waiting on USEC. Then I can get back to abusing poor Thuun.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Mighty_Soulz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2013, 04:05:23 am »

Hi

This character just going for the waitlist

Name: Weiss Glamryn
Race: Southlander
Appearance: Tall, dark skinned (of course), dark, wavy hair. Has a neatly trimmed beard.  Has a not-so-fully-healed scar next to his lip running halfway up to his cheekbones.
Profession: Elemental shaman
Magic Affinity: Water, Summoning
Favored Weapon: Slingstaff (doubles as Melee and ranged)
Backstory:  Weiss was taught at a young age by his father that nature and all it's elements were to be treated with respect. Use one element too roughly or too flippantly, the element you control will turn on you. By the time of the sundering of the moon, he was 21 years old and had almost perfected the mastery the water elements. However, the sundering caused an water elemental summoning to go wrong and resulted in the death of his father. Since then, he was afraid of summoning watery spirits, lest they were to go rogue and attack him again.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2013, 05:15:22 am »

You're added to the list!

Hm. If BFEL's effect on dice continues, he might just die soon. I should probably contact Xantalos and ask if he plans on ever making a bio. I'm actually a little scared to think of what he'd come up with.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 12, 2013, 09:07:39 am »

Anyhoo, I think we're just waiting on USEC. Then I can get back to abusing poor Thuun.

Huh. So we are. Uh...

Assist anybody who needs help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 12, 2013, 09:10:06 am »

Hm. If BFEL's effect on dice continues, he might just die soon. I should probably contact Xantalos and ask if he plans on ever making a bio. I'm actually a little scared to think of what he'd come up with.
Makes one of us. I've seen it all before when it comes to Xantalos. He's not so bad, really.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2013, 10:40:45 am »

And it's 11:40 at night. I'll write this up in the morning. And if I roll y'all snake eyes, I'm going to laugh myself sick.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 19 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2013, 06:48:39 am »

BFEL, BFEL, BFEL. You poor bastard.

- Turn 19: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back -

The party healer done got himself roasted, so you all decide to heal his sorry ass...

Heal Lao.
If Ekoka should fail at helping Thuun, go and address his bleeding wounds with more traditional medicinal methods.
Stand around and watch our surroundings, assist the priest if he needs help
Assist anybody who needs help.

"What did that idiot do to himself?" Ekoka asks in an astonished voice, eyeing the charred form of Thuun with bemusement.

"Well, whatever he did definitely worked nicely, so we probably should heal him to the best of our ability," Lyu points out. Ekoka nods, kneels and rests his hands on Thuun’s relatively unburned shoulders.

(6) (WTF) Green light kindles under Ekoka’s hands. Emerald fire appears in similar splashes from every cut on Thuun’s arms. The wounds slowly begin to close before the party’s eyes. Against all odds, when magical healing should have been able to do absolutely nothing for Thuun, Ekoka decided to ignore centuries of knowledge and do it anyway.

Huh.

Good news! Thuun’s no longer going to bleed out. His legs are still chargrilled, though. Ekoka’s magic isn’t nearly strong enough to handle that amount of damage.

Beyond the Impossible! +1 Life exp!

Now for his legs. Lyu kneels next to Thuun’s legs, where the life magic strangely refused to even go. There doesn’t seem to be much that can be done for them, but at least they can be bound and infection prevented.

“Maybe… Uh…” Lyu gets up and wanders over to a bush covered in small, spiky fruits. They’ve managed to survive both the frost and fire pretty well, although they’re certainly on their way out. “We have a plant like this up north… The fruit juices rubbed on a wound help them heal. I’m not sure about his legs, but it might stop infection!” The priest picks several of the fruits and, with a small dagger, rapidly skins each one and squeezes the juice out over the unconscious mage’s legs.

He then takes a length of bandage from Cyrus, who’s watching on in interest; the legs are bound quite well, the others agreeing that the priest’s handiwork looks most professional and Thuun will almost certainly be okay now. After all, priests are smart, educated  people, right?

(2) Turns out Lyu’s education stayed the hell away from herblore. Probably shouldn’t have rubbed jimsonweed into the wounds. The poisonous liquid rapidly soaks through the burned flesh, passing into the sort-of-functioning venous system. On the upside, it also kills the infection.

“Oh Gods, he’s having a seizure!” Felice yells, pushing Lyu aside as Thuun begins to shake uncontrollably. (4) Felice manages to pin Thuun down, collecting a couple of minor bruises on the way, but avoids serious injury. “Shit, his heart is going nuts!” the seaman shouts. “But he’s just not waking!”

Yup! Jimsonweed makes your heart race. In three turns, It also induces comas. And hallucinations. You won't die, but you won't wake up naturally.

Thuun’s eyes slowly open. He sits up to find himself lying on a huge expanse of black sand. Hills of obsidian rise all around him. A path seems to wind off to his left, through the jagged, lethally sharp rock. To his right is a lake of fire that extends for miles into the distance. He can only just see the far shore.

He looks up. The sky is a dark, scabrous red. Stars that gleam a sickly mustard yellow can be seen through the reddish sky, and clouds the colour of blood and ash glide over the sky. He looks down, at himself. His legs are whole. Odd. He also notes that he can see all of his legs… What the hell happened to his clothes? And his sword? And his… everything?

There’s a soft wailing in the background. It permeates the bloody night, worming into his skull. And through it all is this pitter-patter, pitter-patter. Feet? Perhaps he should move before whatever owns those feet can find him.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:06:43 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2013, 06:53:18 am »

You.

you, my friend, are one of a bloody kind, you weren't kidding when you said one step forward two steps back.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2013, 07:01:36 am »

You.

you, my friend, are one of a bloody kind, you weren't kidding when you said one step forward two steps back.

A compliment... I think.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 13, 2013, 07:02:21 am »

((That's pretty damn harsh for a 2, especially if you consider that I stipulated that Lyu wouldn't help Thuun if Ekoka stopped the bleeding.))

Hm. Regrettable! While others presumably help the guy, do no further harm. Instead, collect more of that jimsonweed - could be extremely useful. Gives visions, don't you know.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74