Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132241 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 19 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
« Reply #300 on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:13 am »

You said if Ekoka couldn't help. He couldn't, not for the legs, so away you went. But it is a bit harsh, isn't it? Hm. Maybe I'll ditch the 'sploding heart. But I'm going to keep him in the coma.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:07:49 am by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2013, 07:07:33 am »

Honestly, I've noticed that throughout all of this, the party has been doing the most damage of all, I'm serious, both life threatening situations BFEL has been in, it's been magics fault, I'm very interested in this kind of 'magic', it isn't a cure all, but it can get you out of sticky situations, but at the same time that's not to say it would blow up in your face.

Speaking of, what would have happened if that had rolled a 1? Douse his leg in thermite and gunpowder then roll his leg back in the lava? Now I want that to happen really
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 13, 2013, 07:12:00 am »

Well, if Ekoka had rolled a one then Thuun's chest probably would have imploded.  And if Lyu had rolled a one, then I'd have left in the bit about the bursting heart. Or maybe I'd have gotten Baldur to help... who, on a one, would have amputated.

And yeah, pretty much! Magic is dangerous. That's pretty consistent with the world - magic isn't a cure-all, it's a force of nature. Actually, in the original world there was no such thing as Life magic - healing came from elsewhere. I simply put it in so that the party could actually patch themselves up. Of course, I didn't expect hulkification or hand 'splosions to follow.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 13, 2013, 07:18:15 am »

Looking at it, the reason magic went nuts on wizards who originally enjoyed the fruits to be gained from it was from the moon splitting into three pieces, taking away the essence of the goddess of creation, but it never mentions where the three pieces ended up, hmmm....
This wouldn't be leading up to finding said pieces, would it?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 13, 2013, 07:41:18 am »

I do the impossible and get one measly experience point? :(

Use Earth Magic to give Thuun neat artificial legs. Use Life Magic to animate them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 13, 2013, 07:59:29 am »

Looking at it, the reason magic went nuts on wizards who originally enjoyed the fruits to be gained from it was from the moon splitting into three pieces, taking away the essence of the goddess of creation, but it never mentions where the three pieces ended up, hmmm....
This wouldn't be leading up to finding said pieces, would it?
The three pieces are just sorta hanging in the sky. They're terribly hard to miss.

Yeah, because I knew you'd be trying something like
Use Earth Magic to give Thuun neat artificial legs. Use Life Magic to animate them.
and if you pull that off, would end up getting double experience for mixing the elements. It'll be double points to earth 'cause that's the primary element (Like Thuun got for his little volcano shenanigans).
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 13, 2013, 08:55:59 am »

((I'm thinking maybe you should practice on something other then the "currently fixed but unconscious" guy before you make things worse. Because that's what will happen with almost certainty.))

Take off to the left, down the rock way. Use earth magic to harden feet against sharpness.

((Oh god if my magic actions translate over to the real world.....craaaaaaaap))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:28 am »

((I'm thinking maybe you should practice on something other then the "currently fixed but unconscious" guy before you make things worse. Because that's what will happen with almost certainty.))

((I would agree. How about making him a cool stone wheelchair instead?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 13, 2013, 09:45:43 am »

((That's just silly. :P
On a serious note: How on earth would I--crap, I can't believe I just thought that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 13, 2013, 10:41:57 am »

I'm thinking maybe you should practice on something other then the "currently fixed but unconscious" guy before you make things worse.

Worst comes to worst, he rolls a one. The earth magic inverts and suddenly you're launched a hundred feet into the air.

Okay, that actually is worse. Wow, I didn't actually think that was possible.

You know what I like best about you, BFEL? You always give me such good ideas.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 13, 2013, 10:46:07 am »

I'm thinking maybe you should practice on something other then the "currently fixed but unconscious" guy before you make things worse.
Worst comes to worst, he rolls a one. The earth magic inverts and suddenly you're launched a hundred feet into the air.

Okay, that actually is worse. Wow, I didn't actually think that was possible.
If that happens, I just need to use some kind of magic to catch him and he's no worse off than he was before. Unless I make him smash into the ground at a hundred and fifty miles per hour. That would be much worse.
Sig

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2013, 11:15:46 am »

If the man keeps convulsing, keep him pinned down. If he has stopped, go with the priest, make sure he doesn't get ambushed or something

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2013, 12:51:05 pm »

You know what I like best about you, BFEL? You always give me such good ideas.
((I'M HELPING!....to kill myself....I'm not really helping am I?))
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:19:01 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 13, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »

Continue being a productive member of the team!

By which I mean stand watch for any baddies.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 20 - Half-Assed Pauper's Grave
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »

Let’s give Thuun new rock legs! what could go wrong?

- Turn 20: Half-Assed Pauper’s Grave -

The itinerant priest has poisoned your healer, who’s now locked in some insane nightmare…

Hm. Regrettable! While others presumably help the guy, do no further harm. Instead, collect more of that jimsonweed - could be extremely useful. Gives visions, don't you know.
You… decide to stop helping. Instead you turn and gather a few of the strange fruits. You’re not entirely sure what they do, exactly, but maybe some deliciously poisonous fruits will be useful.

For, you know, something.

If the man keeps convulsing, keep him pinned down. If he has stopped, go with the priest, make sure he doesn't get ambushed or something
You get up, slowly. Thuun is still shaking, but not much; besides, Ekoka’s making with the magic again and you don’t want to be anywhere near that. You decide to follow the priest; he seems to be the only one here who comes out of every scrape unharmed.

(1) (Tails: Other Failure) You place your hands on Thuun’s thighs, trying to ignore the weird looks the others are giving you.

Ochre-coloured light pours out from beneath your hands. The ground underneath Thuun begins to soften! You leap up in surprise and watch as he sinks, foot first, into the ground. The sound is magnificently terrible, a hearty squelching sound like a pie being hit with a club in slow-motion, with delicate undertones of rampant screaming as the tortured rock is bent to your misguided will.

You hurriedly release your magic. The ground re-hardens and the awful sound stops. Thuun is now stuck in granite up to his waist. Awesome going.

(4) Your head thumps painfully! Ow. Too much magic. You probably shouldn’t do any magic for a little while. (For two turns, any magic will result in crippling pain)

Take off to the left, down the rock way. Use earth magic to harden feet against sharpness.
You reach out with your mind, but magic seems… gone. You reach out further, but you can’t even sense the moon! Any mage worth his salt can, but for some reason the moon no longer exists. And with that, no magic.

You sigh and turn away from the fiery lake and walk up the low, short hill. As you crest it…

What.

A herd of black and white giraffes gallop gaily through a field of orange wildflowers. The sky is a cerulean blue above you, little white puffy clouds scudding across the sky. The grass plain extends as far as the eye can see! Herds of multicoloured animals seem everywhere. Lions, that seem to be performing cabaret for an audience of pangolins in top hats. Zebras that are obviously drug dealers hiding under flat savannah trees, their red and blue stripes making them ludicrously noticeable… but the police-penguins just ignore them.

You turn back, only to find the hellscape gone; all you can see now is a very large, very angry rhinoceros. He’s pink, for some reason. And there’s a cute little daisy on the end of his horn. You think it’s growing out of his head.

The rhinoceros grunts and stamps his feet.

Continue being a productive member of the team!
You turn away from the amusing scene of people fondling the prone Life mage, single eye scanning the forest. There’s a terrible squelching sound from behind you, like all of the people in the world just spontaneously jumped into a pot of custard; you turn back to find Thuun up to his waist in solid rock.

Well, you didn’t expect that.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)

Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74