Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132264 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 20 - Half-Assed Pauper's Grave
« Reply #330 on: December 15, 2013, 12:03:14 am »

Hadn't, not havn't.

And, so far, two that hurt me alone and five that were successes to various degrees. Nothing near
every time you cast magic one of our team ends up hurt XD
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 15, 2013, 02:41:27 am »

HYPERBOLE.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 15, 2013, 02:48:37 am »

Even then, you were off by about a... Hmm, so he used magic in twenty turns... 15 times, he screwed up... 3 times, huh, I think I missed something, nope, apparently not, so 20% of screwing up with magic, that's an acceptable number really.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 15, 2013, 02:51:34 am »

While the others screw around, gather other plants of value and use! Even if said value and use is dubious!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 15, 2013, 04:14:39 am »

While the others screw around, gather other plants of value and use! Even if said value and use is dubious!

(1) You decide to personally sample each plant in the forest, working off of Skyrim logic.

This does not end well.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 15, 2013, 09:53:47 am »

(1) You decide to personally sample each plant in the forest, working off of Skyrim logic.

This does not end well.
Is he chasing the Rhino chasing me?

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 15, 2013, 10:30:52 am »

Even then, you were off by about a... Hmm, so he used magic in twenty turns... 15 times, he screwed up... 3 times, huh, I think I missed something, nope, apparently not, so 20% of screwing up with magic, that's an acceptable number really.
Since both 1's and 6's tend to cause screwups, that's nicely above-average.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 15, 2013, 10:35:18 am »

Since both 1's and 6's tend to cause screwups, that's nicely above-average.

On that note: Ones don't always cause magic to invert. It's a 50/50 thing to keep life interesting.

And yeah, so far Ekoka's been doing rather nicely with magic. The others have rolled surprisingly few 1's, but hopefully once the sanity trait is introduced that'll change. I want one of you to go mad, damn it!

This does not end well.
Communal dreams? Hah, that'd make your escape too easy.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 15, 2013, 10:53:14 am »

This does not end well.

Did that actually happen, or are you simply messing around? I figure it's best to ask.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:02 am »

Haha, no, just messing around! I haven't written the new turn up at all. Although if you do in fact roll a 1 that is possibly what might happen. Unless I think up something more amusing.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 15, 2013, 11:34:43 am »

having decided that he really, really did not want to mess with anything magical any time soon, Felice will help the priest with what he is doing

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2013, 02:54:39 pm »

"Did I miss something?"

Try to pull Thuun out of ground. Carefully, of course.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2013, 07:42:57 pm »

This does not end well.
Communal dreams? Hah, that'd make your escape too easy.
((Was more going on the thing about drug use is sometimes called "Chasing the Dragon" or somesuch))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 21 - Fool Me Once/Fool Me Twice
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2013, 03:52:45 am »

Thuun gets high, Ekoka gets smart and Lyu and Felice feed off of each others’ stupidity.

- Turn 21: Fool Me Once/Fool Me Twice -

Thuun is buried up to his waist in the rock, Lyu is picking flowers and Ekoka is nursing one hell of a hangover. A normal day in an RtD…

"Ow! Double (insert Southerner curse here). Sorry, Thuun, I didn't mean to do that..."

Clutch and rest my head. Plan a spell to make a hovering rock, in hopes of getting a bonus when I actually do so.
“Ow! Double $&%@!!” you yell, clutching your head. On the far side of the mountains to the south, your mother pales and reaches absently for the soap.

“Sorry, Thuun… Didn’t mean to do that,” you apologise to the distinctly comatose mage. You’ve read somewhere that people in comas can still hear you. Hopefully you won’t need to apologise again when he wakes, since that’d be awkward.

You sit down, far away from Thuun to nurse your aching head. To pull your thoughts in, you try and slowly construct a spell in your mind. You want to make a rock levitate, damn it! It slowly pieces together in your mind.

New Ability Gained: Slow Cast! If you take two turns to cast a spell, it will always have the dynamic bonus applied - Unless it’s way too complex.

Having decided that he really, really did not want to mess with anything magical any time soon, Felice will help the priest with what he is doing
Felice and Lyu wander together through the forest. “You know,” the priest starts. “We have a fairytale like this. Two kids wander through forest, picking fruit. Find a witch. She captures them and eats them.” the priest seems way too cheerful about this.

Felice glares at the priest. “You’re not helping.”

(1) Lyu finds some small red berries! “Hey, these look delicious!” he exclaims. He immediately picks and crams about five into his mouth.

(2) Felice doesn’t recognise them, so he shrugs and apes the priest, but daintily selects merely one to eat. One shouldn’t be too bad.

"Did I miss something?"

Try to pull Thuun out of ground. Carefully, of course.
The priest and the seaman (You chuckle, remembering a tawdry ballad from Shas Cyrra) have wandered off, leaving you with the half life mage. “Did I miss something?” you ask aloud, eyeing Thuun. “Huh. Well. Um.” Shrugging, you bend down and loop your arms through his armpits and heave.

(4) You pull gently, but not too gently. The man’s a life mage, he can fix what’s broke. Probably. Anyway, you slowly begin to drag him out of the ground. You manage to pull him out to about his knees, so he can at least sort of sit on the ground now.

You’re about to pull him up further when you hear a horrified screaming from the forest. Lyu and Felice burst back into the clearing, screaming and frothing at the mouth!

”OHGODWHYDIDIEATCHILLIES!”

RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNSAVEMEPENGUINPOLICE!
You break into an all-out sprint down the waving plain of grass as the rhinoceros behind you begins to stamp his feet. The ground beneath your feet begins to shake as he charges! You can feel him getting nearer and nearer. You sprint through the trees and hurtle straight off a cliff!

You immediately faceplant into a mudpool. You slowly straighten up and look around, almost unsurprised that the area has changed again. The pool of mud is actually a green rug. What. It’s a rug. Made of wool. How did you… What?

You look around. The woolen rug is on top of a building. You’ve never been on a building this high before. You look over the edge and immediately recoil; the ground is so far below that the trees look like blades of grass. The building must scrape against the very sky! You reach up hesitantly, but can’t touch the sky. Even here, at the top of the world, it’s out of reach.

You stand. To your left and right is the dizzying drop; in front of you is a small trapdoor. Huh. Apart from the ridiculous height of the building, the world is more… normal. Why is there nothing dangerous here? What’s going on? Are you slowly waking up? (No)

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 08:35:31 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 21 - Fool Me Once/Fool Me Twice
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2013, 04:24:46 am »

You are so good at this, I was expecting the fruits to be poison but now pretty much everyone has injuries that they themselves have inflicted upon themselves, I'm curious how if ever you introduce these people to your own little story because the best I can see is in the time periods Guinness book world records of screw ups.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74