Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 130180 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 21 - Fool Me Once/Fool Me Twice
« Reply #360 on: December 16, 2013, 09:04:08 pm »

Mine is the one with the mooks. Not all of the mooks, but a lot of them.

((You're both faces with a yellow-orange-ey color scheme!))

Also a rotating avatar, of which a minority are yellow/orange.

EDIT: Heck, some of them aren't even human!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:14:13 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 16, 2013, 09:21:09 pm »

And I'm now the one with a Zero Punctuation avatar.
D: The previous page is quickly approaching a critical level of yellowness with both GWG's and my avatars.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 17, 2013, 02:50:44 am »

"Well, that was enlighteningly stupid of me! I suppose I require milk now!"

Don't go looking for milk. Instead, take the burning like a cheery holy man.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2013, 02:52:16 am »

Stampede of cows, stampede of cows, stampede of cows...
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2013, 05:13:36 am »

Stampede of cows, stampede of cows, stampede of cows...

Sadly, Lyu has learned his lesson: he sucks at first aid.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2013, 10:10:41 am »

Realizing that eating habareno-expy-berries was not, in fact, a good idea Felice will now try to bear the burning sensation like a man, and otherwise just scan his surroundings

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 17, 2013, 11:25:54 am »

((It's "jabañero". Or possibly "jalapeño". Or "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 17, 2013, 02:17:12 pm »

((I was thinking more along the habareno, with it's 300,000 scovilles. Not quite where the scorpion is at with its >1,000,000 scovilles, but then we're not exacly fainting on the spot, yet.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 17, 2013, 02:49:32 pm »

((Oh. I thought you types "habanero," not "habareno".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 22 - Plot?
« Reply #369 on: December 17, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »

Welp.

- Turn 22: Plot? -

Lyu and Felice ate some chillis, Ekoka thought hard and Baldur actually helped Thuun, unlike everyone else. Let us continue...

"Well, that was enlighteningly stupid of me! I suppose I require milk now!"

Don't go looking for milk. Instead, take the burning like a cheery holy man.
"Well. That was enlighteningly stupid of me." You grumble and spit, trying to get the burn out of your mouth. You resolve to sit and wait the burn out like a real man and so plonk yourself down next to the unconscious and slightly-buried Lao Thuun. You briefly contemplate feeding him a chilli to see if that wakes him up.

Realizing that eating habareno-expy-berries was not, in fact, a good idea Felice will now try to bear the burning sensation like a man, and otherwise just scan his surroundings
You grunt and spit heavily, otherwise cursing like a good and proper sailor. As you fill the air with truly sulphurous words, you scan the surroundings.  Nope, nothi-(5) There's something over there! It gleams prettily.

Sigh. Focus on casting a spell which would give Thuun a plume of wind he can control to make him levitate.
"Eeeeehhhhhhhhhh." You sigh in a most dramatic fashion and roll your eyes at the priest and the seaman. Shrugging, you turn your mind back to the solution of the buried mage.

(4) Success! You're pretty sure that you've worked out how to help him levitate. He'll need some pretty good skill in wind magic to use it, though.

On the upshot, you can cast it no problem.

Slow Cast success! Next turn, you can cast Wind Levitation and receive a guaranteed dynamic bonus.

"Shit, when did I become the responsible one?"

Keep pulling Thuun out of the ground. Alternatively, if Lyu and Felice do anything stupid/dangerous, tackle them to the ground.
Lyu and Felice seem to have calmed down and decided to take it like men, so you turn your attentions back to the buried Life mage. You lever your arms under his again and pull.

(1) You pull Thuun from the ground!

No, not out of the ground. From the ground. You belatedly notice that his legs, from the knees down, stayed embedded. A delicious smell fills the air, like perfectly-roasted pork. The smell makes your stomach rumble slightly, until you work out that it's coming from his well-done legs that juts tore apart like cheesecake.

Oops.

SurprisinglyobviousforitsnamesakeTRAPDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
As you open the trapdoor, there is a terrible ripping sound and you feel a wrenching in your legs. The sudden sensation makes you tumble head-first through the open trapdoor into darkness...

You tumble through the air for a second before you hit the ground. Hard. You're in the middle of a plain again, although this one seems slightly more sane than the last one. You see a few people out hunting. Wait, they're elves! Huh. Are you in the real world now? What's going on?

The sun is high above you. It must be close to midday. This sun seems... Yellower than usual. Almost like... Huh. It's the old sun! Solvarion's physical avatar hangs in the sky above you. Your chest, where the Amulet normally rests against your skin, tingles. Is this... A message?

But Solvarion is dead.

A door hangs in the air behind you. None of the surrounding creatures take note of it. Either this is a very weird dream, or this is something else and that door isn't there, not really.

A voice whispers in your mind.
"I advise you to flee, young mage. Your fate is tied up in this and the knowledge you would gain from watching could prove invaluable. But there is always a cost and you may find it too much, young healer."

The door hangs open and inviting. There is only blackness through it, leading to the next dream. You know if you tarry, that door will shut. In every dream, you have chosen to flee instead of stand. What will you do now?

Through all of this, Cyrus had been standing around watching the surroundings.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:31:35 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2013, 12:01:59 am »

Cast the spell on Thuun, letting him fly! And, you know, move under his own power. When he wakes up. Until then, it'll make him easier to carry without dragging him!
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2013, 12:11:15 am »

Take the advise of the dead Sun God and get the hell out.

((Goddamn it USEC :P. I'm starting to think I need to get some permanent regeneration spell-bility just to keep up with all the crazy injuries that I attract like flies XD
Hint-Hint Niccolo :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2013, 12:28:26 am »

((Goddamn it USEC :P. I'm starting to think I need to get some permanent regeneration spell-bility just to keep up with all the crazy injuries that I attract like flies XD
((Alright, I'll get right on it!))
Sig

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2013, 12:39:53 am »

Cast the spell on Thuun, letting him fly! And, you know, move under his own power. When he wakes up. Until then, it'll make him easier to carry without dragging him!
You'll have to concentrate on the spell, which will likely incur a penalty to other magic until Thuun wakes up and can control it himself. You're not quite good enough to let the running spell just sit at the back of your mind, unlike with alacrity. Hold it for a few turns and it'll become second nature, though.

Huh. I was about to tell you what'd happen on a six when I remembered you have a dynamic bonus. Damn, I wanted him to fly off Team Rocket style.

Take the advise of the dead Sun God and get the hell out.

I reckon if you can cast Wisp with better than a 6 you might find something to your liking.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2013, 12:44:37 am »

You'll have to concentrate on the spell, which will likely incur a penalty to other magic until Thuun wakes up and can control it himself. You're not quite good enough to let the running spell just sit at the back of your mind, unlike with alacrity. Hold it for a few turns and it'll become second nature, though.

Huh. I was about to tell you what'd happen on a six when I remembered you have a dynamic bonus. Damn, I wanted him to fly off Team rocket style, damn.
We're blasting of againnnnn... *ping*

It's much less funny when you figure out so much electrical interference would give them constant strokes, not to mention how many fractures and spine breakages they might have had.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 74