Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 131989 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 23 - Nope, No Plot
« Reply #390 on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:48 am »

((Hmm...return me to the dream world? Suddenly I'm not so sure about that last decision :P))

Well screw it, TIME FOR SLICING AND DICING! That is, yknow, if I have a weapon. If not then just run away again :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 19, 2013, 08:32:12 am »

"Stubborn, aren't they?"

Keep trying! This stuff would make amazing bait for woodland creatures.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 19, 2013, 09:02:20 am »

"Jackpot. This reminds me somewhat of home."

Put on the bracelet, then go stand next to cyrus and also watch our surroundings. Ask him how he's doing

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 19, 2013, 09:44:16 am »

"Stubborn, aren't they?"

Oh sweet Jesus.

((Hmm...return me to the dream world? Suddenly I'm not so sure about that last decision :P))
Yeeeaaaah. My thoughts: "Hmm. I can finally kick him out of the dream world AND introduce some plot! Awesome, I got a twofe-Oh, wait, no, he's deciding to leg it. Goddamnit. Oh well, I guess I'll just try and kill him off now."
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 19, 2013, 09:56:04 am »

"Goddamn it. Can we hurry up and get the hell out of here before more of those demons show up?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 19, 2013, 09:59:59 am »

"Goddamn it. Can we hurry up and get the hell out of here before more of those demons show up?"

"Be right there, just have to make sure there's no flesh left behind!"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2013, 10:00:56 am »

Baldur sighs, sits in the carriage and places his head in his hands.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 22 - Plot?
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:56 am »

Keep up the good work! If I could update this frequently and non-terribly and didn't always let 10 times as many players as I should join, and probably if I stopped overthinking everything which would probably help the update speed thing actually I would be one of the best GMs on Bay12.

It's a show that features a magical turtle that could solve every water shortage problem forever, another that can punch you so hard you hit the moon and a special move that not only renders entire money-based economies broken but is perfectly legal and used only for the purposes of beating others up..
I don't see why logic would even apply.
((Don't be silly.
Only one of those is a turtle, and it was a video game first.))

Quick! Everybody start talking about Pokemon from their description alone!
How about the whale-ray thing that wants to flood the world, and the dinosaur thing that wants to parch it?

"Well, that was almost as unpleasant as that time I was in the middle of sea when both the flu and scurvy broke out amongst the crew. Fun times and explosive Diarrhea for all."
"I really don't need the distractions..."
(You know only one color is actually applied, right?)

Ekoka joins him.
"I know. Idiots. All of them."

Ekoka rises from the carriage, before climbing on top of it. This probably wasn't needed, but it would certainly be more dramatic. And you never know. He then prepares a spell that would let them get out of this hellhole.

Focus on casting a spell similar to Alacrity, which will propel the carriage rather than accelerating my movements.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:29 am »

Baldur grunts in response.

Wait for everyone else to get ready.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:03 am »

I really don't know why you're all so attached to the carriage. Note to self: Next time, destroy their transport more thoroughly.

Keep up the good work! If I could update this frequently and non-terribly and didn't always let 10 times as many players as I should join, and probably if I stopped overthinking everything which would probably help the update speed thing actually I would be one of the best GMs on Bay12.

Thanks! :D More fuel for my ego!
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2013, 10:47:51 am »

I really don't know why you're all so attached to the carriage. Note to self: Next time, destroy their transport more thoroughly.

It's a landmark, I suppose. Even if you smashed it into rubble, we'd still gather around it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2013, 10:50:11 am »

I really don't know why you're all so attached to the carriage.
It can carry more stuff than we can, more easily, and if I get this thing working more quickly. Heck, we could even keep moving while everyone except Ekoka slept.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 24 - Riding the Dragon
« Reply #402 on: December 20, 2013, 04:56:49 am »

FRIGGING FINALLY.

Note to self, addendum: Next dream sequence, don’t require Inception style methods to leave it.

- Turn 24: Riding the Dragon -
You’ve been still for too long. It’s time to move, very soon…

"Stubborn, aren't they?"

“Stubborn, aren’t they?” you remark to anybody listening before crouching and getting a really good grip on Thuun’s tibias.

"Goddamn it. Can we hurry up and get the hell out of here before more of those demons show up?" Baldur growls from behind you.

"Be right there, just have to make sure there's no flesh left behind!" You focus back on the bones. You heave! (1) The tibias shatter and you stumble backwards, still holding jagged shards of bone. The sudden lack of resistance makes your hands fly up, releasing the bones.

(6) The bones tumble through the air before one jaggedly stabs through your right foot like a knife through butter. The other tumbles through the air towards Felice as he exits the surrounding forest!

Congratulations.

Your right foot is punctured and bleeding! you’re going to have trouble walking, running or doing much of anything foot related. Good thing you already have a staff, hm? You won’t bleed out quickly, but the pain is also damn distracting.

"Jackpot. This reminds me somewhat of home."

Put on the bracelet, then go stand next to cyrus and also watch our surroundings. Ask him how he's doing
“Jackpot!” you crow, slipping the bracelet on. It tingles like mad. “This reminds me somewhat of home!” As it slips on you feel almost as though your mind is expanding. It’s weird. You can hear the rustling of the leaves in the trees. Each individual leaf.Shrugging, you turn and head back through the bush. As you push aside a branch, a ragged, sharp-looking blade comes slowly tumbling through the air towards you. You reach out and catch it effortlessly. “What the hell?”

You eye the destroyed legs and the bleeding priest before it clicks that it’s Thuun’s bone that just flew at you. “UGH!” you yell, dropping it. You cautiously edge around the priest before sidling up next to Cyrus. “Hi there,” you greet as you survey the surroundings..

He nods in greeting to you. “Nice bracelet. Never noticed you wearing that before…?”

You chuckle. “It’s new.” You slip it off and hand it over; the tingles fade. The world feels slightly smaller.

Cyrus’ eyebrows rocket up. “You just casually found a magical artefact, lying in the bush?” he asks incredulously. He angles the bracelet to show you the designs. “Limerete magic.” He goes off on a tangent, guessing at the meaning of the different runes. He taps one mark, the one he calls the ‘master’ rune. “I don’t recognise this one, though.”
You glance at it. It’s Limerete, not some magical rune. “Kidzuku. It means Perceive.” You chuckle at his bemused look. “It’s a Limerete character. Of course I can read it.”

He hands it back and you slip it on, allowing your mind to open once more. “If I’m right… Well, you notice the world better, don’t you?” You nod, gloriously taking in the world around you.

Artifact gained! Kidzuku is a bracelet that enhances your perceptions of the world. You passively gain +1 to dodging or otherwise neutralising any ranged attack. You can also focus your senses on your surroundings (+1 to search/noticing rolls), although to do so can be quite distracting, so this bonus doesn’t apply unless you specifically mention it.

You sigh as yet another party member manages to injure himself. “Rampel grant me strength,” you mutter, invoking the patron angel of Cylenia.

Ekoka joins him.
"I know. Idiots. All of them."

Ekoka rises from the carriage, before climbing on top of it. This probably wasn't needed, but it would certainly be more dramatic. And you never know. He then prepares a spell that would let them get out of this hellhole.

Focus on casting a spell similar to Alacrity, which will propel the carriage rather than accelerating my movements.
“Idiots, all of them,“ you mutter to Baldur, waving a hand at the rest of the party. He grunts in response and looks pointedly at the spot where you sank Thuun up to his waist in the ground. You reply by patting Thuun’s leg, just above where Baldur severed them.

Moving on, you climb on top of the carriage that somehow doesn’t give way under your weight, even though the roof was never made to hold people. You adopt a mystical-looking meditative pose as you focus on modifying Alacrity to move the whole carriage.

(4) Pieces fall into place. You rise to your feet, the air around you tingling with power. You can do this.

Well screw it, TIME FOR SLICING AND DICING! That is, yknow, if I have a weapon. If not then just run away again :P
“SCREW THIS!” you yell at the dragon. You knock the man’s table over, sending his top flying; in one sharp movement you snap a leg off and brandish it like a club at the dragon. The giant lizard inches closer, his long, snakelike neck contorting as his head - which is the size of a horse - glides towards you. Fire spills from around the monster’s lips. Razor-sharp fangs as long as your arm gleam with saliva as the dragon’s jaw opens slightly. Is… is it drooling? Ew.

“RAAAARGH!” You scream, more in fright than in rage, and bravely leap at the dragon. Somehow you avoid its snapping jaws; you grab one horn and swing up on top of its head and begin laying into its snout with your club. The dragon roars in pain and shakes its head viciously; you whip through the air, but manage to cling on tightly.

In an effort to dislodge you the dragon’s wings snap out and within seconds you’re airborne. The beast lurches beneath you and suddenly the ground is rushing away; a wave of vertigo tears through your stomach. You continue beating the dragon furiously with your stick, savaging the beast’s snout.

The ground is almost a mile away now. You try and not pay attention to the fact that you are now in the clouds. You focus solely on the dragon, not even questioning the wisdom of beating the one thing keeping you alive.

“I shall release your mind back into the web of dreams...“ The words tumble through the back of your mind for a moment. Dream? really?

This is a dream? Then…

“SWORD!” You bark at the stick. Suddenly it’s no longer a stick but your bronze sword, gleaming in the golden sunlight like the day you forged it. The dragon’s head whips around dizzyingly; you almost fall. As it is, you slide backwards down its neck. You wrap your arms around the neck as well, barely staying on.

You growl and stab your bronze sword deep into the dragon’s neck. The beast roars, a roar so loud that the reverberations knock you loose. You tumble through the air and away from the only thing keeping you aloft. The ground is far, far below you. A screech above you; you look up only to catch a blast of fire as the dying dragon swoops down towards you. All-consuming heat wraps you in blazing pain. You feel your skin charring, your flesh burning, even your bones crumbling…

All that is left is your soul. As a bright spark of light, you continue to plummet downwards. Above you the dragon itself finally dies as well, its body too burning away until all that is left is a blazing comet. The comet smashes into you with the force of an avalanche and again you are consumed by burning light.

You feel a voice in your being once more.
”You rose to my challenge, young mage. I give you my strength for the trials ahead.” The voice - and the comet of fire - fades, leaving you and the rapidly-approaching ground. The ground fills your vision… and you startle awake. You remember the dream so vividly, so clearly. It’s astonishing. You can remember the strength of that dragon, the strength of its soul as it collided with you… In fact, you can still feel its furious strength, burning inside you.

Ability Gained: Dragon Aspect (Level 1)! The strength of the dragon that you beat the stuffing out of burns inside of you. Gain +1 to strength and fire- and light-magic rolls. This ability fades if you become very cold.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:33:22 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 20, 2013, 05:06:54 am »

I saw that I title and I expected so much.

I was not disappointed, speaking of, that was a cool artifact, so the tingling did have a reason, too bad you didn't get to have some story from the sequence there.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 20, 2013, 05:28:32 am »

Yeah, the tingling had a good reason.

Seriously though, if he had rolled anything but a 5 he'd have lucked out. It would have been gold or something. Felice is damn lucky.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74