Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 130187 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 24 - Riding the Dragon
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2013, 05:47:01 am »

"Ah! Those are some very sharp bones!"

Collect shards of bone - if these can easily pierce a foot without any real force put behind them, they should be pretty dangerous. Particularly the one that did pierce my foot. Also, bind foot with available materials.

"Say, does anybody want to help with my bleeding foot? It's a bit of a liability presently."

If my foot is successfully bound by the end of the turn, get moving!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:59:32 am by Harry Baldman »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2013, 05:50:27 am »

This is perfect, it's like: "shit, my foot has been stabbed through by a shard of Tibia bone from someone's well done legs while I was trying to tear it from the ground, I'll make those into blades!"
Seriously, everything the GM wants to happen, you seem to want to do the opposite, not that it's not funny however.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 20, 2013, 05:55:00 am »

This is perfect, it's like: "shit, my foot has been stabbed through by a shard of Tibia bone from someone's well done legs while I was trying to tear it from the ground, I'll make those into blades!"
Seriously, everything the GM wants to happen, you seem to want to do the opposite, not that it's not funny however.

((Come on, the shard fell onto my foot and went through it like a knife through butter - it went through bone. While falling, without anybody actually putting their weight behind it. If that's not some kind of holy artifact right there, I don't know what is.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2013, 06:00:48 am »

I don't see that changing the fact you are using tibia bones from a comatose man who had been torn from his legs after being trapped in a half assed paupers grave AFTER turning his legs into Mc'burnt steak legs and then being fed a special herb that sent him into a coma.

Great going guys.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2013, 06:11:45 am »

"Ah! Those are some very sharp bones!"

Collect shards of bone - if these can easily pierce a foot without any real force put behind them, they should be pretty dangerous. Particularly the one that did pierce my foot. Also, bind foot with available materials.

"Say, does anybody want to help with my bleeding foot? It's a bit of a liability presently."

If my foot is successfully bound by the end of the turn, get moving!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Anyway, the shard went through your foot, yes, but so does jagged glass. It missed your bones. By the way, if you had rolled a one on the target you'd have lost an eye.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2013, 06:17:54 am »

((Aw. Well, I'll be making holy artifacts out of those anyway, thank you very much. When Thuun's career really takes off, these'll be going at a premium!))

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2013, 06:47:05 am »

((Aw. Well, I'll be making holy artifacts out of those anyway, thank you very much. When Thuun's career really takes off, these'll be going at a premium!))

Yeah, I just realised that I might have accidentally turned Thuun into Maska's messiah. It's a Christmas miracle!

And then it hits: This is THUUN.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59:28 am »

“You just casually found a magical artefact, lying in the bush?”
((I had a hard time not laughing out loud when I read this. I love the style you write in, it's very amusing to read. also, yay, magical shiny))

"Old man, you really should be more careful"

Go to Lyu and help him with his foot. When he's ready to move to the rest of the group, support him if his foot can't take his weight

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 23 - Nope, No Plot
« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2013, 09:03:52 am »

"Stubborn, aren't they?"

Keep trying! This stuff would make amazing bait for woodland creatures.
Oh sweet Jesus.

((Hmm...return me to the dream world? Suddenly I'm not so sure about that last decision :P))
Yeeeaaaah. My thoughts: "Hmm. I can finally kick him out of the dream world AND introduce some plot! Awesome, I got a twofe-Oh, wait, no, he's deciding to leg it. Goddamnit. Oh well, I guess I'll just try and kill him off now."

((In my defense, you literally had THE SUN GOD TELL ME ITS A GOOD IDEA TO GET OUT. I'm not a religious person, but Thuun IS, so it stands to reason that he would follow that instruction. Also OOC the *GM* was telling me to GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE YOU DIE. At least that is how it seemed to be worded at the time.

Also I find it hilarious that my character is now apparently the Dragonborn, especially considering how close his name is to Thu'um, a.k.a. the dragon shout powers :P))

“You just casually found a magical artefact, lying in the bush?”
((I had a hard time not laughing out loud when I read this. I love the style you write in, it's very amusing to read. also, yay, magical shiny))

"Old man, you really should be more careful"

Go to Lyu and help him with his foot. When he's ready to move to the rest of the group, support him if his foot can't take his weight

((Oh yes, that one guy has a small hole in his foot, better go help him. Meanwhile: Tug of war for the comatose healers crispy legs. WHEN DID THIS BECOME DWARF FORTRESS?))

Ask Solvarion if I'm awake yet, and if not how to wake up. Once awake exclaim in pain before looking down and yelling out "WHAT THE FUCKING MONKEY BALL SWEATSHOPS HAPPENED TO MY LEGS?!?!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2013, 09:10:00 am »

((I don't see how I can help you with those legs, honestly. I mean, this is a kinda of shitty situation, seeing as you're our life mage. Couldn't Ekoka try some life magic?))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:41 am »

((I don't see how I can help you with those legs, honestly. I mean, this is a kinda of shitty situation, seeing as you're our life mage. Couldn't Ekoka try some life magic?))

STOP. HELPING. ME. PLEASE.

This goes for all of you :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:19:54 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 23 - Nope, No Plot
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2013, 09:42:08 am »

((In my defense, you literally had THE SUN GOD TELL ME ITS A GOOD IDEA TO GET OUT. I'm not a religious person, but Thuun IS, so it stands to reason that he would follow that instruction. Also OOC the *GM* was telling me to GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE YOU DIE. At least that is how it seemed to be worded at the time.

Also I find it hilarious that my character is now apparently the Dragonborn, especially considering how close his name is to Thu'um, a.k.a. the dragon shout powers :P))

Yeeeaaaah. I'd kinda hoped Thuun would look at it as a test of character or stay for curiosity's sake, but I guess I got too ambiguous there. Yup. I was sorely tempted to change the exit conditions away from "you have to die to wake up", but then you decided to fight the dragon and I thought "Fuck that, I can make awesome happen."

And yes. I think your name - and the fact I'm currently playing Skyrim for my 430th hour (Don't judge me D:) - factored heavily into what new ability I came up with for you.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 20, 2013, 10:49:39 am »

GreatWyrmGold's Patented OOC-Only PostTM

Maybe once I finish--

STOP. HELPING. ME. PLEASE.

This goes for all of you :P
Oh alright. But if you get knocked out I'm healing you anyways. Also we're getting you a wheelchair.

And yes. I think your name - and the fact I'm currently playing Skyrim for my 430th hour (Don't judge me D:) - factored heavily into what new ability I came up with for you.
He shouldn't be complaining. (unless he overshoots his fire spells).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 20, 2013, 10:51:13 am »

Wait for everyone to finish what they're doing.

((*shrug* I'm more or less ready to go.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2013, 10:52:03 am »

GreatWyrmGold's Patented IC-Only PostTM

"Everyone to the carriage, please!"

Continue focusing on the spell. If, somehow, everyone actually does get to the carriage before the end of the turn, cast it and start heading for civilization.

((It just occurred to me..how will we prove our story? I mean, what kind of demigod can slay 20 demons? At once?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 74