Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 130193 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 25 - To the Village!
« Reply #450 on: December 24, 2013, 03:01:40 pm »

"Hmpfh. Just asking..."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 31, 2013, 06:28:30 pm »

((SO is this updating tomorrow or the next day? BECAUSE TOMORROW IS NEW YEAR.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 31, 2013, 09:56:32 pm »

WHOO! Happy new year, you lot! Hope y'all didn't kill too many liver cells. Me, I helped build a chicken pen. Oh yeah, check out my mad party style.

Anyway, we're updating just as soon as you've all checked in. I'm just missing Pancaek for the moment.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2013, 10:06:37 pm »

I love my chickens, I have five of them and they are so cute! I also have a kitten who just views those chickens with no small amount of envy.

When you see them in action, you wonder why anyone kills them.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 01, 2014, 09:31:46 am »

((sorry about that))

Get out of the carriage, intently look around for anything out of of place. Listen more closely to that voice

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 01, 2014, 10:35:51 am »

Welcome back, all of you!

I'll write up the update tomorrow evening (GMT+8), since it's nearly midnight here and I don't think you guys want midnight-writing. It'd be all "You did this" rather than my usual half-decent prose. Aaaaand there's a chicken coop to build tomorrow during the day.

BUT IT WILL GET WRITTEN!
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 01, 2014, 10:44:34 am »

It's pretty easy to see why people eat chickens. They're easy to take care of, willing to eat easily-found material that humans cannot eat (bugs they find), and have nice byproducts (eggs, feathers).

Also, whoo updates.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 01, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »

It's pretty easy to see why people eat chickens. They're easy to take care of, willing to eat easily-found material that humans cannot eat (bugs they find), and have nice byproducts (eggs, feathers).

Also, whoo updates.

((....What exactly do the feathers get used for?? I've never even HEARD of something being made with chicken feathers :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 01, 2014, 10:11:20 pm »

Golf balls. Once upon a time.
Check out my RtD!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2014, 10:23:04 pm »

Icarus's wings could have been much more cheaply manufactured, that's for sure.

"come now and get the latest edition of Icarus wings! Fall out of the sky with style!"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 26 - Sunlight
« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2014, 07:53:10 am »

Holy shit. Thuun… Oh jeez.

- Turn 26: Sunlight -

You’ve found the village and someone is calling for help. What do you do…?

Avoid crashing. Descend from atop the carriage, carefully to avoid issues from the cramps.
You shakily climb down from atop the carriage. Your muscles feel a little weak as the adrenaline from the rapid ride fades. "That was...fun. Definitely swift."

You massage your right forearm gently. the pain is fading, but you can’t quite control your arm just yet. It’s still a little stiff.

Thuun continues thinking about his latest vision...Life is obvious, but why Fire and Light? Fire...and...Light....His thoughts turn to his previous experience, wherein he was granted the aspect of a dragon, which included the domains he needs to see the spell come to fruition!

He focuses his mind on the needed elements, letting them flow into his blade for amplification, then passing the sword slowly along the length of where his legs should be, intent on drawing outward the aspect of that mighty creature inside him and binding it seamlessly to the rest of his flesh, inch by inch if need be.

Fire… Light… Hmm… You turn your mind inwards, mentally touching the raging flame of the dragon within your soul. “Hmm…” You wonder if the dragon aspect drew your mind towards those two magical elements. Maybe.

Well.

“I wonder…” You ponder your legs. They’re partially destroyed, but you’ve seen worse wounds healed! Time to try it out.

The matrix of the spell begins to form in your mind. A web of Life, spiralling green lines and whorls delicately pick out the shape of your body. It’s the simplest Life action in the world, simply sensing the Life within your own body.

Unbidden, sigils for Light bloom like flowers throughout the spell matrix, followed swiftly by traceries of fire. The light and fire combine to form sigils of heat and warmth; as one drifts past a green Life line, you see it warp into a sigil for growth, like the Sun’s light shining onto a plant.

Of course. The Sun. Solvarion, your patron God, represents Fire and Light bringing forth Life. It couldn’t be that simple, could it? You decide to give it a try.

(4+1=5) Green whorls form around your body, slowly and carefully. The magic just… dribbles out of you. You’re glowing now, with an emerald green haze.

You lift your sword and focus Light and Fire magic into the blade. (Lt: 2+1+1+1=5, Fi: 5+1+1-1=6) (Holy hell) The bronze sword begins to glow, dully at first and then up to a blazing golden light. The light itself makes you feel so amazingly good! You pass the blade down the length of your body, letting the fiery light kindle the green haze.

Simmering tongues of flame spiral around you, delicately tracing your form out. You draw out the Dragon within you, letting it too catch alight and meld with your body.

Before your eyes, the cuts all down your arms seal and fade as the light touches them. Your aches and pains, left overs from years of magic, are burned away by the healing light. And then the light touches your stumps.

Flakes of charred skin fall away, revealing pink and healthy skin. Abrasions, cuts and tears seal up. Your stumps are now sealed up tightly, new and pink and healthy - and you have kneecaps again! Awesome. Weirdly, the dead parts are still dead - but before your eyes, Life begins to flow into them again. You see the green spell matrix begin to fill in those parts under the healing light.

You bid the light to leave your skin and enter your flesh; it does so, setting your legs alight with a dull red glow. You can feel the healing continuing very slowly within you. You won’t be able to cast any other magic for as long as this spell is active and drawing your power, but it is healing your dead flesh - and eventually, your lower legs may just grow back!

Active state: Regenerative magic. No other magic can be cast for as long as this is active.

+1 experience to Fire magic! (The others didn’t naturally roll a five)

AWESOME! You’re now Level 1 in Fire magic! You can now generally control fire in a cone of about twenty feet as well as attempt to put out most fires with just your will.

Baldur gingerly steps out of the carriage and looks around.

You creep out of the carriage and look around. The gate of the village stands in front of you, shut to trespass but not sturdily locked. Behind you, the forest is mostly quiet save for some rustling. Really unnerving rustling. Maybe you guys should get inside the village?

You turn to pick up the Life mage, since he’s entirely incapable of walking anywhere, to find him aglow in weird magics. "Need some help, Thuun?" you ask, secretly hoping he’ll say no.

He does. Strenuously. “Hmph, just asking,” you mutter. As you turn away, his sword glows fiercely. The light pierces deep into your brain and you blink and look awa-no, you can’t, your eyes are locked to the amazing spectacle. Your burned hand tingles and the pain fades away completely.

You see… wings? You can’t quite pick them out. You raise your bushy eyebrows in amazement as his cuts and legs begin to heal before your eye… and then, as the magic jumps from his sword into his red-glowing legs, a spark of it leaps off and slams into your dead and destroyed eye!

You feel it burning there, a spark of some weird-ass magic of Thuun’s. And you realise you can see it. is… Is your eye regenerating? No way.

You can use “I’m not right handed” again, since your hand is fully healed!

Ponder my foot, evaluate the best way to bind it. Make sure to just prepare, though. Better not get hasty.
"Well, this has been a productive day." You grouch and climb carefully from the carriage before leaning against a carriage wheel and surveying your foot. “Hmm…” You ponder your foot, wondering how best to bandage it.

Before you can think too hard on it, gleaming golden light spills from the carriage onto you. “What the hell?” You exclaim, jumping to your feet and backing away, failing to notice that the stab-wound on your foot has mysteriously closed up and vanished.

You can walk! Hallelujah!

Get out of the carriage, intently look around for anything out of of place. Listen more closely to that voice
You climb out, just as Thuun begins glowing green. “Welp.” You make feet, getting the hell away from that carriage. Behind you it goes up in weird yellow light and you’re very, very glad you weren’t nearby when Thuun went nuclear or whatever the hell he did this time.

You stop. The village is quiet, except for... A voice. (Kidzuku: Comprehension) Your copper bracelet heats up and begins to gently hum as you open your mind. (4+1) “Help!” someone shouts. They sound… muffled? “Oh Angels, somebody help!” The voice comes again, from deep inside the village. You reckon you could almost pick which building its from, once you get inside. Which you should soon, because...

(5+1) Something is rustling the forest around you. Lots of somethings. They sound humanoid. They smell… you crinkle your nose. The smell is damn nasty. Ugh. You know exactly where they are - and one is very close! There’s no ways in hell that they’re friendly. You slip your bow off your shoulder and focus for a second before snapping an arrow into the foliage directly over your head.

A khaki-skinned humanoid falls from the thick canopy, gasping for air around the arrow in its lung. “Uh. Guys?” you call, backing towards the village gates. “Maybe we shouldn’t be standing around like this…”

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:15:15 am by Niccolo »
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 02, 2014, 08:03:12 am »

"It is a miracle! My mild wounds have completely disappeared!"

Seek a way inside the village. A way to open the gates, for instance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2014, 08:13:09 am »

((BOOYAH! I GOTS ME TEH REGENS!))

Thuun Looks out towards the old sea dog, and shouts back "Kinda busy regrowing my legs. Would you lot mind taking up a defensive posture till then? Stay close by, the regeneration seems to rub off on other people. Afterward we can go wherever you want."

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 02, 2014, 08:22:34 am »

Yeeeeaaah. One note: The regen is veeeerry slow. It's going to take a long time to regrow your legs. It's about a mile below Wolverine. Plus you can't cast any other magic... and if you want to cast it again, you somehow have to achieve at least a five in all three elements (A four would have healed all of your minor wounds, but nothing else).
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2014, 08:25:50 am »

Yeeeeaaah. One note: The regen is veeeerry slow. It's going to take a long time to regrow your legs. It's about a mile below Wolverine. Plus you can't cast any other magic... and if you want to cast it again, you somehow have to achieve at least a five in all three elements (A four would have healed all of your minor wounds, but nothing else).

((Well right now I'm pretty much immobile. So could we get a rough estimate of when I'll be able to move under my own power again?

Also: DAMN. Here I thought it would be basically a toggle ability :())

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 74