Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 132916 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 27 - The Village of Cnoc Adh
« Reply #495 on: January 08, 2014, 09:03:53 am »

((Well, at least now we know what action Cyrus defaults to when the GM forgets he exists.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:02 am »

((Well, at least now we know what action Cyrus defaults to when the GM forgets he exists.))
((Clearly we must wait a few turns and then all simultaneously tussle his hair :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:57 am »

"My. We have a habit of being in disaster areas, now don't we?"

Then commence the looting of all the bodies in immediate vicinity.
Smack him.
"One, why are you desecrating the corpses? Two, what do you expect to find?"

Head towards the voice, keeping an eye out for anyone alive that could be saved with timely application of life magic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:59 am »

Make every effort to stay in the carriage, safely away from my teammates demons

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 08, 2014, 10:12:03 am »

"It's hardly possible to desecrate a corpse that's been eviscerated and horribly mutilated out in the street like this, no? If you wish to try and give them all their last rites and burials to return some form of dignity - which, as corpses, they really don't have any use for, and I would know, as I've done several funerals in the past -, you are perfectly welcome to do so! Also, there could be valuable clues on them, not to mention even more valuable valuables. Whoever killed all these people was probably not a thief is all I'm saying, and we do need as many valuable things as we can get, no?" Lyu explains, his smile widening.

Continue looting regardless of getting smacked or not. Make sure to pay attention to how these people were killed, mentally recreating the circumstances of their death to see if they match what we've seen the false-demons do, and also for fun.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:18:20 am by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 08, 2014, 10:18:09 am »

"It's hardly possible to desecrate a corpse that's been eviscerated and horribly mutilated out in the street like this, no? If you wish to try and give them all their last rites and burials to return some form of dignity - which, as corpses, they really don't have any use for, and I would know, as I've done several funerals in the past -, you are perfectly welcome to do so! Also, there could be valuable clues on them, not to mention even more valuable valuables. Whoever killed all these people was probably not a thief is all I'm saying, and we do need as many valuable things as we can get, no?" Lyu explains, his smile widening.

Continue looting regardless of getting smacked or not.
((As the team morality pet I would object to this if I weren't in the utterly destroyed carriage and thus out of earshot.

Also Niccolo, do demons have blood? Just a perfectly innocent question that in no way indicates Thuun's strategy for dealing with one if it should see the carriage as a nice wrapping for a meal.))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 08, 2014, 10:22:56 am »

Smack again.
"They don't even have intact clothing! What valuables would they have on them? In the houses, maybe, but on the bodies you'll find nothing but rags and blood. And as to the first...it's one thing to rip a man to shreds, but to then treat the shreds as some kind of treasure chest for you to loot?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:57 am »

"Well, clothing is less durable than objects of great value, you must realize. And what if one of these poor, poor people was at the center of some kind of holy elven prophecy that involved them utilizing an ancient, powerful family heirloom to save a whole lot of people or trees or whatever it is that elves save, and now they're dead and can't do anything about it, leaving priceless or at least fetching elven artifacts lying around? I'm not feeling terribly optimistic about the chances of such a thing happening, of course, but you can never discount these possibilities. Besides, one of our fine companions seems to have found a really nifty bracelet in a bush of all places, so we also cannot discount the possibility of wonderful objects being located in a large mountain of corpses, either. It can't hurt to look, can it? I'd like to examine how they were killed as well, which would work as a splendid bit of multitasking, yes?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 08, 2014, 11:16:46 am »

"god damn, this is even worse than pirate raids..." Felice mutters under his breath, and tries looking around. He looks over at the two men argueing over a dead body. "Would you two be quiet for a second? I know looting corpses and having a discussion over what's right and wrong may seem like something very important to you right now, but there's someone in there..." He wave his hand through the air, indicating the village and the scene of the slaughter "...who is still alive! Now shut up for a bit so I can find them. If anyone wants to help me go save them, feel free to tag along."

Stand still and try to pinpoint the location of the voice and anything else of interest. Is it the same voice that I heard before?. If I've got an idea as to where it's coming from, carefully make my way there. ((Kidzuku: comprehension go))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:19 am »

"god damn, this is even worse than pirate raids..." Felice mutters under his breath, and tries looking around. He looks over at the two men argueing over a dead body. "Would you two be quiet for a second? I know looting corpses and having a discussion over what's right and wrong may seem like something very important to you right now, but there's someone in there..." He wave his hand through the air, indicating the village and the scene of the slaughter "...who is still alive! Now shut up for a bit so I can find them. If anyone wants to help me go save them, feel free to tag along."

Stand still and try to pinpoint the location of the voice and anything else of interest. Is it the same voice that I heard before?. If I've got an idea as to where it's coming from, carefully make my way there. ((Kidzuku: comprehension go))

"That is, unless it happens to be a trap, good fellow! Demons love nothing more than seeing you die with a stupid look on your face, don't you know. This is why Yagalians never investigate suspicious noises from unknown places! Especially not by themselves!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 08, 2014, 11:33:52 am »

"That is, unless it happens to be a trap, good fellow! Demons love nothing more than seeing you die with a stupid look on your face, don't you know. This is why Yagalians never investigate suspicious noises from unknown places! Especially not by themselves!"
"Which is why I would appreciate it if you'd leave the corpse alone for a moment and come with me. Don't worry, I'm sure the corpse will be here when we get back"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:21 am »

"Which is why I would appreciate it if you'd leave the corpse alone for a moment and come with me. Don't worry, I'm sure the corpse will be here when we get back"

((You realize that by saying this you have guaranteed that it will disappear right? Or WAS THAT YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG????:P))

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 08, 2014, 11:51:52 am »

((You realize that by saying this you have guaranteed that it will disappear right? Or WAS THAT YOUR PLAN ALL ALONG????:P))
((I'm just hoping it either dissapears completely or stays where it is. No zambies for me, please))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:21 pm »

((I'm just hoping it either dissapears completely or stays where it is. No zambies for me, please))

((And Pancaek has officially learned nothing. :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 08, 2014, 12:11:12 pm »

((And Pancaek has officially learned nothing. :P))
((I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? :P))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 74