Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 133616 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 34 - The Most Unhelpful Magic
« Reply #720 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:03 am »

"Ooooommm..."

Meditate. Distract myself from the pain with the sound of my own voice. Don't move.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 35 - The Epilogue of Cnoc Adh
« Reply #721 on: February 06, 2014, 07:59:32 am »

That bracelet is the perfect tool for revealing exposition and giving players a deep and breathing backstory, as well as not being really contrived.

That was sorta the idea. I'm rather pleased with it myself. Pancaek's used it at all the right times, too!
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 06, 2014, 09:42:56 am »

That bracelet is the perfect tool for revealing exposition and giving players a deep and breathing backstory, as well as not being really contrived.

That was sorta the idea. I'm rather pleased with it myself. Pancaek's used it at all the right times, too!

((Whereas all my exposition contributions involve being visited by god-angels. I'm like RtD Moses bro.
Hey is that sword bronze or iron? Because if its bronze I want it, I didn't quite communicate it correctly in my bio, but Thuun was intended to be a dual wielder :P
I'm kinda glad that didn't happen though, as it inevitably would've pushed out that racial trait, which is awesome.))

Thuun mumbles lightly to Baldur: "You saw her too right? We need to get...ung...to a city on the east coast, has a really ornate cathedral."
He then returns to being carried, and silently wills his regen to work faster
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 06, 2014, 09:55:41 am »

Thuun mumbles lightly to Baldur: "You saw her too right? We need to get...ung...to a city on the east coast, has a really ornate cathedral."
He then returns to being carried, and silently wills his regen to work faster

"I did."

Baldur carries Thuun back to the group.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:18 am »

Continue attempting to focus on casting a simple healing spell.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 06, 2014, 03:29:58 pm »

"Screw me sideways, This thing comes in handy. Hey, guys! I found some goodies for us! I've got a new staff for Lyu and a non-broken sword for Baldur. It used to belong to a deadly warrior. If...you care....just throwing that tidbit out there."

Give staff and skull to Lyu! Give sword to Baldur! Inspect the books and start reading a random one, unless it looks evil! Follow party!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:18:31 am by Pancaek »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:54 pm »

"Neat. Anything useful for those of us who haven't been getting new goodies lately? Other than inanimate rock hands..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 06, 2014, 04:04:43 pm »

"I dunno. I've got some silk underwear, but I was thinking of just selling those. I also found some books, but I'd like to read them myself, firstly. There was also a skull with some obscene language on it, not sure when or how that will come in handy." he scratches his head "I get the feeling that there's still a goodie out there somewhere, but I can't quite seem to pinpoint where."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 06, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »

"Mm. Let me heal the guy and I'll see what I can find..."
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 06, 2014, 05:55:44 pm »

"Screw me sideways, This thing comes in handy. Hey, guys! I found some goodies for us! I've got a new staff for Lyu and a non-broken sword for Baldur. It used to belong to a deadly warrior. If...you care....just throwing that tidbit out there."

Give staff to Lyu! Give sword to Baldur! Inspect the books and start reading a random one, unless it looks evil! Follow party!

((Doesn't Baldur use a Greatsword whereas what you grabbed is a Broadsword? Granted his current sword is broken so I guess it would be about the same anyway...hmm...))

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 06, 2014, 05:59:25 pm »

((Doesn't Baldur use a Greatsword whereas what you grabbed is a Broadsword? Granted his current sword is broken so I guess it would be about the same anyway...hmm...))

((True on both accounts. Having a non-broken weapon might be better though, at least until he gets his greatsword reforged.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »

((True on both accounts. Having a non-broken weapon might be better though, at least until he gets his greatsword reforged.))

((True. I'll be buying Thuun a second sword at some point. And then hopefully by the time I have to worry about weapon breakage and such my Earth Magic will be at the level I can just summon new swords up from the ground :P

Actually once I get everyone healed up I might try and do that to fix your greatsword, then I can take the new sword. EVERYONE WINS :))))

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 06, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

((True. I'll be buying Thuun a second sword at some point. And then hopefully by the time I have to worry about weapon breakage and such my Earth Magic will be at the level I can just summon new swords up from the ground :P

Actually once I get everyone healed up I might try and do that to fix your greatsword, then I can take the new sword. EVERYONE WINS :)))

((Sweet, for both things. Try not to fuck up though, that sword has lots of sentimental value.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 06, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

Actually once I get everyone healed up I might try and do that to fix your greatsword, then I can take the new sword. EVERYONE WINS :)))

((Sweet, for both things. Try not to fuck up though, that sword has lots of sentimental value.))

((Bitch, no worries! I only make things worse roughly half the time, the other half I do things so completely awesomely that I warp reality in on itself in a horrid sexual act that makes Xantalos blush.))

Indeed, I do this.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 06, 2014, 06:07:14 pm »

((Bitch, no worries! I only make things worse roughly half the time, the other half I do things so completely awesomely that I warp reality in on itself in a horrid sexual act that makes Xantalos blush.))

((So long as you haven't jinxed yourself, of course...))
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 74