Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 134292 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 40 - Diamond Nights
« Reply #930 on: February 22, 2014, 11:33:42 am »

Thuun sighs Lyu, we need to get to the cathedral by the eastern coast. It has two different colored doors, one is black the other is...white? Gold? I actually kind of forget that part....But anyway, It was literally shown to us by SARIEL. The ANGEL. But as for right now we have more or less free reign of the city, provided none of us spark a witch burning mob. And now that Felice has gone all glowy-eyed there is one more person likely to do that.

Actually Felice might be MORE conspicuous then me or Ekoka at this point. We should probably keep him from wandering the streets, less the mob thing.

"Not only is that the first time I've heard of any of that, it's also real fishy, I think! Are you sure that wasn't just some hallucination? I did give you a lot of jimsonweed, you know."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 22, 2014, 11:35:13 am »

Thuun sighs Lyu, we need to get to the cathedral by the eastern coast. It has two different colored doors, one is black the other is...white? Gold? I actually kind of forget that part....But anyway, It was literally shown to us by SARIEL. The ANGEL. But as for right now we have more or less free reign of the city, provided none of us spark a witch burning mob. And now that Felice has gone all glowy-eyed there is one more person likely to do that.

Actually Felice might be MORE conspicuous then me or Ekoka at this point. We should probably keep him from wandering the streets, less the mob thing.

"Son of a bitch, this magic shit is getting on my nerves. Guess I'll be forced to stay in my room then."

Sorry Felice. Anything you want me to get you while I'm out?

"Not only is that the first time I've heard of any of that, it's also real fishy, I think! Are you sure that wasn't just some hallucination? I did give you a lot of jimsonweed, you know."

I'm not the only one who saw it. And pay more attention, you grinning fool.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 22, 2014, 11:42:03 am »

"It'd be super if you could pick me up some supplies to fletch some arrows. Lord knows I'll have enough time to make some nice ones while I'm stuck in here. Don't pay more than sixty gold though, I'm not looking to make more than a handfull at the most."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 22, 2014, 11:44:39 am »

"It'd be super if you could pick me up some supplies to fletch some arrows. Lord knows I'll have enough time to make some nice ones while I'm stuck in here. Don't pay more than sixty gold though, I'm not looking to make more than a handfull at the most."

Will do.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 22, 2014, 11:45:46 am »

I'm not the only one who saw it. And pay more attention, you grinning fool.

"Hey, nobody tells me anything for some reason. Go figure. Anyhow, if you have got some kind of silly angel quest, why aren't we already, you know, going in that direction? Is it some kind of 'the time has to be right' nonsense? This town's a bit boring, I find, and likely to soon be on fire and filled with horrible creatures that want to eat our flesh. And I find it really doubtful that anyone here can provide anything even vaguely resembling help, given the rectal-cranial inversion characteristic of people in large trading centers."

Lyu spent a moment thinking of Shas Ria in flames, people screaming as they were torn limb from limb, and smiled widely.

"So, we should probably get going as quickly as possible. Stay mobile, see the sights. Not spend time in crappy Cylenian metropolises."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 22, 2014, 11:48:43 am »

"Hear hear, maybe we could take a boat out of this place?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 22, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »

((Wait, the book is made out of clay? I thought it was stone temporarily made as soft as clay!))

"To make matters worse, I was planning on going to the archery range today, but I'm not sure people will like to see me coming, what with the glowing eyes and the general lynching of mages that going around."
"Perhaps we should look into getting some darkened spectacles for you or something, pretend you're blind? That would likely rule out archery as well, but at least you wouldn't be lynched...we might want to get gloves for myself as well..."

"Anyhow, if you have got some kind of silly angel quest, why aren't we already, you know, going in that direction? Is it some kind of 'the time has to be right' nonsense? This town's a bit boring, I find, and likely to soon be on fire and filled with horrible creatures that want to eat our flesh."
"And we know for certain that the wilds are already filled with horrible creatures that want to eat our flesh. And which will likely be on fire once we get involved." Ekoka chuckles. "We can use the chance to rest, study, prepare."

"Hear hear, maybe we could take a boat out of this place?"
"This would be a good idea. But first, we need to finish preparations..."

1. Read the Water Magic book.
2. Attempt to purchase gloves to conceal my hand.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 22, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

"And we know for certain that the wilds are already filled with horrible creatures that want to eat our flesh. And which will likely be on fire once we get involved." Ekoka chuckles. "We can use the chance to rest, study, prepare."

"That's true... wait, no, it isn't! We didn't run into a single horrible creature who wants to eat our flesh on the way from the village! It's a tad disappointing, actually! Clearly, the woods need to step up their game a little. And we've done nothing but rest, study and prepare the entire time we've been traveling. This city... is... superfluous! A hole in the ground where we shall be distracted and waste all of our precious time until the woods do step up their game and render the silly people of this town extinct! Good riddance to them, obviously, but not so good for people who want to actually get somewhere and effortlessly fulfill grand destinies, like us and any other heroic souls. And what are we even doing here? You have been doing nothing but sitting in a room and reading books, as have I. I am absolutely certain you and I could do the exact same thing in a carriage or, for instance, in a cathedral on the coast where we're actually supposed to be. At least on the road any trouble we find was looking for us rather than the other way around, eh?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 22, 2014, 06:07:34 pm »

"And? That was only part of our journey. I seem to recall a rather large horde of demonic beings trying to eat us if we don't choose the one, small, safe leg of our journey. And we haven't seen any creatures here, either. It's nice to be able to rest and relax, and not have to worry about wolves and rain and such for once. Not to mention that studying in a travelling carriage is not as easy as you seem to think it is, especially if you want to do more than just read the book. Obviously we can't do it forever, but we can do it for a bit longer with no issues."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 22, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »

"And? That was only part of our journey. I seem to recall a rather large horde of demonic beings trying to eat us if we don't choose the one, small, safe leg of our journey. And we haven't seen any creatures here, either. It's nice to be able to rest and relax, and not have to worry about wolves and rain and such for once. Not to mention that studying in a travelling carriage is not as easy as you seem to think it is, especially if you want to do more than just read the book. Obviously we can't do it forever, but we can do it for a bit longer with no issues."

"Until the demonic horde catches up with us, you mean, of course. I have to say, the boat idea certainly appeals to me quite a lot. We might get to fight insane demonfish! Besides, we were only in danger of getting eaten for a single day at best, so you're just being dramatic there. Also, rest and relaxation are something you can try to get after the end of the world as we know it has either happened or been averted, my friend! Time's a wastin'!"

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 22, 2014, 07:11:18 pm »

All I can gather from this is I suck at introducing questlines. Which kinda makes sense. I know what the main quest/objective is, so I sorta assume you guys do, so I just don't mention it.

GMing is hard.

1) You could always go speak to the duke, since originally that's how you were getting paid. A charisma check should convince him you're not lying, especially if you can describe the Baron or Cyrus in fair detail.

2) You could also go talk with the priests and seers in the temple.

3) You didn't go back to Shas Isa because the Baron barred you from returning for several years for the ruckus you guys caused (which may or may not have been your fault). It is a moot point now, since he's dead, so you guys can head back if you want.

4) I could always besiege the city if you really want something exciting.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 22, 2014, 07:26:18 pm »

((say, while you're throwing out hints, mind giving me one about the mindsphere? Because right now it just seems that mentally touching it just provokes random reactions. also I am lazy and pretty thick so I won't be able to solve it by myself))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 22, 2014, 07:48:58 pm »

((say, while you're throwing out hints, mind giving me one about the mindsphere? Because right now it just seems that mentally touching it just provokes random reactions. also I am lazy and pretty thick so I won't be able to solve it by myself))

((Well, Kidzuku was enchanted with wind magic I believe, and light magic put it in your head. Lets see, what are the similarities between light and wind? Both are fast of course, neither are very solid, so they escape grasp easily.
Perhaps instead of trying to catch the wind you should try and guide it where you want it to go? Or maybe blow on it :P))

I have a suggestion then. I'll head over to the local temple and talk to the people there. Lyu and Baldur, you speak to the duke and convince him of our deeds. Maybe you two can actually get us paid. Ekoka, you can go shopping for gloves and fletching supplies and shaded spectacles.

Afterwards we'll spend the night reading the books and getting prepared before we all head out to the east. Sound good?

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 22, 2014, 07:59:43 pm »

It's in your head. Nothing can happen in your head without permission from you. Maybe just try talking to it?

Don't slap it. And definitely don't blow on it.

But if you do feel the urge to smack it, think about Thuun. THEN smack it.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 22, 2014, 08:41:24 pm »

"Until the demonic horde catches up with us, you mean, of course. I have to say, the boat idea certainly appeals to me quite a lot. We might get to fight insane demonfish! Besides, we were only in danger of getting eaten for a single day at best, so you're just being dramatic there. Also, rest and relaxation are something you can try to get after the end of the world as we know it has either happened or been averted, my friend! Time's a wastin'!"
"Firstly: We've fought more demons travelling here than staying here. Secondly: Do you really think you can keep going at full capacity without even a couple days here and there to rest and recuperate? Thirdly: Demonfish are hardly a serious danger compared to things we know actually exist."

4) I could always besiege the city if you really want something exciting.
NO. WE'VE HAD ENOUGH EXCITING. WE'LL LEAVE SOON I PROMISE!

I have a suggestion then. I'll head over to the local temple and talk to the people there. Lyu and Baldur, you speak to the duke and convince him of our deeds. Maybe you two can actually get us paid. Ekoka, you can go shopping for gloves and fletching supplies and shaded spectacles.
Afterwards we'll spend the night reading the books and getting prepared before we all head out to the east. Sound good?

"As good a plan as any."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 74