Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 131973 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 43 - The Glow
« Reply #1065 on: March 27, 2014, 12:10:44 pm »

Doesn't change much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »

Thuun rises out of bed, stretches his arms above his head, then promptly falls to the floor.

((Suddenly I don't remember what color I'm supposed to be...was it maroon?))

Oww, jeez why does everything hurt...oh...right. Temple. I don't suppose anyone could help me up? Movement is...difficult.

Upon hearing Ekoka's statement: Well I WOULD like to get a few things from the market. Specifically a nice fur cloak like Baldur's, and perhaps a nice breastplate or chain shirt to wear over this leather.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:59:09 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 27, 2014, 09:48:23 pm »

Yes, it's maroon. Just like the last time you forgot. Which, incidentally, was shortly after you decided to be maroon :P
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 28, 2014, 06:19:46 pm »

Rise! Yawn! Smile at the new day!

"It is truly mornings like this that you have to appreciate being alive!"

Provide Thuun with his share of 2000 gold coins! Bury him in sweet monies and all that.

"It's almost a shame I'm going to have to spend most of this money, really!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 01, 2014, 10:23:36 am »

((you can try to ignore my action, but Felice will go shopping for shinies. ))

"It's almost a shame I'm going to have to spend most of this money, really!"

Felice yawns, and lazily looks over at the priest.

"Really? It wont do you any good sitting in your pocket, might as well spend it on useful things. Maybe we can buy a boat and get out of here, go live on an island?" He stretches out "Anyway, I'm going to the market to look for some arrows and a new bow."

Go to market/shop district and look at special arrows, bows and/or upgrades for my bow. Just look, don't actually buy anything yet.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 01, 2014, 06:45:51 pm »

Felice wants shinies. Lyu wants to give away his money. Ekoka wants to skedaddle out of town and Thuun wants to find cloaks and armour.

Baldur... wants to... buy a wagon?
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 02, 2014, 08:58:43 am »

Baldur goes to buy a better wagon, some horses and supplies.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:22 am »

Aid in the negotiations! And if I have time, try to find an object of iron in the markets of the city. Any object of iron. Check pockets if necessary. Then look into the possibility of obtaining mirror plate armor.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:40:02 pm by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:51 pm »

Aid in the negotiations! And if I have time, try to find an object of iron in the markets of the city. Any object of iron.

You gonna check that "curious dagger" in your inventory first? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 08, 2014, 06:00:38 pm »

Hi all!

I've been swamped (AGAIN!) at work, but it's all finished now. Hopefully I can ACTUALLY get back to a regular update schedule for this. I'm not sure how many of you are actually still reading the updates, but I'm going to try and get the next turn up in the next couple of days.
Check out my RtD!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets
« Reply #1075 on: April 10, 2014, 06:21:03 am »

So there’s opportune sixes and inopportune ones. On the bright side, nobody dies.

- Turn 44: The Markets -

It’s day three in Shas Ria… the air feels weird.

Day Three: Morning

The five of you are gathered in the inn’s taproom, consuming various breakfast items.

"Alright. We may need to leave, before things go...bad. Last night was a close enough call for my comfort." Ekoka points out, referring to the evening’s riots caused by Thuun’s antics. He manages to not glare holes in the healer’s skull.

The five of you talk amongst yourselves and eventually come to the agreement that one more day spent will come to no harm, provided Thuun can control himself, but tomorrow you’re on the road to Shas Tule.

"It's almost a shame I'm going to have to spend most of this money, really!" Lyu finally says, sighing as he caresses the money pouch that never leaves his side.

"Really? It wont do you any good sitting in your pocket, might as well spend it on useful things. Maybe we can buy a boat and get out of here, go live on an island?" Felice retorts, stretching. "Anyway, I'm going to the market to look for some arrows and a new bow."

[/quote]
Go to market/shop district and look at special arrows, bows and/or upgrades for my bow. Just look, don't actually buy anything yet.
Once breakfast is over you rise and wander out into the central market. People are still a little tense and there’s signs of looting and violence in many, many places. Far to the north, you can see the marble dome of the temp--wait a goddamn minute, wasn’t it made of gold yesterday?

Holy shit. That son of a bitch transmuted the goddamned temple roof! No wonder everybody was so damn pissed!

Anyway, you find your way to the markets. There’s a couple of fletchers around and one or two bowyers, so you decide to examine their goods. In your travels, you see (Mouse over for description):

(5T) 44 High Quality arrows (5 gold each)
(1T) 12 extremely crappy arrows (1 gold each)
(4H) A longbow (100 gold)
(3T) 2 below-average arrows (2 gold each)
(5H) An experimental bow that looks like a shortbow but boasts the power of a longbow (800 gold)
(1H) A truly terrible bowgun (25 gold)
(6H) Enchanted longbow (1,300 gold)
(2H) Kinda crappy bow (35 gold)
(4T) 14 arrows (3 gold each)
(6T) 9 lightning arrows! (10 gold each)

Provide Thuun with his share of 2000 gold coins! Bury him in sweet monies and all that.
You bury Thuun in 2,000 gold coins. He’s not sure whether to be happy about this or not. You then decide to follow Baldur.

Upon hearing Ekoka's statement: Well I WOULD like to get a few things from the market. Specifically a nice fur cloak like Baldur's, and perhaps a nice breastplate or chain shirt to wear over this leather.
You leave the others behind and wander through the market. There is a nice furrier who sells handsome fur cloaks; apparently he’s been doing rather brisk business since the sun went out. You examine a few of his cloaks, (2) but none of them seem to either appeal to you or fit you. Shame about that.

(1) The only breastplate you find is absolutely covered in blood. It’s really rather disturbing and you’re not sure why the person is trying to sell it so desperately. Anyway, all of that blood makes you feel quesy and a tad feverish, so you decide to stay the hell away from it.

(5)  Chainmail is back in fashion! Excellent. You find a lovely smith who’s got a rather nice range of armour for sale. All of it chainmail for some reason. Anyway, he has five items for sale.

(2) Very fine decorative chainmail (200 gold)
(1) An experimental design woven out of rat’s hair (100 gold)
(4) [Good and sturdy, won’t do shit against stabbity attacks but otherwise will keep you safe. -1 on all to hit rolls against you (unless it’s a stab)]Bronze chainmail (420 gold)
(6) Mysteriously enchanted chainmail! (1,250 gold)
(4) [Good and sturdy, won’t do shit against stabbity attacks but otherwise will keep you safe. -1 on all to hit rolls against you (unless it’s a stab)]Bronze chainmail (420 gold)

Aid in the negotiations! And if I have time, try to find an object of iron in the markets of the city. Any object of iron. Check pockets if necessary. Then look into the possibility of obtaining mirror plate armor.
The two of you wheel your wagon to the wagon dealer. Baldur takes the lead in the negotiations. ”Hello again! I’ve brought my own personal wagon. I’d like to trade this in.”

The wagoncrafter looks the goods over. (5+1) (Jeez) “Hey, this is a good wagon! Damn, I could learn a thing or two from this. Bit old, though, I can see why you want to trade her in. Tell you what, I’ll give you a nice six-seater for a thousand and this wagon.”

”Eight hundred.”

(1+1) The craftsman laughs. “Not a fucking chance, mate. Nine hundred. That’s the lowest I’ll go.”

Lyu chimes in. “Good sir, we require a wagon for the good of the world. I am but a poor priest and this is my loyal servant and guardian… surely you understand we do not have that much wealth?”

(4+1) The craftsman mulls it over. “Eight fifty. I can’t go any lower than that without losing money.”

Baldur grouches, but grudgingly hands over the money. ”There you go.”[/color] From there, he wheels the wagon back towards the inn, while Lyu wanders into the markets alone.

You wander for a while, but iron is still scant in the world. There’s none of it to be found in mere markets. (6) You feel a hand groping for your pocket, so you whirl on the pickpocket and by reflex pull the curious dagger out of your pocket. You grip the sheathe in your left hand and draw the blade out, revealing a silver-grey metallic blade. The pickpocket vanishes, leaving you there holding an iron dagger.

Huh.

Spoiler: The Players (click to show/hide)
Check out my RtD!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 10, 2014, 06:44:04 am »

"How wondrous!"

See if I could buy some metallic arm guards (pauldrons, gauntlets, that sort of thing).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:23 am »

((I feel like I should buy something, but have no idea what. Suggestions?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 10, 2014, 10:34:00 am »

((I feel like I should buy something, but have no idea what. Suggestions?))

((Purchase a wisecracking parrot or thieving monkey. Or maybe a cat. And then purchase some armor for either of the three.))

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 10, 2014, 06:02:22 pm »

The wisecracking parrot probably wouldn't be able to fly with armour.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74