Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any one else do this?  (Read 1165 times)

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
any one else do this?
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:59:33 am »

My standard kit for a legendary archeologist is a pistol, a whip, and a masterwork fur hat. (close as I could get to felt)

:D
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
Re: any one else do this?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:14 pm »

Would he even use the whip in melee? Wouldn't it be better to have a bayonetted pistol?
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »

I guess that neither the whip is for melee in this case, nor the pistol is expected to ever shoot at invaders.

In a similar vein vanilla df players sometimes make one wrestler dwarf wear full batman leather suit of armor.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:12:25 pm »

that sounds amazing, city of gotham and batman must protect the city alone
maybe a small squad of policeman

the first child of the fort is batman and you must have his parents killed in front of him by goblins or elves
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 06:55:20 am »

yeah, the point wasn't for him to ever *use* the stuff :-P

just run away from giant boulders and nazis and such.
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 07:54:11 am »

My standard kit for a legendary archeologist is a pistol, a whip, and a masterwork fur hat. (close as I could get to felt)

Nope. Never.
Might have something to do with me never having a legendary archaeologist, since they are completely useless their use is somewhat limited.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:00:16 pm »

Nope. Never.
Might have something to do with me never having a legendary archaeologist, since they are completely useless their use is somewhat limited.

Are you kidding? When I embark with relics, I can outfit my entire army with masterwork Cool Stuff made by a legendary archeologist. It's pretty fun.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.