Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 9  (Read 29733 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 4
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 06:09:59 am »

Yep, soon I will come home from work and apply a few fixes. I wanted to do it earlier but my job took some of my time, and Starbound too. Now I have a reason to hurry, so just wait a few hours.

P.S. If you've already started, there's not a lot of fixes coming, namely just diplomats for other nations, everything else is going to be save-compatible.

I haven't started yet, so, take your time! I think I can manage a few more days. ;)

Uh oh. And that's how cliches about "drinking russians" start! I ONLY HAD BEEN ON THREE BIRTHDAYS!
Totally my fault, heh. I am opening RAW files right now to fix everything I had to :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 5
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 06:39:11 am »

Okay, there we go, release 5 is out.

- Fixed trade reps/diplomats for humans and elves.
- Grazing values are better balanced between grazing animals. They eat less grass overall.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »

Yep, soon I will come home from work and apply a few fixes. I wanted to do it earlier but my job took some of my time, and Starbound too. Now I have a reason to hurry, so just wait a few hours.

P.S. If you've already started, there's not a lot of fixes coming, namely just diplomats for other nations, everything else is going to be save-compatible.

I haven't started yet, so, take your time! I think I can manage a few more days. ;)

Uh oh. And that's how cliches about "drinking russians" start! I ONLY HAD BEEN ON THREE BIRTHDAYS!
Totally my fault, heh. I am opening RAW files right now to fix everything I had to :).

I believe that this was a case of "duty called". No man can deny that call! :)

Thanks for the new release, gonna use it in a new fort as soon as possible.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 11:55:06 am »

Did you test trade reps? Because the "fixed" version I use for BD doesn't work :(

Oh well, downloading now. I suppose I'll find out...

Also: did you do something about coal values?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 01:12:06 pm »

The reps should work, I mean they are supposed to! What is "bd"? I will try to find out why they can NOT work, although it's weird, they are appointed by civ leaders.

I forgot about your coal request, but it's easy to change and will fall into the next update for sure.

P.S. I will try to figure out the problem with trade reps right now and upload a release 6 with fixed coal. NO SLACKING!

P.P.S. I found the issue with trade reps. [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_AGREEMENTS] only works on outpost liaisons of your parent civ. Foreign civs needed [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE].
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:19:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 6
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »

Release 6 is out.

- Fixed values for all coal types, now they scale properly.
- Fixed name for "antracite to coke" reaction.
- Trade representatives now work for real.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:20:40 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »

To make sure that guild reps and diplomats show up, once you boot up your world, type "fixdiplomats" and "fixmerchants" in dfhack console. I tried it, it worked.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 06:38:33 pm »

Does it work without "fixmerchants" and "fixdiplomats"? Because diplomats and trade reps are supposed to work after those commands WITHOUT raw changes.
(If you add diplomats and trade reps to the entities those commands are not supposed to be needed.)

I personally have been trying everything I can think of to get trade reps working, but nothing I have tried has worked. Right now I have a testing fort going where every civ has different combinations of [RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_AGREEMENTS] and [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE]. I am also trying to see if [ELECTED] will work for the humans (the elven druid uses it, so it SHOULD work for non-SITE nobles). Now I just need to wait for the caravans to see what works. If nothing I tries works I'll tear one of Masterworks entities apart and see what I can figure out.

"BD" is Better Dorfs a Rubble addon pack that uses this mod as it's base.

Also I found another bug:
"Tobul Gemesherith, Metalsmith cancels Dump Item: Interupted by Nothing."
Further investigation shows that "Nothing" is a female raccoon. Apparently female raccoons lack a name and description.
As far as bugs go this one is hilarious ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:43:43 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 11:16:58 pm »

I just talked to Meph and he confirmed that trade reps assigned by a druid with RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE and ESTABLISH_COLONY_AGREEMENTS work.
Female racoons dont' just lack names. It's my "convert to a universal format" action where I swap tags around, so I to swap caste name definition at one point. I found it out this morning, but then forgot when I was testing traders. 4 AM, man... Thanks for reminding me, I will upload a fix now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 7
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 11:25:35 pm »

Release 7
- Female raccoon name is fixed (Thanks Milo! :))).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 05:52:38 am »

Thanks for the updates, Deon! Will take release 7 for a spin as soon as some free time pops-up!

Do you intend on changing anything with regards to leather and bones? I believe Meph has already mentioned the mods by Wannabehero and Sackhead a few posts earlier in the thread and I just want to add my support for this suggestion. Those tweaks don't hurt the vanilla experience and fix a few bugs at the same time!

FYI, a link to Better Bone Stacks by Wannabehero and More Leather Mod by Sackhead.

Ofcourse, I have no idea how easy (or hard!) it is to implement these things. I'm only a small raw dabbler myself. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:46 pm »

In R6-R7 trade reps STILL do not work. Luckily I did a BUNCH of science and found out why.

Simple, [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] needs to be [NUMBER:1]. That fixed everything for me.

Trade Reps, Science Results
   All testing done via that wonderful DFHack script, "force.lua".
   Number of worlds generated: lots.

Results of Testing:
      [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] Will cause trade reps to not work! Use [NUMBER:1], that seems to work fine.
      APPOINTED_BY works fine, but it is not needed, so you can use a trade rep just fine with a [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] civ.
      For civs that are optionally playable all you need to do is add [RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE] to the existing outpost liaison.
      MERCHANT_NOBILITY is NOT required.

Conclusions:
   The only thing that kept the trade reps in r6 from working is [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED].

Replacing AS_NEEDED with "1" causes everything to work fine.

Removing the MONARCH position from the humans, removing all APPOINTED_BY tags in trade reps and diplomats and changing [NUMBER:AS_NEEDED] to [NUMBER:1] in all trade reps and diplomats fixes the issue.
   (Removing MONARCH and APPOINTED_BY are totally optional, I just did it to prove it worked)
   There is also no need for ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS in a non-playable entity.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

Thank you for the test. I wanted AS_NEEDED for greater goods (so if they die, there're immediately others), but apparently it was a bad idea (no idea why!).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 8
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 04:18:51 pm »

Release 8
- The reason why "working" diplomats and trade representatives did not come is nailed down (thank you Milo, I really appreciate it).
- They now come with each caravan with bodyguards.
- Enabled Falconne's mouse support plugin (ability to select units and click stuff with mouse).
- Enabled dwarf monitor (shows current moods in a bottom corner of the video).
- Enabled "Resume" plugin (shows suspended constructions with X when the game is paused).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 8
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2013, 04:29:09 pm »

Oh man this looks good  :D I'll be using this for future releases.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6