Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 9  (Read 29713 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 8
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 08:38:20 am »

Yes, I requested a personal board way back when there was no mod subforums, so Masterwork, LFR, Putnam's mods, many other cool mods and my mods too were buried under heaps of questions and requests. Now I see why Masterwork needs its own sub-board because it's basically a huge compilation of everything possible with tons of playable races, however I think I would get more feedback in the main subforum. I will ask Toady if he has time to solve it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 12:58:39 pm »

This doesn't effect EDF, but as I posted the rest of the science here I may as well put this here too:

If you add the TRADE responsibility to an outpost liaison you will get TWO outpost liaisons from that civ (if it is your parent civ)
One of the "outpost liaisons" works like normal, the other acts like a trade rep. I did not do long term testing to see how this effects gameplay.

r8 looks good, AFAIK all bugs are squashed now :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 01:09:51 pm »

I don't have an urge to test that TRADE thing right now, since it all works. But with AS_NEEDED outpost liaisons, they tended not to come at all, and instead a cheesemaker/beekeeper with a "diplomat" assignment arrived :). Now it all works thanks to all the help from community and you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

Oh, that random profession thing is still the way it is for outpost liaisons, trade reps work properly but there is no way (that I know of) to "fix" outpost liaisons. As long as they function I don't want to mess with them either.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2014, 01:09:19 pm »

Hmm.. The one thing I ALWAYS change on virtually any DF mod (and vanilla too) is changing all civilizations "sites" to city (and allow them to build tombs/forts/roads as well) so they actually have visible homes in adventure mode.. Thoughts on it?? (Quite a bit of this will be resolved with the next vanilla release, at least!)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2014, 12:27:12 pm »

I noticed one issue with the last version: humans have a static monarch position. This is not needed as trade reps and diplomats do not need to be APPOINTED_BY anyone.

Just remove the monarch and the APPOINTED_BY tags and your good to go.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 12:17:53 am »

Hey Deon, this is absolutely freakin' awesome! :)

Two quick questions:

1) Is the change repository (git/hg/svn/etc) available anywhere? I'd much rather clone a repo than download history-less files. This also makes it easier to send you patches, in case I find bugs. :)

2) Do you have a license on your changes which form this distro? I'd love to use your changes for other modding work, and a license makes it way easier for both myself, and letting others know what can be done with the resulting work.

The Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license is a pretty good one, and it matches the intent in your top-post ("use my work, but give me credit").

Many thanks!

~ T

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 01:59:44 pm »

Bug: some stones look terrible when engraved (they look exactly like the rough version).

Fix: edit obsidian to have the color 0:8:0 (that makes it look awesome!) and siltstone/mudstone to have different background and foreground colors (currently they have the same color for both, not good)

Also using tile 0 for stone results in hard to see dig designations for brown stones, using another tile for siltstone/mudstone may be a good idea.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 04:33:22 am »

Back from holidays, thanks for the suggestions Milo, I will use them!

Urist, in PMs :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 04:37:58 pm »

Just wanted to say thank you for Essential DF. I've stubbornly stuck to "pure" DF (aside from the apparently abandoned Modest Mod and my own fixes and tweaks) for years. Being terribly unobservant, I only just noticed this. The cleaned up raws and alynxes sold it for me. I'll miss my nice colourful stone, though. Thanks! I'll post a link in my thread.

Does it include the miscellanous fixes that people keep posting to the Modest Mod thread?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:27:27 pm by Taffer »

kallanz87

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2014, 05:22:52 am »

Just wanted to thank you Deon for doing this mod, it's exactly what I've been looking for since modestmod/accelerated df stopped their development.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2014, 05:30:48 am »

since modestmod/accelerated df stopped their development.
There has been no developement, because the mod is finished. There was no DF update since the last modest mod/accelerated df update.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 11:00:07 pm »

Is there any chance of making the simplified stone optional, or is that outside the scope of the mod? I find myself not really missing the extra metals and gems much, but underground seems much more boring in ASCII now in my opionion with the new, simplified colours and fewer stone options. I know I could copy/paste the relevant files from the DF download back over, but then I'd be missing out on the extra fixes and cleanup that you've put into it.

If not, thanks anyways! I've been enjoying it so far.

CryptoCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 02:27:55 pm »

Noticed some quirks with creature syndromes - not sure what impact any of this has on actual gameplay, but I thought I'd mention it since it's an easy fix.

The following creatures have SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE tags that do not match their CREATURE tag (i.e. they are not immune to their own poison):

COBRA
SERPENT_MAN
PHANTOM_SPIDER
SPIDER

The following creatures do not have SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE tags at all:

GIANT_SCORPION
ELEMENTMAN_IRON
BEE
BUMBLEBEE
[REFERENCE]Creature Errors - Starvation, immortals, unbreedables, pet problems:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136374.0

My unofficial Modest Mod update: