Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mansionquested: Seven Dwarves in Exile  (Read 3786 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Mansionquested: Seven Dwarves in Exile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »

Yes, and yes.  Beyond that, I don't know.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »

1st Year, 15th of Limestone:
After a few days of putting it off, I finally ran out of excuses and had to invite Rakust Tinwet into my office. After I took my seat, she spent about a minute looking around the room, pretending to be impressed with the sand floors, wooden tables, and glass decorations. Finally, she began:

Tinwet: "I must say Stukos, you and your peasant friends have dug out a worthy settlement for the likes of you."

Me: "Need I remind you that you're in my office? You're at my mercy."

Tinwet: "Ah yes, I best watch my tongue around the—what was it that the peasants have been calling you, again?"

Me: "Expedition-leader-sheriff-broker."

Tinwet: "Yea, that's definitely not a position with which I have plans to tangle."

The blasted liaison showed no respect for me whatsover, and it took all of my restraint to keep myself from attacking her. Still, I wonder if the extension to my sentence that I would receive would be outweighed be outweighed by the satisfaction.

She told me that no real changes had happened back at home; "the world is the same as ever," she said. She asked me what I needed for the next year's caravan, and I answered that we could use some more raw materials, tools, seeds, foodstuffs, and drinks. I also requested a few cats and dogs, for better defense and cleanliness of the outpost. All these things she scribbled down in her book, though by her facial expressions I could sense that she doubts we'll be able to afford any of it. After I was done, she provided me with her list, and it was a total joke:

The nobles and bureaucrats know that we won't be making any spears or windows, and that we can't spare any fish or drinks; the list exists purely for mockery's sake.

In keeping with the theme of our meeting, Tinwet offered one final jest before departing.

I hope your ship capsizes, Tinwet!
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 05:45:52 pm »

I hope your ship capsizes, Tinwet!

Ha. Ha ha ha. Ha.  :D
Great dialogue!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 03:47:33 am »

1st Year, 2nd of Sandstone:
To-day, the peasants were finally finished moving all of our crafts to the trade depot, and I was able to trade with the caravan. Much to my chagrin, they greeted me more of the humor that the liaison had a few weeks back.

Apparently our efforts are "legend" back at the Mountainhomes, even though I've been exiled for not even a year. I imagine that the nobles are trying to have the public forget that I exist, too.

We were only able to afford the most basic of goods: food, leather, drink, &c.. Still, we spent most of these first months digging out the outpost; in future years, we'll be able to devote more of our time to crafts.

Winter's coming fast, and I want our outpost to remain as stable as it has been. I've commissioned a hospital to be built in the stone layers below, for even though none of us have any medical training, we'll have to have a place to try if need-be; I pray that it won't be me on the operating table, though.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 02:11:28 pm »

why cant you make spears? no metal? copper? gold? silver? bronze? ANYTHING?

will training spears count?

honestly If I were exiling dwarfs it would be to a place were we could get some use out of them.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 04:58:08 pm »

why cant you make spears? no metal? copper? gold? silver? bronze? ANYTHING?
I don't have an anvil; I'll have to see if training spears work.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 05:06:28 pm »

why don't you have an anvil?

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »

why don't you have an anvil?
I'd rather take the extra one hundred points at embark and simply buy one later than have one at the start that I might not even use for a few years.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 07:35:19 pm »

sometimes I use advanced world gen and make more points then I know what to do with, but whatever, your fort.
Pages: 1 [2]