Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 46899 times)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #465 on: April 08, 2014, 08:38:08 am »

I just engraved almost everything but I have no real idea what I could build. Maybe I build a citadel out of that lava moated thingy. However, I SUCK at mechanism. There won't be a big dwarfy defense system I fear. If there are any suggestions, I'll clearly consider those.

Water reactor? Mist generator? Carbonite encasement device? Magma upscrew for surface magma forges? A "miniature", programmable dwarven computer with pressure plates that acts as an automated OS for the whole fort?

I've got more suggestions. :) I love building giant unnecessary mechanisms that slow the FPS.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 08, 2014, 09:21:59 am »

I say, go ahead with my project if you feel like it... Just put a LOT of weapon traps on every available surface (bonus points if you actually manage to move everyone inside the citabel^^)
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 08, 2014, 09:32:36 am »

Haha, maybe sometime, but not right now. My computer's a bit incapacitated. Besides, I was just making suggestions. I have no idea what I'd do with CharmCrafted. Put me down for a turn though.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 09, 2014, 07:50:27 pm »

Excerpt of the (sadly not photografic) memory of Elfszoon the Saegkin
So the glorious time of Charmcrafted began anno Elfszoonis. The fatal reign of the corrupted Exodus was set to an early end thanks to an intervention of Him. Thereafter, silence occupied our poor home. Numerous slaughters had to be dealt with and the people were in need for something they could trust in. In this time of sadness it was, that He entered the forts busyness as new elected Dwarfrector of Operations.

His first actions were not of great joy, either, but they had to be done and later the dwarfkind would unterstand the greater Good. A bigger purpose of the arena He ordered. Now it should not just entertain the plebs but set the dead to inner peace. From now on, every Goblin slain should present a tribute to our ancestors. He saw the unresting ghosts and although they did not interfere the labors yet, He knew the threat they formed.

After Sadness there had to be hope. He knew it. He adapted ancient plans and formed them to something a dwarf could look up to. In spring the construction started. A divine citadel right at the unused lava moat. The people heard. They understood. They believed. - Him

In summer an heretic He punished. Urist, possessed by Exodus the Vile, went beserk to destroy everything He ever accomplished. But His loyal lambs tasted His power and the traitor was struck down before more than two true believer could see their end. The people in love to their savior decided to build Him a meek shelter until His fortress would be finished.

Everyone was excited what year's end would bring.

[might be a bit sloppy but it's 3am and I wanted to get some narrative on to my turn, so you guys have something to stick with while I play the last few months the other day. Hope you enjoy.]

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 10, 2014, 11:07:45 am »

Exodius the Vile, eh? That's a new one^^ Shame you got the characters wrong, my first dwarf is dead, new one is called Blade Weed Pudding^^

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 10, 2014, 11:24:37 am »

I referred to you as 'Exodus'. Thought I could get some mysticism into this and your name is a quasi invite.  Don't know about you, but Pudding just does not feel *that* evil to me :/

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 10, 2014, 11:27:01 am »

I referred to you as 'Exodus'. Thought I could get some mysticism into this and your name is a quasi invite.  Don't know about you, but Pudding just does not feel *that* evil to me :/

Your imagination is a failure. Imagine, if you will... a bowl of Tapioca pudding. If the slightest thing goes wrong during preparation, you are feeding your friend (victim) a bowl full of gooey, jiggly neurotoxin.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 10, 2014, 11:34:35 am »

Quasi-religious pathos does not fill me with confidence. Might be memories of tales of what awful attempts at brutal fortress murder tended to ensue when the voice of the narrator became too lofty.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 11, 2014, 03:45:23 am »

Gentleman, Please! This is supposed to be thread of !!SCIENCE!! and art! Keep Cthulhu to other threads, like that silly Murderwheel!

In all honesty I do not mind that much, just please, PM me first before making me a villain... after all villain needs to have a motivation and i can make one up.... i mean make sure one makes sense^^

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 13, 2014, 09:09:06 am »

Last strings of the memory of Elfszoon the Saegkin

The work on His citadel went forward. First Walls and Stairways were installed. Everything was in place. but the wealth He created attracted the Vile Forces once again. Beasts never known to men used their brutal force to occupy and destroy everything He possessed. Dwarvenkin was able to seal them away once again, but some brave souls would enter the myths these day. Led by Kish the miner, a handful of peasents were able to do the unthinkable.

Mad about His accomplishments the Evil would not rest. Few days had past when another Creature joined the scene. The legends will tell a story about love and despair. Isolation, desire and hate. He knew the truth about greater forces.

[still a few months to come, but almost done]

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2014, 05:19:22 am »

Hmm, it's been a while now. Is there still interest in this fort? We still have two prospective overseers.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2014, 05:58:41 am »

I still care about the fort but this seems to be a pattern with bay2 forums.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 23, 2014, 01:19:55 pm »

Sorry about the time :<. Life started doing things and then I had to visit people cause holidays. However, I finished my round. Mainly I built at the Citadel. Just before spring a siege arrived but everything *should* be safe now. Though we'll lose the depot and I had to seal off the tunnel to the citadel, but it should be relatively easy to reclaim and secure.

teh save

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2014, 03:13:19 am »

Admin post edited. Next in line should be Arcvasti.

Interesting to see that we're still getting ogres in sieges. Seems they don't depend on the general.

A new overseer might want to reclaim and re-order the defensive architecture. There are still prisoners sitting in cages where they were trapped two years ago. The weapon traps seem to have done very good work, so if in doubt, you might want to expand those some more.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2014, 04:32:11 am »

Can I throw in a suggestion?

Remember when I said I wanted the Citadel to be like Sen's Fortress? For extra points, in weapon traps inside the Citadel, use only Giant Axe Blades and Crossbows^^
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40