Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 39526 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 4: Hey, they're back.
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »

((I'll be updating this weekend! Because there's only two days left of school, I...kinda have some work to finish up.))
Yeah, um...scratch that. I have the flu. I'll update as soon as I get better, though. Hopefully that's soon.

Hope you get well soon! :3
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2013, 07:51:08 pm »

((I'll be updating this weekend! Because there's only two days left of school, I...kinda have some work to finish up.))
Yeah, um...scratch that. I have the flu. I'll update as soon as I get better, though. Hopefully that's soon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2013, 07:54:47 pm »

Yeah I hope you get better soon
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 29, 2013, 10:17:08 pm »

Indeed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:37 pm »

Indeed.

Well, I'm better now, save for an occasional hearty cough, so Turn tomorrow.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2014, 01:17:51 pm »

Most unfortunate.  This would not do.

Return fire with TOAST.
[1 Vs. 2+1] Spawning some more toast into the launcher, you cook it to, like, 100 fucking degrees or some shit, and...

It flops out onto the ground. Crap, that bullet really did some damage to you.

You're about to load some more bread, when another shot rings out, and another, and another! All of them connect, sending you soaring towards to stone arch behind you.

[NEGATIVE 1 TOUGHNESS]

The impact with the rocky wall send pieces of your body flying in all directions, and you can feel your battery draining quickly. In fact, you can see you battery draining out onto the ground.

Well, that was a good run.

"Hah! Perfect! A complete view of all of the targets for my pickings!"

Slide down and go in sneak mode, using my time stop to forward myself when needed.
[2+1] Sliding wouldn't be the best idea, seeing how much your hands are shaking right now. Damn it's cold up there...

You manages to get down to a few rungs above the roof, when you look around to examine the battlefield. Including that one person aiming an bow right at you! You let go of the antenna, the arrow barely missing you as you crash through the wooden roof, relatively unharmed. Luckily, the arena...people pay for all repairs to the arena itself.

You think.

Drop the car on Tupac.
[2+2 Vs. 4+1]
Now that you realize that cars are rather heavy, even for a dragon, you decide that the best place to unload it would be...

Ah, yes, right on top of it's owner! Genius!

Flapping your way over, you try waiting for just the right moment to drop the car, which happens to be....

NOW!

You drop the cars, and it plummets down to earth, but just before it touches down, the gangster you were aiming for dives out of the way, and puts a bullet in the red guy's head, only for him to land unharmed right underneath the falling luxury car. Whoops.

Well, you killed someone. So that's a success!

[GWG GETS 2 KILL POINTS]

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:
Done and Done:

Kill someone that uses a Toughness Point to come back to life, only for them to be killed again.
Reward: Spell of Choice (Within Reason)
Recipients: 2Pac and GWG

Point at the sky clear opposite of the arena. At that point, open a portal to the elemental plane of Liquid Tungsten.
[1-1]
Taking out your notebook where you write down certain useful incantations, you point across the arena, and shout several strange words, before closing the book and waiting...

And waiting...

And waiting...

Until you hear the unmistakable sound of a portal opening! You wait in anticipation for the molten metal to begin pouring out...

Before you yourself are engulfed in the liquid tungsten! Maybe you should get better handwriting before you scribble down spells for use later.

[Derm gains 1 Darwin Point]

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:
And the Darwin Award goes to...

Get the first Darwin Point
Reward: Bragging Rights. What? You killed yourself and expect a reward?
Recipient: Derm

RESPAWN?

Get on my moose. Ride down Tupac
[4 Vs. 6+1] Hopping on your majestic stalli-oh who are we kidding it's a fucking moose.

You hop on the goddamn moose and rush the gangster bastard. However, at the last second, he leaps out of the way and OW FUCKING SHIT OW HELL AH.

Everything fades to black, and you feel your body hit the ground.

[1 Toughness Point Used]

Only to wake up seconds later without your shield and no moose in sight. Shit, whatever that bastard did to you must have scared off Bullwinkle.

You get up shakily, and sigh, knowing that this is going to be a long day.

[5 Vs. 2]

Or not. As you finish brushing yourself off, you're suddenly engulfed in a large shadow, before being brutally crushed by a falling Lamborghini. Ouch.

RESPAWN?

Swap out AK47 for Magnum Revolver. Give Captain Canada a proper thug execution.
[5+1 Vs. 2]
Watching as the Mountie Moron mounts his moose, you place your AK back into that inexplicable bag of holding of yours, and pull out the Revolver. Suddenly, the sorta-towering-but-not-really animal charges right at you! You dive out of the way and plug a shot or two into the Canadian's head, sending him to the ground.

You're about to walk away, when the moose runs off and the Captain...gets up? Weird...

However, he isn't up for long, as he's immediately crushed by...HOLY SHIT THAT WAS YOUR CAR!

:(

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:
Done and Done:

Kill someone that uses a Toughness Point to come back to life, only for them to be killed again.
Reward: Spell of Choice (Within Reason)
Recipients: 2Pac and GWG

Liquify, and move at pace to meet (and slam into, with force) the source of the falling related noise
[3-1] Man, it's really hard to melt without heat. Sure, you managed to form yourself into a bunch of spikes earlier through sheer willpower, but you definitely can't do that again. At least, not yet. Man, if only someone would build a fire next to you. It's really just common courtesy.

KILL ORANGE.
[N/A] Getting a rather unsettling vibe from the orange toaster, you take several steps towards, only to watch it inexplicably fly into a rock and shatter.

Well, that solves THAT problem.

The marine quickly situated himself, it wasn't the first time he had been dumped into a dangerous situation.
The Marine rushes to the closest cover, and then starts looking for enemies.
[4+1]
Noticing an alarming amount of stuff happening in the lower level, and some weird hunter girl up above, you decide the best idea would be to fall back. And fall back you do, heading into one of the arena's old Spawn Rooms and taking cover behind a wall. That should do for the time being.

Continue to take advantage of my position. fire upon anyone that attacks me. if nobody attacks me then fire upon whomever I have the best shot at. I'd prefer to use the bow, but if they look like arrows can't hurt them effectively (see: elephant, giant blob of water, etc) then use my arm-cannon. If anyone looks to be prone to getting in meele with me, keep my distance from them, and if anyone attacks me with ranged weapons, dodge the attack.
[1+5 Vs. 6+1] Crouching down and loading an arrow into the bow, you look around for a target. Suddenly, movement from the centre antenna catches your eye. Squinting a bit, you notice someone climbing down, rather slowly. Taking aim, you release an arrow at him, only for him to suddenly let go of the structure and crash through the room of the building! The arrow flies past him, pretty much harmlessly. Phooey.

Vic fires off another few shots at the kitchen appliance.
[6+1 Vs. 3]
Peeking your head out of the house, you take aim at the poor toaster, and squeeze off a few shots, all of which connect!

You watch as the orange device flies haphazardly towards the stone archway, shattering on impact and filling you with satisfaction.

But only for a few moments, until something crashes through the roof behind you, almost sending you tumbling out of the doorway to the ground below! Thankfully that doesn't ACTUALLY happen, but it could have!

[Vic Sage gets 2 Kill Points!]

Send out the ice demon to attack the closest person and summon up another fire demon
[4+1+1]
The ice demon complies and floats on over to the sheet of ice on the lower level, detecting a strange life force coming from it.

Meanwhile, you sit down again, and summon a rather neat-looking fire demon, complete with heat barrier around it. It's about as tall as you, and she seems ready to fight!

Ice Demon:
[6 Vs. 6]
However, when the ice demon gets to the sheet of ice, he realizes that ice moves aren't very effective against other ice types. So he gives up and goes off returns to his master.

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 5: The New Guy.
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2014, 01:21:50 pm »

No bonus for me being cloaked?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2014, 01:26:15 pm »

No bonus for me being cloaked?

You weren't cloaked, seeing as how you had just been chucked out a window and probably didn't have enough time for the watch to be active. I treat the Cloak N Dagger as activating when one didn't move much the previous turn and is staying still for the majority of the turn used.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2014, 01:27:45 pm »

Ah.  Phooey.

Respawn as far north as possible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2014, 03:09:52 pm »

Yes respawn.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »

southwest
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2014, 04:31:56 pm »

Respawn.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2014, 06:02:14 pm »

Move into gauss rifle range of the hunter girl.  Fire off a burst at her, try to stay in cover if possible.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »

Vic ignores the crashing behind him, for the moment at least. "Tsk, tsk. Shame I had to do that to the little thing. Some toast would be divine right now..."
He notices the newcomer to the room and fires off a quick shot before... stepping back and dropping out the doorway to the ground below. Possibly even doing a flip or two before landing, as flair is pretty damned important.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27