Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 39562 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: Turn 1: First Injuries
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2013, 03:01:54 am »

run the turn with him staring at the pretty clouds?
Just have him defend. At this point, it's been too long.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

Yep. I PM'd him, and he hasn't responded. I'll idle him. Turn coming tonight.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2013, 12:33:55 pm »

Spoiler: Pre-Turn Stat Idea (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »

((@ toughness idea: to quote what you told us before:
Finally, Toughness doesn't have to do with rolls, but can reduce the damage you take. So if you have an 8 in it, a blade is going to get caught in your arm instead of passing right through. And a 1 or 2 is going to let i carve through you like fucking butter.
that seems to be almost exactly what you told us it did, so yes, I'm perfectly fine with that.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2013, 01:06:18 pm »

Spoiler: Pre-Turn Stat Idea (click to show/hide)
((Fine by me, I guess.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: Turn 2: Achievements and MURDER
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2013, 01:56:07 pm »

Charge toward the center, and toast the elephant.
[4+1 Vs. 1+1]
You launch some flaming wheat products at the rogue pachyderm, with them landing straight on its back and charring its flesh to be less of a light grey and more of a light charcoal. Eh, not really much improvement. If only burns turned skin, like, purple.

"Grr."

Surround myself in a cylindrical wall of lightning.

[3+1] You pull a Magicka E-QR-A and bring up some tesla coil...things to shields you. They kinda look like just purple bars of lightning, that something small enough could get through, and they don't seem to move WITH you, but it looks like it'd cause a pretty big electrical explosion if something were to touch it.

Fast-forward myself in time, so that I may gain speed and surprise attack whoever shot me.
{AGILITY ROLL}
[1+1+1 Vs. 5+5]
Fuuuuuck, this girl is just TOO MUCH! Maybe you should just give up on her. Use your awesome Time-Manipulative powers on someone more worthy.

Pah.

However, you're just in the middle of your inner monologue of power when YOUR OTHER ARM GETS BLOWN OFF.

Fuck. How are you going to wield that TOTALLY AWESOME Amethyst Katana NOW!?

Apologize to the fire as I put it out, then look for a moose to ride.
[3] This fire does not need apologizing to! It is AMERICAN FIRE! So you stamp it out with a bit of difficulty after gaining a couple burns on your leg.
[5] "MOOSE! COME TO ME!"
A moose comes to you! And he is a SPECTACULAR MOOSE.
You produce a saddle out of nowhere and hop on. Now, where to?

Accelerate and ram GWG with the Lamborghini.
[6 Vs. 1-1]
DAMN BIGGS. ALWAYS RUINING YOUR TIME OFF.
You put the pedal to the floor, and the car lurches forwards, towards the defenceless dog, and OH GOD I CAN'T LOOK IT'S JUST LIKE EVERY FUCKING DOG MOVIE EVER.

[+1 Toughness USED]

Oh. Except it's not. The dog appears relatively unharmed, except for a now missing tail. It barks repeatedly, jumps on the hood of your car, scratching the paint a bit, before leaping SO FUCKING HIGH UP IN THE AIR. WOAH. Well, that was a strange turn of events.

The Question glances out from his hiding spot, only to find some pachyderm assaulting a young woman! Of course, Vic - being the mildly insane vigilante that he is - thinks quickly, immediately leaving cover and giving the ferocious beast a quick punch, then trying to leap atop it and ride it.
[6 Vs. 3+1] YEE HAW COWBOYS AND GIRLS AND ALL THAT JAZZ!
You sock the beast in the eye, and, while it's stunned, leap on its back!
Upon which you are struck with a great pain in the ass.

...is that fire?

The Question glances out from his hiding spot, only to find some pachyderm assaulting a young woman! Of course, Vic being the mildly insane vigilante that he is, thinks quickly, immediately leaving cover and giving the ferocious beast a quick punch, then trying to leap atop it and ride it.
Elephant Parade recognizes the new threat, and attacks it instead.
[5+2 Vs. 1+1] OW! OW! FUCK! WHY! IS! EVERYONE! HURTING! YOU!!
[Vic Sage -1 Toughness]
After getting a rather large beating, you realize someone is on your back. And THAT is the LAST STRAW! You grab him from your back with your trunk, and smash him into the ground repeatedly, each time releasing more blood from the poor man's cranium, after a few moments, you let go, and look at your masterpiece. Ah, what a bloody mess. If only there was some water here to clean that shit up...

[+2 KILL POINTS]
[ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED]
Obligatory:
Get the first kill.
Reward: 3 KP

[YOU GAINED ONE SKILL POINT! PUT IT INTO ANY OF THE STATS YOU'D LIKE!]

Lacie scowled as she jumped away from the animal that had interrupted her cloud gazing, it didn't look like she would be able to get any peace until she dealt with it.

Summon up a demon of fire to deal with this annoying creature
[3+1+1] Closing your eyes and humming a few notes and incantations and such, a fire spirit about your size materializes, charring the ground beneath it.

However, before you can send it to do your dirty work, it's absolutely destroyed by a falling block of water. Shit. All that work for nothing.

Dash down the pipe towards the central tower, then turn around and open fire upon anyone pursuing me when they have nowhere to dodge while I continue to back away.
{AGILITY ROLL}
[See Artemis' Turn]
[5 Vs. 2] What a silly person. Doesn't he know that you were in the top of your class in gym? That you join the cross country team and they banned you for having an unfair advantage, even though it was really all skill?

Well, now that he's struggling behind you, time to take pot-shots!

Aaaaaand there goes his OTHER arm! Woo!

OHSHITOW.

You fall to the floor with a thump, having tripped over...was that a toaster? Huh. Strange thing to find here, especially orange. You look to the side to see...

Wow.

A veritable Treasure Trove of weaponry! Like...wow. That's a shit ton of dangerous stuff.

(CENTER BUILDING CONTAINS AMMO AND STOCK OF EVERY TF2 WEAPON.)

Turn back into a dragon, then step on the car that idiot is trying to ram me with before flying up through the hole in the roof and keep going up.
Before you're able to get up from this AMAZING roll in the grass, you're fatally struck by a rather fancy car being driven by a rapper with a grudge! Expect it's really not so fatal.
[2] Well, now that that ordeal is over, time to turn back into a dragon!

...Ahem. BACK INTO A DRAGON!

No? Shit. It seems your shapeshifting ability has been disabled by the crash.

[ABILITY TEMP. LOST: SHAPESHIFT]

[3] However, in your current state, you do manage to scratch up the car's paintjob pretty badly. HA! TAKE THAT, YOU BASTARD!
[6] You leap pretty fucking high, for a dog. Heck, you leap pretty fucking high for most creatures! In fact, you're now on the roof of that centre building.

Rush for the central platform, before looking to drop off it onto someone, selecting the target most likely to be harmed by 1000 kg of angry water.
[3+3 Vs. (Fire Demon) 3] Hm. There's quite a few people down there, but one's dead, one's an elephant, and...ooh, is that fire! You can kill that easily! YEAH! You slide over the edge, flopping heavily down on the fire being, squashing and extinguishing it immediately. That was easy.

[+1 KILL POINT]

[ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!]
Easy Come, Easy Go:
Kill an enemy that spawned just that round.
Reward: 3 KP

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 04:00:12 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2013, 02:26:54 pm »

Artemis watches as his arm is blown off and his katana skitters away on the floor. He is not so concerned with his arm; rather he is concerned with his katana.

"No! My katana! How dare you!"

Activate ZERO FORM. Use time stopping to get to Lenglon. Proceed to kick Lenglon to the floor.

(Jeez, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with the whole katana thing. I am assuming this is payback.)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2013, 02:30:25 pm »

((Nah, no payback. Just ironically bad rolls. I could've blown of a leg but I felt that that would be more hindering than another arm. You could always stick the katana in your arm stump and treat it like an arm.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2013, 02:33:34 pm »

(Nah it's all cool. Besides, I find it much more Artemis' style to run around with no arms kicking people off of heights.
Because that's just how Artemis rolls.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2013, 02:43:30 pm »

Weaponry, hm?  What's this little thing do?

Hit up the weaponry and loot the Construction PDA.  If that's not there, the Cloak and Dagger.  Failing THAT, the Scottish Resistance.

Also shoot some toast at that person near me if s/he looks at me funny.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »

"Coulda swore someone was about to jump me... hm."

Teleport atop the tower in the middle.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2013, 04:34:03 pm »

Head towards Tupac while extolling the benefits of socialized healthcare to those who will listen.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

Use my downward momentum to get into as thin and wide a layer as possible - lets get slippery!
This is a blank sig.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »

Head towards Tupac while extolling the benefits of socialized healthcare to those who will listen.

"Hey dawg', you kind of look like a normal person? Want to team up to defeat the legion of Biggie Smalls?"

Get out of car, scale the map to the next level of elevation. At that point, pull out AK47 and shoot GWG, if visible. If not, just keep gun out and watch out for anyone crazy that gets to close.

((I don't have a problem with the new implementation for toughness, though it basically means that everyone gets Tupac's special ability. So much for being unique...))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:49 pm »

"Hey dawg', you kind of look like a normal person? Want to team up to defeat the legion of Biggie Smalls?"
"Sure, after all, we have so much in common."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27