Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 38877 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: Turn 2: Achievements and MURDER
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2013, 11:54:23 am »

((Easily solved with awarding extra KP for offing someone way over you and/or extra DP (either flavor) for getting killed by someone way lower than you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2013, 11:59:13 am »

((That requires that you be able to kill your extreme superiors before you fall too far behind. Which, again, is a matter of luck.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »

* Toaster points at the name of the subforum
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »

((That doesn't mean that a few lives of bad luck should cripple you for the whole game. One life? Fine. If that leaves you vulnerable and unable to catch up?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2013, 03:18:44 pm »

((It won't cripple you for the whole game. Remember, there's a thing called achievements.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »

((Are these achievements awarded pseudorandomly as the GM sees they are needed?))
Sig

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »

((Are these achievements awarded pseudorandomly as the GM sees they are needed?))
I'd imagine so. It seems like the Greenstarfanatic-y thing to do, so y'know. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »

((Yep. Achievements are awarded for things I consider cool or notable, or even mundane, if they mark a milestone. So someone might get an achievement for falling off of the top of the radio spire and surviving, or getting up onto the spire in the first place. Things like that.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »

((...Wouldn't it be harder to do something like that whilst weakened by repeated deaths?))
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:14 pm »

((Not really. Besides, I can guarantee you that one lost stat point is not going to hinder you, and that nobody's going to die 6 times before the boss fight. I doubt many people will die more than around 12 times throughout this entire adventure.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2013, 12:51:57 pm »

((Turn coming tonight.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2013, 02:09:41 am »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 09, 2013, 11:32:38 am »

Yeah, so much for that plan. I'll do it tonight, I don't have work. I promise.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2013, 02:32:26 pm »

Artemis watches as his arm is blown off and his katana skitters away on the floor. He is not so concerned with his arm; rather he is concerned with his katana.

"No! My katana! How dare you!"

Activate ZERO FORM. Use time stopping to get to Lenglon. Proceed to kick Lenglon to the floor.
[6 Vs. 5] Channelling your rage into a specific point in your body, a wave of purely aesthetic purple energy burst forth from you, flowing through the arena for a split second, before freezing. Hm. This should work well.

You jog up the logs and across the slightly damp pipe, careful not to lose you balance, before unfreezing time in mid-leap toward -.-

Time speeds right back up again, sending the schoolgirl flying across the room! She wheezes for a few moments, before...

Your entire body explodes at the molecular level. Pretty much everything is covered in blood. Not that you can see that anymore, you're dead as a doornail. That exploded at the molecular level.

RESPAWN?

Hit up the weaponry and loot the Construction PDA.  If that's not there, the Cloak and Dagger.  Failing THAT, the Scottish Resistance.

Also shoot some toast at that person near me if s/he looks at me funny.

[2-1 Vs. 5] Unfortunately, you're not fast enough to snatch up the Construction PDA, but you do manage to wrap the strange watch thing around yourself. You slowly fade from visibility, And try rolling around the area for a moment, only for the invisibility to disappear as soon as you begin moving.
Well.
That could be useful.
[1+1 Vs. 3]
However, that person who took your buildy-thingy needs to pay! You line up a shot at her, seeing as she's now being slammed into a wall, aaaaaaaan-HOLY SHIT HE EXPLODED AT THE MOLECULAR LEVEL.

Your shot flies out the doorway, probably landing somewhere in the water below. Phooey.

"Coulda swore someone was about to jump me... hm."

Teleport atop the tower in the middle.

[1+1] You wave your hands for a few moments, before realizing you forgot that specific teleport spell. So you remain trapped in your self-made electric cage. Which is actually fairly boring.

Head towards Tupac while extolling the benefits of socialized healthcare to those who will listen.
[3] Nobody really cares about healthcare when they're in a fight to the death in which nobody can REALLY die, so you really just focus on following the hyperactive black guy up the hill.

You watch as he...woah, shit, is he...? Naw, he couldn't be! Why would he-OH CRAP HE DID.

Use my downward momentum to get into as thin and wide a layer as possible - lets get slippery!
[5] Using that great downwards momentum of yours, you spread, well, fairly well. You debate whether you'd be able to hold this shape, when you feel yourself becoming more and more rigid, freezing up. Literally! You turn into a wide sheet of ice, with rather immense pressure on you...Urgh. Hopefully that feeling of pressure goes away soon..

Get out of car, scale the map to the next level of elevation. At that point, pull out AK47 and shoot GWG, if visible. If not, just keep gun out and watch out for anyone crazy that gets to close.
[6+1 Vs. 6-1] You watch as the guy riding the moose follows you up the hill, and watches you pull out your rifle, popping a few caps into the poor pup on the roof, basically disabling two of his legs, before it leaps off the roof on its own, splatting against your car with a thud. Poor guy. He probably just wanted to fly or something stupid like that. It's a really gruesome sight. You wish it hadn't landed on your car, to be honest.

[TUPAC GETS +2 KILL POINTS]

Cast Shapechange. Turn into a roc, pick up Tupac's car, and drop it from a good height.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are frail and allegedly taste good with ketchup!"
[2] Your magic skill is not high enough for such a complex spell!

Well, at the very least you could attempt to fly and pick that car up. It might work.

[1] OH SHIT WHOOP NOPE, you just got shot in the leg. In a delusional attempt at flying, you leap off of the roof, plummeting to the ground and creating a rather large mess on the guy's car. Sort of ironic. You just fixed his paint job, sorta.

RESPAWN?

Get up again and open fire on the madman chasing me while he still has nowhere to dodge.
If I somehow can't stop him, then just focus on keeping my distance from him, survival > looting.

If he goes down smoothly and I have a moment to take a breather, dismiss my arm cannon and dump the calculator and a couple snacks (four links) as well as a cool looking watch into my schoolbag to help me with my homework, before collecting a weapon that I got some training with at school, though I'm used to a different style, and carrying it (and a quiver of arrows of course) with me as I go back to the elevated position I was at earlier.

[6+5 Vs. 1] You turn around to suddenly see someone FLYING AT YOU LEGS FIRST AT HIGH SPEEDS!

You get knocked into the wall behind you, and wheeze a bit at the armless guy taunts you for a moment. You take the brief moment to materialize your arm cannon, press it against his pelvis, and HOOOOOOLY SHIT HE EXPLODED AT THE MOLECULAR LEVEL! A faint red mist covers everything, and you get up calmly, picking up various items from the pile, including a quiver of 13 arrows, which you sling across your back.

[-.- GETS 2 KILL POINTS!]

[ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:]
Exploding at the Molecular Level:
Discover your OVERKILL ability.
Reward: 3 KP

-.- GAINS A STAT POINT TO SPEND!

Lacie looked on in annoyance as the water from above extinguished her demon, this time she would summon up something not so vulnerable to water

Once again Lacie began to chant this time trying summon a demon of ice to the battlefield
[2+1+1] Watching as the water...thing...that killed your demon practically disappears from sight, you conjure up a rather average-looking ice demon that-WOAH SHIT.

You struggle to keep your balance as the ice demon's mere presence freezes the layer of water under your feet, turning the damp mess into a very dangerously slippery mess! And what doesn't make it any better is the tusk currently sticking through your chest.

[Toughness -1]

Normally, you'd probably be able to get this fixed up, but...oh god that really fucking hurts. You close your eyes, bite your lip, and wait for the darkness to take you.

RESPAWN?

Move to a position where I can trample both nearby dots. STAMPEDE!
[6+2 Vs. 4] Backing up, you activate STAMPEDE! Only for the one watery thing to disappear and for the ground to get a lot less...frictiony....er....whatever. The point is, you step foot on the sheet of ice, sliding helplessly towards the demon-summoner, as one of your tucks impales the girls straight through the chest, and...well, just keeps going, smashing both your and the girl into a nearby rock. Luckily, you're safe, but...yeah, she's definitely dead.

[+2 KILL POINTS!]

[+1 KILL POINT TO MONKEYHEAD FOR ASSIST]

[MONKEYHEAD GAINS 1 STAT POINT TO SPEND!]

Ah, sorry. Figured I didn't have a choice in where I respawn...
Er, let's go with a nice calm spot nearby the recently discovered stockpile of weaponry, if that'd be possible.

Selecting your position in the Arena's Respawn Matrix, you reappear somewhere...rather dark. You attempt to move forwards, and fall out of the closet you were in, right onto your face. Well, at least you're alive.

James Evan takes a nap. Seeing this, Arena Staff enter briefly and remove him from the area.

NEW PARTICIPANT NEEDED

Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrants (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2013, 02:42:14 pm »

Wonder what in my action indicated that I should fly despite not having shapechanged.

Respawn. Pick up the effing car and fly as high as possible.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27