Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 20928 times)

Lenglon

  • Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »

((fair enough))

Return to my previous elevated position (the one near the east edge of the arena) and look for targets.

If I get attacked at any point, abort my travels and focus on evasion and returning fire with my arm-cannon. if I manage to eliminate the attacker then resume my original action afterwards.

If upon reaching my destination I spot a target at long range, loose an arrow upon the target.

If upon reaching my destination I spot a target at medium range, loose an arrow upon the target.

If upon reaching my destination I spot a target at close range, open fire with  my arm-cannon and maintain some distance from them.

If upon reaching my destination I am unable to spot a target, sit down, try on my new watch, and start doing my math homework. use my new calculator to help me.

Oh, and um, +1 to agi. I need to maintain my advantage and everyone else is going for agi...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:45:02 pm by Lenglon »
Logged
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MonkeyHead

  • Bay Watcher
  • Fireworks, or DIE!
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2013, 03:43:06 pm »

+1 to agility please...

Pressure is not good, nor nice. Something squishy feeling is stanging on me! Lets see just how squishy.

Attempt to form upwards pointing icicle spikes to poke at the bag of meat stomping/sliding on/over me
Logged
This is a blank sig.

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »

Pressure is not good, nor nice. Something squishy feeling is stanging on me!
That can't be pleasant. I certainly wouldn't want to be stoog on...
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SomeStupidGuy

  • Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2013, 04:00:34 pm »

Vic gives a drawn out sigh as he stands up, and quickly activates his binary gas smokescreen.
After all, he can't have anyone interrupting him as he retrieves a weapon- preferably a revolver(gotta stick to the noir style, after all)- and counterattacks the shockingly violent little toaster with said weapon.

((I should come up with a profile for my second avatar before I die again...))
Logged
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Persus13

  • Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »

"You killed a puppy! Prepare to meet Canadian justice!"

Charge Tupac and hit him with my shield.
Logged
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Alarith

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2013, 05:57:34 pm »

((I'll join.))
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Logged
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Greenstarfanatic

  • Bay Watcher
  • Warlock of Deals
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »

((Cool, you're in. I'll spawn you somewhere random, if that's okay with you.))
Logged
*logs into the dark net* "dark BadDragon show me illegal buttplugs"

Alarith

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

((That's fine.
Logged
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

TCM

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:06 pm »

"You killed a puppy! Prepare to meet Canadian justice!"

Charge Tupac and hit him with my shield.

"Self-defense! Punk-ass turncoat!"

Shoot the Canadian in the face with my AK.
Logged
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

  • Bay Watcher
  • Warlock of Deals
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #234 on: December 12, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »

((Huh. Everyone's already here. Well, I can't update tonight, but I CAN work on it tomorrow night. So expect an update at least over the weekend.))
Logged
*logs into the dark net* "dark BadDragon show me illegal buttplugs"

Greenstarfanatic

  • Bay Watcher
  • Warlock of Deals
    • View Profile
The Avatar Arena: Turn 4: Hey, they're back.
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »


Respawn. Pick up the effing car and fly as high as possible.
[4] Luckily, you manage to respawn on the ground. Not that it matters. You're a pretty average sized dragon. Probably just a little bigger than the car.

Oh yeah, the car! You almost forgot, that bastard needs to pay!

[6 Vs. 1] Damn, for a Lamborghini, it's surprisingly light! Or maybe all of the usual weight is contained in the paint or something that you scratched off. Or maybe it's just that you're a dragon. Maybe you'll never know. But now you have a large car in your claws, and are at around the same level as that center building place.

Respawn
[3] Shit. As you respawn, you realize you didn't...really...specify where you wanted to respawn. Maybe that's why you're halfway up the antenna in the middle of the map, clinging on for your life. Maybe you be a bit more specific next time. Or bribe the staff.

Fire toast at the Question near me, then run down the pipe all the way to the wall.  Continue north a bit if there's time.
[2 Vs. 6] That bastard will PAY for ruining the close-whoah, damn, what's this white smoke shit? Eh, back to toast.
You launch a piece of flaming bread...onto the floor in front of you. Crap. Time for your escape!
[1] OH CRAP OW

As you turn and roll away, a bullet slams into your orange shell, sending you flying out of the exit, landing with a THUD below. Thankfully, you appear to be okay. Except for that hole in you. Oh well, it didn't hit your motherboard, you're still fine. You might have a bit of trouble firing toast now, though.

[Temp Lost 2 Agility Points]

((Well that could have gone better, also is my ice demon still alive or does it disappear when I die))

Respawn in the upper right corner of the arena
[5] You respawn on a bit of a slant, and, after regaining your balance from the sudden shift in standing ground, you look around to see...

Oh cool!

Your Ice Demon survived! He floats happily next to you, creating a small patch of snow beneath him.

Teleport over to that pipe to the right. Fire a magma ball into the house.
[2+1] You focus a good deal of your magical energy into this one spell, but release it a bit too early, so you only teleport to, well, right outside your little cage. It seems to still be going strong, that thing. It's a shame you'll have to leave it behind and PAH screw that thing, FIREBALL!

[3+1 Vs. 5] A basketball-sized ball of magma forms in your hands, and you launch it at the wall of the building, where it...

Splatters and slides down slowly, doing no damage whatsoever.

Damn. Stupid thing must be made of something other than wood. Or metal. Maybe rock?

Return to my previous elevated position (the one near the east edge of the arena) and look for targets.

If I get attacked at any point, abort my travels and focus on evasion and returning fire with my arm-cannon. if I manage to eliminate the attacker then resume my original action afterwards.

If upon reaching my destination I spot a target at long range, loose an arrow upon the target.

If upon reaching my destination I spot a target at medium range, loose an arrow upon the target.

If upon reaching my destination I spot a target at close range, open fire with  my arm-cannon and maintain some distance from them.

If upon reaching my destination I am unable to spot a target, sit down, try on my new watch, and start doing my math homework. use my new calculator to help me.
[6] Shit. There's a lot of people. You choose to attack that...beast down there. Is that a pigeon? Whatever, it's dead now.

[2+6 vs. 5] HaHA! Beautiful shot, that is! Right in the ass! He seems to still be alive though. Maybe you could fix it.

...Or the ice could fix it for you. Damn. That looks...painful. Even for an elephant.

...Is he...getting UP from that? Damn, he's resilient.

Attempt to form upwards pointing icicle spikes to poke at the bag of meat stomping/sliding on/over me
[6 Vs. 1+1-1+1] Well, you totally would try that out, if the pressure were still OH WOW IT'S BACK TIME TO DO THE THING

Focusing your energy into shooting upwards, you form yourself into several spikes, and suddenly, the pressure is gone! From your surface, that is. You still feel some pressure...

Huh. And now it's gone completely. If only you had eyes, so you could see what just happened.

Hmm. Defend.
[5 Vs. 2+6] Pah, what's there to defend from? It's not like that girl's a threat right nOWOWOWOWOW.

You feel a sudden, sharp pain in...well, your ass, and nearly fall to the ground. Instead you stumble backwards a bit, before one of your legs slides out from under you, taking you to the icy ground. Hopefully you'll be safe here.

[1+1-1+1 Vs. 6] SIKE!

Suddenly, you're lifted into the air, and would feel like you were flying, if it weren't for the fact that it's several cold spikes being shoved into your stomach. Everything fades to black for a minute.

[TOUGHNESS 1/2]

And you wake up next to the ice spikes, perfectly fine. Except...something feels different. You feel...less...pointy. Shit. Your tusks are gone. Damn hunters.

[Monkeyhead +1 KP]

Vic gives a drawn out sigh as he stands up, and quickly activates his binary gas smokescreen.
After all, he can't have anyone interrupting him as he retrieves a weapon- preferably a revolver(gotta stick to the noir style, after all)- and counterattacks the shockingly violent little toaster with said weapon.

((I should come up with a profile for my second avatar before I die again...))
[5] After activating the smokescreen, you snatch up...oh, cool, DualPistols!

[1+2 Vs. 6]
[2+1 Vs. 1] You're aim's a bit off in this smoke, even if you do have slightly psychic powers, and the first shot bounces off the wall and embeds itself in the wall. Your Ambassador shot manages to connect, though, and it knocks the little appliance out of the doorway. Huh. This might be the beginning of a great little relationship with that gun.

"You killed a puppy! Prepare to meet Canadian justice!"

Charge Tupac and hit him with my shield.
[2+1 Vs. 5+1] Enraged by the blatant animal abuse by this disgustingly armed-to-the-teeth man, you lunge at him with your shield. However, he's obviously spry enough to avoid the bash, and returns fire with the very same gun he used to slaughter the poor, defenseless puppy!

Unfortunately, the shield manages to deflect a bullet right into your foot. Those things are really getting beaten lately...

"You killed a puppy! Prepare to meet Canadian justice!"

Charge Tupac and hit him with my shield.

"Self-defense! Punk-ass turncoat!"

Shoot the Canadian in the face with my AK.
[5+1 Vs. 4+1] Damn Canadians! After jumping away from his shield bash, you point your AK at him, and fire! While most of the bullets fail to connect, instead bouncing off his shield, one manages to bounce into his foot! HA! THAT'LL LEARN HIM!


The new entrant falls headfirst out of another vent at the top of the arena, landing in the bottom right area of the map. The Arena's GPS has yet to pick up his signal, though. But he's there.


Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:51:08 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Logged
*logs into the dark net* "dark BadDragon show me illegal buttplugs"

Toaster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2013, 01:30:25 pm »

Most unfortunate.  This would not do.

Return fire with TOAST.
Logged
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2013, 01:32:38 pm »

"Hah! Perfect! A complete view of all of the targets for my pickings!"

Slide down and go in sneak mode, using my time stop to forward myself when needed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:05:03 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Logged
The best of us lies within the darkness of our hearts. We are the spectrum of life and death, the Guardians of the Medium. We are the ones that hurt and the ones that laugh. We cry, we smile, we destroy, we create.
We will take our pain and suffering and phase it through a new light.
We are the Medium itself.

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 3: Exploding at the Molecular Level
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

Fly up, carrying the car with, above the antenna thing on the building, before letting go. Try to aim the fall so that the car is impaled on the antenna.

On the way down, offer to carry DAF to the ground.



Drop the car on Tupac.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:29:21 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 4: Hey, they're back.
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2013, 04:14:21 pm »

Point at the sky clear opposite of the arena. At that point, open a portal to the elemental plane of Liquid Tungsten.
Logged
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27