Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62

Author Topic: (SG) Bizarre Slime: CROSS COUNTER!  (Read 68735 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Slime [RPG]
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 11:55:06 pm »

Bah, thinking in this vein is so much fun!

Besides, you pretty much gave us free reign. You should be glad we're sticking to three-dimensional Euclidean geometry.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »

I'm not sure how "involved" the pig-man is with our creation. As far as I can tell, we'd be likelier to take on traits of the cauldron than traits of him.
I know, but it was handy inspiration and I liked where it ended up. I don't see any particular reason to adhere to taking on the traits of our surroundings or ingredients, other than as a convenient starting point.

Still, a glass exoskeleton filled with various types of goo and fibers sounds like a good bodily structure. Now we need to decide what shape the body is in.
Not fond of the piecemeal type, myself. I'd probably go for a relatively normal glass wasp lady.

If you did want to go that route, it might depend on how big a factor you wanted the goos and fibers to be. Otherwise, the sky's the limit; could be normalish human, beetle, jellyfish, giant cat, cow, ambulatory palm tree, etc etc. I'd probably advise against the stranger shapes just for the sake of being strange, however.

The things that were put in have pretty much no effect. The slime grants the user their wish, and in this case, a child.
But, just to clarify, this wish is somewhat prone to geniezation? Or should we be sticking closer to what a child of the witch's by natural means might look like?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 11:57:16 pm »

Genes dont have anything to do with it. The wish is synthesized from the slime.

although i originally intended the character to be human, i forgot to add that to op

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 12:03:31 am »

Oh.

So my original idea was more head-on?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 12:04:51 am »

Oh.

So my original idea was more head-on?

What was your original idea?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:27 am »

Hm...to Seventh Sanctum!

This lonely girl has large red eyes. Her silky, straight, short hair is the color of ripe tangerines, and is worn in a simple style. She is very tall and has a wasp-waisted build. Her skin is ruddy. She has a low forehead and a small mouth. Her wardrobe is severe and no-nonsense, with a completely blue and red color scheme.
Sig

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 12:11:02 am »

Is this any bit inspired by Maseua?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:15:20 am by HissinhWalnuts »
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 12:23:49 am »

No, it's actually based off an old 4chan thread

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 12:26:05 am »

Just wondering cause you run the thread he's in.
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 12:27:07 am »

You are female.

You are a girl that has large red eyes. Her silky, straight, short hair is the color of ripe tangerines, and is worn in a simple style. She is very tall and has a wasp-waisted build. Her skin is ruddy. She has a low forehead and a small mouth. Her wardrobe is severe and no-nonsense, with a completely blue and red color scheme.

What is your personality?
Are you a mage? If so, are you a rune mage or a syphon mage? What powers do you possess?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 12:37:20 am »

Personality...lots of possibilities.

Are we just coming out of the cauldron full-grown? Child-sized, and if so how much later are we starting? Did the cauldron cough up an infant?

Are bizzare slimes more of the literal, cruel, or kind variety of wish-givers?
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 12:39:50 am »

Personality...lots of possibilities.

Are we just coming out of the cauldron full-grown? Child-sized, and if so how much later are we starting? Did the cauldron cough up an infant?

Are bizzare slimes more of the literal, cruel, or kind variety of wish-givers?

The slime doesn't grant just any wish. But it can make a child yes. You are a baby when the slime synthesizes you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 12:42:41 am »

Alright, then. Two questions:

1. What kind of environment were we raised in? A pampered tomboy is improbable, and a girly girl living in a slum or as a cinder-maid even less so.

2. Alright, I might have been unclear, but...are the wishes granted by the Bizarre Slime more on the "What I wanted," "What I said," or "The worst way to interpret the wish" side of the scale?
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 12:45:25 am »

Alright, then. Two questions:

1. What kind of environment were we raised in? A pampered tomboy is improbable, and a girly girl living in a slum or as a cinder-maid even less so.

2. Alright, I might have been unclear, but...are the wishes granted by the Bizarre Slime more on the "What I wanted," "What I said," or "The worst way to interpret the wish" side of the scale?

1. Well, I'll get to that once character creation is done. Don't wanna spoil it.

2. Theres this ritual you have to do. The more slime you have, the better the things you can make with it.
Slime can only synthesize deconstruct, or reconstruct matter, as in, it can only make or destroy things.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:47:33 am by PrivateNomad »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 01:06:47 am »

PTW.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 62