Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62

Author Topic: (SG) Bizarre Slime: CROSS COUNTER!  (Read 68573 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Slime [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2013, 08:08:25 am »

Check for breathing and/or a pulse be fore you say what GWG said.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »

╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

You walk over to Kuran and feel his pulse. It's very weak, but you can feel it. You turn him on his back while Aeko cries a river.
What the...? Kuran has a HUGE slash on his back, with blood smeared all over it. The blood, it spells something out. You squint your eyes, looking closer at the message.
It reads: D-I-E

Pretty sadist.

!

Your eyes shoot open, and you quickly grasp onto your chest. The strange feeling of malice shoots throughout your whole body. You can sense it's physical location drastically. You look up, the feeling still shooting through, causing you even physical pain.
You look up, and sitting on the throne right in front of you is a dark purple phantom. He has a long, ebonwood staff with a skull at the end. He dons a hood and robes with purple markings at it's edges. His eyes glow a menacing red, and dark purple mist and glows emanate from him. It's only until you get a closer look on his robes is when you see a large, detailed symbol of the magic aspect Mortem, meaning death. What he is echos through your mind, a being that could end your life in a moment's notice.
A Rune Lich.
Rune Liches are immensely powerful beings who use runic magic. They are necromantic mages who sacrificed mortal souls in exchange for longer life and a more powerful form.

"How dare you... step foot in my home..." The lich speaks in an evil voice, the sound of it booming throughout the dungeon.

(Grab Kuran and run)
(Stand your ground)

Character Information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2013, 07:04:36 pm »

Stand our ground, everyone know cabbage beats fire! And he isn't a cabbage!
Crack-a-lack-a

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2013, 07:07:00 pm »

...I don't know what to say to that.

RUN. Whatever tricks we have, he probably has tried and knows how to counter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2013, 07:51:18 pm »

Run and try to make a quick healing rune.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2013, 08:39:47 pm »

You run.
 The Rune Lich stands. He raises his hand slowly towards you. A circular rune is suddenly conjured in front of his hand. The circle has intricate designs on it, with rings circling rings before it in the opposite direction. You can't even tell what the rune would do...
Suddenly, a bright beam of blue energy blasts towards you, a resonating beam sound penetrating your ears. The beam flies past you, hitting the wall. The wall's stone bricks immediately vaporize into gas and blow away, leaving a large crater in it's place.

You and Aeko carry Kuran, sprinting as fast as possible while dodging the traps from before. Beams of energy fly past you.
The two of you rush up the spiral staircase as the Rune Lich chases you. Suddenly, your heart skips a beat as you reach the top.
The barrier is still there, resonating with dark energy.

You have no choice. You conjure your Phoenix Blaster and enter a combat stance.
 "I'll try to dispel the barrier! Distract him, please!" Aeko screams out.
Aeko begins to frantically draw a rune.

You take aim towards the Lich, firing a few shots of fire! It doesn't appear to have an effect.

"I could destroy you now... But I want to have fun." The Lich says, his red eyes glowing brighter.

"Perpetua dolor..." He says, raising his hand. Another circle appears this time having the aspect Dolor. Pain.
A dark purple glow emanates from his hand, and reach towards you with quick speeds.
A sharp pain shoots up your spine, growing into an excruciating pain. You fall down immediately, squirming around as the pain grows. It feels your you're getting stabbed in the chest 5 times a second.

"AAAAAAAAH!" You scream as you squirm on the ground.
 "Haha! How amusing!" The Rune Lich laughs.

You can't handle the pain, but you can't accept it either. You concentrate, attempting to channel energy into your rune of controlled fire. You understand basic physics... When a force exerts force, an opposite and equal force is exerted on the object. The basic laws of science are taught to all magic users, as magic follows the laws as well.
A large oxidized burst of flames emits from your hands. You fly up, kicking the lich in the face. The pain suddenly stops, and you regain your ground.

The Rune Lich lets out a yell as he is kicked. You know his weakness now. Physical contact onto his face.
 "Fucking brat!" He yells, raising his hand. It's the rune you saw before, which vaporized the stone...
 "Violet, I can't dispel it!" Aeko screams.

The lich aims his hands. Directly at you, point blank.
Shit!
You quickly dodge to the left, the beam flying towards you. You fall onto the ground, excessively inhaling and exhaling.
Something's not right... You look down to your right hand. Your hand was vaporized, destroyed by the blast, just as it did the stone.

You lose concentration, your blaster disperses.
Your eyes shoot open, and you clutch your clothes as your hand profusely bleeds.
You fail to register what's happened. Everything else shuts out except your hand, and you scream, your whole body feeling numb and weak as it shook.
This can't be happening -- This phrase shoots through your mind like a bullet.

Suddenly, in front of your eyes, your wrist starts to grow. It slowly regenerates, shaping into your hand.
You gasp as your hand regenerates in front of your eyes. What kind of magic is this..? Each cell inside your body rapidly regenerates into the exact hand you know. You gather your senses and look back towards the lich, who was observing. He then raises his hand again, firing a beam.

You successfully dodge the quick beam, and the beam strikes a part of the base of the dark purple barrier. Suddenly the barrier disappears in an array of dark energy. You and Aeko sprint out with Kuran, nearing the entrance.
 "Little shits!" The Rune Lich yells, chasing towards you.

You're almost at the entrance, you can see the moonlight outside.

You and Aeko sprint out the entrance.
Oh no. You have no way of getting off the island without a death-defying jump.

The lick lets out an evil laugh. He has you cornered.

(Leap off the island that is nearly 20,000 feet from the ground)
(Stand your ground and fight. You know his weakness now.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Combat Information
Enemies: Rune Lich [Healthy] [BOSS]

===
You: -[100 HP], [Full Magic Power]
Aeko: -[Healthy]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Information

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2013, 08:43:05 pm »

Quickly throw thousands of cubes at his weak spot, HE ISNT A CABBAGE!
Crack-a-lack-a

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »

(Leap off the island that is nearly 20,000 feet from the ground)
(Stand your ground and fight. You know his weakness now.)

Looks like we're stuck between a rock and a lich-infested place...

Fight. Not much choice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2013, 09:11:08 pm »

You have no choice. You must engage in MORTAL KOMBAT with the lich.

You fire a couple shots at him with your blaster, but it doesn't do anything.
You rush towards him. He steps back a bit, but can't avoid your kick to the face.
He yells out in pain as he holds his face. You can't see any marks, but he starts limping.
 "V- Violet..." Aeko says as she looks up towards the sky.
The full moon illuminates the sky with a glow, surrounded by quintillions of stars.
Ah. Aeko is a werewolf.
This is the double-edged sword of your situation. She could potentially lose control and attack you as well, but it may be your only chance.
You continue to think to yourself as Aeko begins to grow hair all over her body.

Aeko lets out a painful scream as she undergoes the metamorphism into a wolf. She holds her head as her hands morph into claws.
The transformation is complete, and the result is a large, grey beast with glowing orange eyes.

"How... Intri-" The lich says, before being interrupted by a claw to the face by Aeko.
 "Hey!" The Rune Lich yells in anger as his eyes burn with fury.

"This is it... Time to fight." You yell as you prepare your fire rune.

You don't know why your hand regenerated or how you could sense the evil inside this place, but it doesn't matter now. All the matters is kicking that Lich's ass. Your anger only grows as you think about the amount of lives he's sacrificed to gain his power. It's disgusting.

(Continue to kick his face)
(Propel big rocks with your fire rune towards his face)
(Let Aeko take care of it and tend to Kuran)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Combat Information
Enemies: Rune Lich [Semi-Healthy] [BOSS]

===
You: -[100 HP] [Full Magic Power]
Aeko: -[Healthy] [Enraged]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Information

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2013, 09:22:12 pm »

Tend to Kuran. Ideal world, he'll be able to help. Not-ideal-world, we're probably screwed anyways.
Sig

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2013, 10:59:11 pm »

PTW, and tend to Kuran or shoot fire at the lich.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2013, 07:21:44 am »

Draw a temporary Rune of minor healing on Kuran while shooting fire rock at the Rune Lich.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2013, 08:11:05 am »

Tend to Kuran. Ideal world, he'll be able to help. Not-ideal-world, we're probably screwed anyways.
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2013, 04:21:24 pm »

Draw a temporary Rune of minor healing on Kuran while shooting fire rock at the Rune Lich.
Ooh! +1!
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:55 pm »

You think of using a healing rune, but healing runes can only perform basic functions, such as clotting blood or repairing. What you can do, however, is create gel that soothes cuts. You learnt this one straight from the book, and it's pretty easy. You just need some grass as a reagent and rune.

You kneel down next to Kuran and roll his muscular body on it's back. You grasp a stick on the ground and start to carve the rune into the dirt. You write runes of Ignis and Sano. Sano is the rune that represents healing. You draw a basic circle around the runes and draw a single triangle in the center, kind of like the transmutation circles on Full Metal Alchemist.

You place the grass in the center and place both your hands on the circle. You channel energy into it and the the circle glows a bright blue, with occasional shocks of magic energy resonating out of it. The grass sort of liquefies into this gel thing as it's chemical composition is rearranged. You take the clump of gel and rub it on the long gash cut into his back.
That should help him if he wakes up.

You may as well prepare another rune to handle Aeko in case she attacks you. A simple binding rune should do it. You draw down another rune in the dirt with the magic aspects Fabrico and Vinculum (Binding). This should bind Aeko in a magic chain. Hopefully it won't break.

Meanwhile, Aeko keeps clawing at the Lich while he fires beams of magic energy everywhere. One beam in particular chops down a tree that falls off the island.

"GOD DAMNIT, WHY DID YOU COME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!? WAS IT THAT GOD DAMN WEREWOLF THAT KEPT ASKING ME ABOUT MY BOOK!? SOME PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE, INVADING OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES!" The Lich whines as Aeko tail-whacks him.

You pick up a rock and activate your rune of fire. You toss the rock up and punch it with the rune, and it flies towards the Lich's face. You start doing this a lot.

"ROCKS!? HOW CHILDI-" The Rune Lich declares before being interrupted by a boot to the head.

"GOD DAMNIT! I GIVE UP!" The lich booms out, his voice causing birds all over the forest below to fly off. He slams his staff down, pouting.
 "I'm too old for this shit. 224 years is too old... And there isn't even anyone to celebrate my birthday! God!" He says. You wonder how he's that old when magic was discovered around 30 years ago.

Aeko stops for a moment, seeming intrigued even in her beast form.

The purple lich clears his throat. "Alright. How about this. You leave my island, and I give ya' something cool? You kids these days always want something cool, right?" He states.

"Much except my book, the Grimoire of Specters..." He adds.

"Hmm..." You remark, pondering for a moment as you scratch your chin.

(A bowl of his Lucky Charms)
(Wand of Specters (7 uses)(Summons Phantom which can go through walls)(Lasts 3 turns or until defeated))
(Morgan Freeman voice changer)
(Book of Necromancy (ILLEGAL))

=====
Here's a list of all the magical aspects for reference.
Keep in mind that Violet doesn't know how to create advanced runes, because she's only an apprentice level mage.
Aer (Air, Weather)
Alienis (Eldritch, Strange, Alien)
Animus (Soul, Spirit)
Aqua (Water, Fluid)
Bestia (Animal, Beast)
Carus (Expensive, Precious, Valuable)
Cognitio (Learning, Knowledge, Inquiry)
Corpus (Body, Flesh, Physique)
Fabrico (Create, Construct, Work)
Fractus (Destruction, Fragmented, Shattered)
Fungus (Mushroom, Toadstool, Fungi)
Gelum (Cold, Ice, Frost)
Herba (Herb, Plant, Grass)
Ignis (Fire, Heat, Burn)
Imperito (Control, Command, Dominate)
Instrumentum (Instrument, Tool, Implement)
Lignum (Wood, Forest, Tree)
Lux (Light, Brightness, Day)
Machina (Mechanism, Machine, Device)
Malum (Evil, Malice)
Metallum (Metal, Mine, Ore)
Mortuus (Death, Decay, Undead)
Motus (Motion, Movement, Speed)
Mutatio (Chaos, Change)
Permutatio (Exchanging, Change, Barter)
Potentia (Power, Energy, Strength)
Praecantatio (Magic, Sorcery)
Purus (Pure, Clean, Stainless)
Sano (Healing, Repair)
Terra (Stone, Rock, Earth, Ground)
Sonus (Sound, Noise, Din)
Telum (Arrow, Sword, Weapon)
Tempus (Time, Moment, Season)
Tenebris (Dark, Night, Blindness)
Tutamen (Defense, Protection, Security)
Vacuos (Empty, Void, Insubstantial)
Venenum (Poison, Drug, Impure)
Victus (Life Force, Food, Sustenance)
Vinculum (Bind, Imprison, Trap)
Visum (Sight, Vision, Appearance)
Vitreus (Glass, Crystal, Gem, Transparent)
Volito (Flight, Leap)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Combat Information
Enemies: Rune Lich [Injured] [BOSS]

===
You: -[100 HP] [Full Magic Power]
Aeko: -[Healthy] [Enraged]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Information
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62