Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62

Author Topic: (SG) Bizarre Slime: CROSS COUNTER!  (Read 67876 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Slime [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2013, 09:19:19 pm »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:57 pm »

Necromancy!
+1 If we take the book, might as well learn about what we can do with it, with less risk of getting caught

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2013, 09:37:34 pm »

Necromancy!
+1 If we take the book, might as well learn about what we can do with it, with less risk of getting caught
+1. Also:

"How are you over two centuries old?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2013, 10:24:56 pm »

╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

"So tell me about this place." You ask him.
 "Ah, yes... Take a seat, take a seat..." He states, motioning his hand towards the seat next to him.
You sit down by of the large dark purple robed figure.
 "Long ago, when I was mortal, I fell into an occult ritual to resurrect the dead. Which was around 200 people ago. This happened in this very forest, a group of people that believed in magic formulated a plan to resurrect their dead leader as an attempt to delve into the dark arts. However, corruption eventually grew into them, as the dark magic invaded their minds.
Through their attempts, I was the one used as a sacrifice because I held an unusual amount of magical power. I channeled all my energy into the rune -- which was as large as this table.
The group of people believed that using this magic would cause their leader's body to be attracted to his soul. They used me as a catalyst -- to sacrifice my soul and body in exchange for his...
However, their plan went wrong. Instead my soul was placed into his body. It was strange, like I completely switched bodies in the blink of an eye... I played them. I pretended to be their leader for several years, and commanded them to build this dungeon. I grew more interested in the topic of necromancy, and researched it and mastered it myself. I underwent a strenuous ritual to make myself immortal. I sacrificed all the souls of my followers to turn myself into a lich and gain immortality. I then used magic to place myself to sleep for a hundred years until things got 'more interesting'. Of course when I woke up nothing was really better, except for more advanced technology. I put myself to sleep again and I wake up, and suddenly fucking monsters are walking around everywhere with laser guns and all that."

You stand up, anger dwelling inside of you after hearing of him sacrificing his followers.
 "What morality is in that!?" You argue, slamming your fist into the table.
 "Murdering each and every one of your followers for your own personal gain! How absolutely disgusting!" You shout as rage fills your mind.
 "They were old. They gladly accepted their fa--"
 "You took away their souls, preventing their peaceful rest!" Your shout grows as you let out the anger.
You eventually calm down and sit down again, breathing in deeply and then exhaling.
 "M- My apologies..." You say, letting out a sigh.
 "Do you know what a wise man once said, girl..?" The Rune Lich asks.
 "Huh..?"
 "Some men find great pleasure in some solitude... Yet not a single man can stand loneliness for his life..." He says, twiddling his fingers.
 "Yes, I find remorse for what I did, and I paid my moral price. Loneliness." He states as he lets out a sigh, his eyes turning an aqua color.
You shake your head in disbelief.

"So.. This book you gave me. Tell me about Necromancy." You say as you produce the book from your pack.
 "Ah, yes, of course...
Necromancy is the dark magic that allows the user to manipulate the souls of both the living and even the dead... Necromancers can raise the dead by implementing wandering souls into a body. Very amoral, yes, but with power comes sacrifice. Also, dark magic has an effect known as 'corruption'. Dark magic users will slowly gain the mindset of evil."
He says.

"This is your choice, girl, so choose wisely... Do you want me to teach you the dark magics of necromancy and bring evil upon yourself in exchange for power..?" He says, rising from his chair.

Doing this to people violates your morals, but it could also give you much power... It would be difficult to hide it from the school, and you may be kicked out, or even be arrested for treason...
Evil may consume you without the willpower to battle it.

(Yes)
(No)

Character Information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:09 pm »

Yes, but swear to ourselves only use it when absolutely necessary, and only do it with consent.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2013, 10:57:52 pm »

Yes, but swear to ourselves only use it when absolutely necessary, and only do it with consent.
Or...we could use it to bring people back to life.

I mean, presumably the soul is in control of the body, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:37 pm »

Yes

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 06, 2013, 11:59:37 pm »

"Yes. Teach me." You say.

"Ah, so the girl wants to learn the secrets of life and death... So be it..." He says, grinning.
He lets out a maniacal laughter as he grasps tightly to the side of his robes. He pulls them off and revealed is an old man dressed in a leather vest and old, ragged pants. He has a long, white beard and a white short cut, messy hair. His eyes are plain red and his skin is pale.
 "Ah... The thrill of immortality... Simple and delightful..." He says, grasping the grip of a wine glass and taking a sip of red wine.
 "I am Lord Harkas. I will mentor you." He says, scanning you over.
 "Let us proceed..." He states before taking hold of your book and flipping to the first page.

-----
Lord Harkas, Rune Lich taught you the basics of necromancy. How souls cannot be resurrected as their complete form -- meaning a body brought to life is a mere puppet -- A zombie. How souls wander the Earth and how they can be controlled and how souls can be stored inside magic containers. It intrigues you -- The secrets of life and death.
 "I will call you when you may see me again." He says, handing the book back to you.
You thank him and take your leave. That... Was a lot to take in. You may have trouble doing it at first. He says you have to "unify" yourself with wandering souls or something like that, which requires deep meditation. He even told you of a spot that he did it, a little forest clearing named Juinchi Grove, a place not far from here.

As you walk outside, you spot that Aeko is back to normal. She has her head down, tears visibly falling from her face. Dereka is sitting by her next to a dark-purple stump which she created.
The two of them look at you.
 "V- Violet... I'm so sorry..." Aeko says as tears fly from her face.
 "It can't be helped. I forgive you." You say.
Aeko cries even more and you kneel down to her.

The island turns silent when you wrap your arms around Aeko. She sets her head into your shoulder, shedding tears.
---
You, Dereka, Aeko, and the still unconscious Kuran drive back to Promas Academy, where it is just morning. It is a Saturday, so you're free from school.

(Go see the school doctor about your strange presentiment of evil and your body regeneration, he may be able to give some insight. And help Kuran)
(Go see Dereka and Elwen inside the dorms and get some information about Elwen.)
(Go to Juinchi Grove and practice Necromancy)

Character Information
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:05:03 am by PrivateNomad »

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2013, 12:02:19 am »

Unless we want to become a evil overlord with a sex dungeon full of hot human males, I don't see a reason for the necromancy.
Crack-a-lack-a

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

Make sure Kuran is being taken care of, then chat with Dereka and Elwen.
Sig

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 07, 2013, 12:53:13 am »

Make sure Kuran is being taken care of, then chat with Dereka and Elwen.
+1

We can practice necromancy later.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 07, 2013, 12:58:20 am »

You head over to the School Doctor's Office.
Doctor Hexapus, a man with six dexterous tentacles is a true master at health.
You enter his office and sit down on his bench that's raised up. Dr. Hexapus briefly enters on a spinning chair.
 "Good evening, Violet!" He enthusiastically says.
 "Hey, doc." You say.
 "Kuran's doing good! He's a strong guy! Just some relatively bad news, which is awesome for my patients!" He says, obviously proud of his work.
 "And... What's that..?" You ask.
 "He's suffering from from a great surge of evil magic! Should wake up in a week!" Dr. Hexapus says. Ah, he's so excited, even in a dire situation. That's Dr. Hexapus for you.

"Anyways, Doctor, some weird things have been ha-"
 "It's only natural for such hormones to change your bo-" He says before you interrupt.
 "No no no, not that. At the dungeon where we saved Kuran... I got this strange feeling that shocked through my body that I knew by heart was evil..." You explain.
The only part of Dr. Hexapus that is serious is when he's intrigued.
 "Hm... Interesting." He states, adjusting his figurative monocle.
 "And... When I was fighting the um... Guy, he sliced my hand off." You say.
Dr. Hexapus moves in to examine your hand, which is there.
 "But... It regenerated for some odd reason..." You continue.
The doctor's eyes widen as he scans you head to toe.
 "Really..? Violet, this is important. Does your parents inherit any sort of magic ability..?" He asks.
This topic about your heritage really gets to you. When people ask, you only have the answer of "i don't know". Your non-biological mom said you were abandoned as a baby and she found you. You have no idea of any family outside of your mother, except Uncle Clavius the Vampire, but he's not blood related to you in anyway, he's just your mom's friend.
 "I- I... Don't know. I was abandoned as an infant. My only mother is my only family and she isn't biologically related to me..." You say, holding your arm.
!
Dr. Hexapus suddenly jabs a needle into your arm. You yelp in surprise as the doctor draws some blood.
He places the sample in some kind of device attached to his computer.
 "What the..." He says as strange results flash through the screen.
The screen reads in neon green:
RACE: HUMAN, BLOOD TYPE: !UNKNOWN!
 "Okay, now I'm REALLY interested. No known heritage... Quite peculiar. Blood type Unknown..." The doc says.
 "Violet, I'm doing some research on this matter. Come back tomorow and I should have the results. This is... Quite strange. Nobody else I know in this entire world has such strange properties as you." He says as he motions you out.
This is weird. You have no idea what's happening to you. You now have proof that you actually have NO biological siblings...
You spend a minute to contemplate about your life, and your purpose here. How did you come into this world, if nobody could have given birth to you..? 

(To be continued tomorrow at around 6:00 PM EST, I gotta go.)

Character Information

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:16 am »

Unless we want to become a evil overlord with a sex dungeon full of hot human males, I don't see a reason for the necromancy.

The lich might have a biased or limited view of it.  Or that despite any prediliction to evil, that we are ultimately responsable for our own actions, and as such necromancy cannot be in itself considered evil.

But, in my opinion, a more basic thing is that ambition isn't evil.  If you want to be able to accomplish great things and be able to pursue your own goals, you should be ready and willing to attend to your personal development.  You should learn skills, develop your abilities, pursue friendships and connections with other people, etcetera.  Such things aren't weaknesses, but strengths, to be marshalled and gathered and treasured, and are components of a fullfilling and interesting life.

So whatever goals we end up pursuing, becoming more able, effective, and yes, powerful, will not make it more difficult, and we should consider pursuing new and unique experiences.  Necromance might have been a pretty unique opportunity, and taking advantage of it is not a bad thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

Unless we get burnt at the stake for it.
Sig

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2013, 06:08:15 pm »

"In the mean time..." Dr. Hexapus says as you leave.
 "I am placing you under my personal care. I WILL get to the bottom of this." He says as he adjusts his white coat.
You leave the office. You continue to think about yourself as you walk over to the dorms, the sun setting. The setting sun creates a serene orange glow towards the horizon, coloring the hexagonal sidewalk of the campus an orange glow.

You enter the dorms, and see Elwen and Dereka. Elwen looks towards you, letting that warm smile reach your eyes.
 "Violet, is that you?" She asks.
 "Yeah." You respond, following her and Dereka when she motions it.
The three of you go in the same dorm room you were at yesterday.
You sit down with the two for some calming tea. Elwen gently pours you a glass.
 "Alright, time to tell each other about ourselves..." Elwen says.
Elwen looks towars Dereka, and she nods with a serious look.
 "O- Okay... I use dark plant magic." Dereka says, clearing up that matter. Although her burns remain a mystery still.
 "My apologies for not coming to aid you, Violet. My physical senses are not as... Acute, as one may say." She says as she blinks her white teal eyes.
 "Wait, are you..." You ask, looking towards her.
 "Yes. I'm blind. Blind since birth." She says, taking in a deep breath.
Huh. Burnt girl and blind girl.
 "Well, you two told me about yourselves. May as well tell about myself..." You declare, letting out a sigh.
This feels like a therapy circle.

"Uh... I'm Violet Rondo, and... I'm a runic mage." You say. You can't bring it to tell them about your secrets, such as knowing the magic of Necromancy.
 "Very well." Elwen says, sipping her tea.
So Elwen's a blind elf girl. That explains the cane and the eyes.

---
 After some more conversation, you take your leave.
It's almost night, and you have plenty of time to kill on this saturday.

(Go to Juinchi Grove)
(Talk to Aeko)
(Go see your mother)

Character Information
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 62